Indiana Jones Quiz

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Roundshort and Temple of John,
I?ve got no problem with the both of you are having some ?fun?? But it be a lot better if you would do that through PM or something, as you are now basically taking over a thread which someone else started..
Please show some respect. :whip:

roundshort

And to my defense, This is an Indiana Jones Quiz, but "avoiding the movies" hell without the movies there is no stinking Indiana Jones (and lets all remember it is just a movie folks, you can dress like him if you want, but he is fiction). Lets ask about the movies, something more than 3 people actually care about.

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Roundshort,
This thread was made by Junior Jones. He decided to make a quiz on Indiana Jones, but excluded the movies.
That?s his choice.
If you don?t like it, don?t participate. You are not obliged to.

And if you want a quiz about the Indy movies, you could make a thread about that yourself. :)

roundshort

I don't know about a "good comedy club' maybe a discount one, with the old stripers that no one really wants to see any more; but yes, there would be a cover charge at the door.

roundshort

What the duece?!

Why didn't he name it the Indiana Jones Comic Book Quiz, and also sense when does a thread give the aurthor proprietary rights to the content fo a thread? Are exciting twists and turns not the whole point as to why we start our threads? I love to start threads and I want everyone to post whatever they want, it is much more fun to see where a conversation can lead to.

Like this one time at band camp . . .

Junior Jones

roundshort said:
And to my defense, This is an Indiana Jones Quiz, but "avoiding the movies" hell without the movies there is no stinking Indiana Jones...
There are already lots of threads about the movies. I was just trying to introduce some variety.

roundshort said:
Lets ask about the movies, something more than 3 people actually care about.
If only three of us are interested, then please just let the three of us enjoy our discussion. If you're not interested, don't post.

roundshort said:
Why didn't he name it the Indiana Jones Comic Book Quiz
I did intentionally put it at the Miscellaneous Table and not the Trilogy Table.

temple of john said:
He doesn't even post anything about it...
I did respond, in post #36 of this thread, and I was ignored. As I have been frequently reminded, it's just an internet thread about a movie character. I didn't think it was important enough to start a pissing contest about.

...and we kept the damn thing alive.
From my point of view, you killed it.

And Ayrun, thanks for your defense, but I don't think it'll do much good. As roundshort pointed out, this thread has gone far enough off topic that it's not really mine any more.

Gilles V

Administrator Emeritus
roundshort, if you don't like the questions of this Indiana Jones Quiz then don't post in it! Instead of ruining the whole game for the people that do want to play.

The title of this quiz is "Indiana Jones Quiz", not "Indy Movie Quiz" or "Indy Video Games Quiz" specific. It's a general Indy quiz. And it just happens to be that the Indiana Jones franchise is much larger than just the films.

If Junior Jones wants to continue avoiding useless facts (like "How many times did Indy fire his gun in Raiders?") I find it normal that he looks for questions beyond the films. Otherwise the quiz would have been too easy for many Indyfans here. We probably all know every character & detail in the films by now, no challenge there.

Instead we can now all learn and expand our (useless :p) Indy knowledge with these questions.
And if 1 person does not want this, then he should just let the others enjoy the game and put his attention in other threads. And with "attention" I don't mean flooding!

Junior Jones, any chance you will post another new question anytime soon?

Last edited:

roundshort

Thanks Gilles,
And for you information Floods went out of style again . . .

Look I am a huge Indiana Jones fan, (I am trying to lose some weight though) but it is a bit arrogent to simply wave off the movies and not being fit to be in a triva thread. And that crazy Temple of John, He so Funny!

I still chuckle out lound at some of his posts, and in the middle of a lame work day that is worth a lot, or priceless like the creidt card company says.

So, JR, yes even though I don't read the comic books, keep up the good work, I encourage ALL to post as much as they can here.

roundshort

OK, lets see they wanted Magmun P.I.m but he couldn't then they tried William Krut, and he couldn;t so they were stuck with Harrison Ford, right?

Junior Jones

Gilles V said:
Junior Jones, any chance you will post another new question anytime soon?
I was ready to give up on it, but in order to get this thread back on topic I'll try to come up with another one.

By the way, I meant to mention this before. I'm not angry with anyone. I appreciate people who want to have fun. I'm just frustrated and annoyed that their fun is found in ruining others' fun.
(I was tempted to try the member ignore function, but roundshort and temple are entertaining, and sometimes they even post something intelligent.) ;)

roundshort

Thanks JR, tell Gilles that, hmmmmm. . .

and yes, we strive to be enteraining, to let people know this site is for ENTERTAINMENT!

and the big box, it was a bit gawdy, was it Snoop Dogs, pimp my luggage, sea-chest?

Junior Jones

OK, back on topic...

Question #5
Whose temple did Indiana Jones discover between the events of Temple of Doom and Raiders of the Lost Ark?

(There, at least I mentioned the movies.)

IndyBuff

I may really be going out on a limb here but could it be The Temple of the Forbidden Eye, a shrine to the god Mara? I know it's only a theme park ride but I've noticed that TIE's timeline lists it. Personally, I don't cosider theme park rides as part of the Indy canon but obviously they do. I'm probably wrong but that's the only thing that turned up in my search.