Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Street Chase - KOTCS

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Jungle Chase - KOTCS

Votes: 6 5.4%

• Total voters

Driftwoodv.7

TheLastCrusader said:
I love all the Indiana Jones chases, and that includes Indy 4s, and the warehouse chase too. The problem with that one though is that it's too short. All the other chases in the Indy films are exactly as long as they should be. When they're over you really have the feeling that you had a great build-up to an amazing climax. The Warehouse chase consists of awesome shots, but there is no build up at all. Maybe if they edited it differently would have loved it as much as all the others, because I think they could've stretched the actual chase bits in stead of having one climax after the other without any real chasing. The scene is awesome but it doesn't feel complete to me, there are a few parts missing.

Yeah now that you mention it, I totally agree. I -love- that scene, but I do wish it was a little longer.

StoneTriple

Driftwoodv.7 said:
...when the Commies are shooting at Indy's ride through the foilage, and when the parallel roads meet again, Indy leaps over....

Great shot, one of my favorite parts of the chase.

MarxBrosFan

1. Truck Chase- Best action scene in the entire series
2. Mine Cart Chase- Over the top but lots of fun.
3. Tank Chase- Best action scene in TLC.
4. Warehouse Chase- I love the setting.
5. Motorcycle Chase (TLC)
6. Campus Chase
7. Jungle Chase- Too long and stupid.

deckard24

I'd have to rank them as follows:

1. The Truck Chase from Raiders-One of the best chases in film history...period!

2. The Tank Chase from LC-I originally would have put the Mine Car chase from TOD ahead of this one, but the sense of urgency and peril coupled with the fact the Henry. Sr's and Marcus' lives were on the line, trumps it!

3. The Mine Car Chase from TOD-Awesome fun, and it still holds up today! It's like a roller coaster ride through hell!(y)

4. The Warehouse Chase from KOTCS-One of the best parts of this film!

5. The Motorcycle Chase from LC-Short but fun!

6. The Boat Chase in Venice from LC-Not included on the original list, but more fun then the last two in my opinion.

7. The Jungle Chase from KOTCS-Cool at times, but felt like too much of a repeat of what we've seen before!

8. The Motorcycle Chase through the Campus from KOTCS-Fun but tired, and a repeat of better chases from earlier films!

9. The Chase through the streets of Hong Kong from TOD-Funny, but not much of a chase!

Indy fan 235

I love that truck chase in Raiders, from when it begins and to it ends it just holds you at the edge of your seat. I remember seeing that for the first time and just being amazed.

Col. Detritch

I enjoy all the chases just about the same, they become something you look forward to watchiong in each movie. my favorite would be the jungle chase, closely folloed by the tank chase and truck chase. I wouldn't nessecarily count the Warehouse escape as a chase and more like an action sequence or opening adventure (which is what it is).:hat:

FILMKRUSC said:
Truck chase in Raiders is the best by far. :hat:
Yeah, they didn't just show the doors open or the truck shake and the bad guys jump out. In Raiders you were in it and saw the fight,you weren't at the kiddie table missing the action.

TheLastCrusader

My final ranking:

1. Desert Chase (Raiders)
2. Mine Cart Chase (Temple)
3. Tank Chase (Crusade)
5. Motorcycle Chase (Crusade)
4. New Haven Street Chase (Kingdom)
6. Warehouse Chase (Kingdom)
7. Jungle Chase (Kingdom)
8. Shanghai Car Chase (Temple)
9. Venice Boat Chase (Crusade)

AndyLGR

The truck chase very time.

I know its a homage to an old western stunt where the hero goes underneath a stagecoach, but this whole sequence in Raiders will be lauded as one of the great action scenes of all time. Not only for the drag beneath the truck, but the whole thing from beginning to end. Lots of different stunts, plenty of suspense and action. As already mentioned the bit where he gets back in to the truck and throws the nazi out is brilliant......... and the score to this is perfect.

This coming on the back of the airplane fight is another reason why Raiders is my favourite action adventure movie of all time. The whole thing is breathless. One exciting setpiece after another. When you think they cant top the previous one then they throw in another.

JP Jones

Hatayster said:
Can't go wrong with the desert chase in ROTLA. The second half of it in combination with the score is epic :D
I agree that this is one of the best chases in the series,but there are a lot of ways the desert chase could've been improved though. the shots of Indy driving the truck forward bored me a bit. they could've had winding roads with groups of nazis coming from every direction to shoot at him,or they could've had Indy jumping from truck to truck like in the amazing jungle chase scene. There were ways it could've been improved but I was amazed with the whip drag, the swinging through the door and kicking the nazi, and the constant tossing guys out the door. it was great fun when I saw it in theaters for the first time.:whip:

MaverickKing

It was the truck chase from Raiders of the Lost Ark for me. The one that cemented Indiana Jones in my mind.

Listed:

1) Truck chase, Raiders
2) Mine cart chase, Temple
3) Tank chase, Crusade
4) Street chase, Raiders
5) Motorcycle chase, Crusade
6) Jungle chase, Kingdom
7) Warehouse chase, Kingdom

JP Jones

Truck chase, truck chase, truck chase. Where's the Jungle Chase. That's the chase that really got me cheering Indy on.
Top Ten
1.Jungle Chase- Action overload. It has some of the greatest shots in it. Swordfights, near falls off a cliff, leaping from jeep to duck. Wonderfully exciting.
2.Truck Chase- Just vintage Indy. He's by himself chasing down the ark.WOW
3.Warehouse- What's not to love. You can't not love the whip, running on crates, etc.
4.Tank Chase-Tanks are cool, Indy looks cool on tanks
5.Minecart Chase- A big bungle of fun
6.Cairo Chase- It has one of the most iconic shots;)
7.New Heavan Chase- I loved the moto-skiing(New X Games Event)
8.Shanghi Chase- "Short Round, Step on it":D
9.Motorcycle chase- Weird looking nazis, but very fun
10.Boat chase- Eh, I needed a tenth one.

lao che & sons

Here goes,
1.shanghai chase- "okey dokey dr. jones! Hold onto your potatoes!" lol
2.truck chase- just pure awesome
3.mine car chase- the one scene that's stuck on me from my first indy expierience
4.Mutt's chase- THIS really got me into indy, "get that greaser!"
5.Tank chase- you gotta love it
6.Jungle chase- I always loved this one especially when splako's car is pushing against indy's ... some great shots there.
7.motorcylce chase- a classic
8.young indy train chase- most people wouldn't actually consider it a chase... but I do
9.cairo chase- another classic
10.venice baoat chase- I had to add it:rolleyes:

alright, I know you all are gonna think, why the !@#% would he make shanghia chase his #1? Well I'll end your rants right now.

I think for me it was mostly beace of what came before it, that nightclub scene remains my all time fav from the first time I saw it on tv, a couple days before KOTCS came out. I was so pumped and couldn't imagine what could top that. I thought it was over.. the rest of the movie will be ok but nothing will top what I just saw.

Well then I met short round my all time favorite character whose lines there completley made me flip. then I saw the chase afterwards. Then I thought it was really over, my non-fully-developed brain couldn't take it no more. The they jumped out of a parachute. For months, I would claim that to be the BEST car chase of ALL TIME. But now that I look back on it it wasn't and the truack chase in riaders IS. But this one os still my personal fav.(y) (y)

Chewbacca Jones

Sorry mr. kotcs, but I'm a Truck Chase man, too. And not a fan of the Jungle Chase at all. Here's my ranking, and reasons;

1. Truck Chase - Perfection, great twist on an old idea, and you get to see everything! Not to mention, the music! :whip:
2. LC Motorcycle Chase - The stuff with the jousting, the looks from Henry, the furthering of the father-son dynamic, and... well... motorcycles!
3. Tank Chase - It just reminds me so much of the Truck Chase, I can't help it. I have no other defense, except maybe that Marcus even gets in on some action.
4. Mine Cart Chase - Whoa! What a rush! Not much happening, but it delivers the "roller coaster ride" fully and with tongue firmly in cheek.
5. CS Street Chase (motocycle, I'm guessing) - a great tip of the hat to the LC scene, and a solid sequence in it's own right.
6. Warehouse Chase - It has exaclt one good point - the Ark shot. Otherwise, it lacks magic. The pacing is off, you don't see any real fighting at all, the CG enhancements are unnecessary, and... well... ok, that's all.
7. Jungle scene - it has all that you say, mr. kotcs, but Indy doesn't really do much of it. It's Mutt's scene, which is OK, but as the big action set-piece, it should have been Indy's. Plus, the "action overload" is exactly what I hate most about it. The Too Much is Never Enough approach to current action films is why I tend to stay away from them, and this scene gets too close to that mentality for my comfort.

Honorable mention (since it's not on the list) - The Streets of Cairo. I'll call it at 2.5. :hat:

AnythingGoes

Don't get me wrong, I love ToD as much as the next man, but the Truck Chase was so much more gritty and believable then the fanciful 'ski jump' Mine Cart Chase. Also, I love when Indy bashes the Nazi Sergeant's head against the dashboard and hurls him out the window!
:whip:

AndyLGR

There are a lot of similarities between the motor cycle chase in TLC and the TOD mine cart chase, which lessen the scene for me. The truck chase for me is the perfect definition of indy as a character. Plus a great score helps it too.