Crystal Skull game?

Katarn07

We all know there's a great chance there will be a Crystal Skull game in addition to that other one in development, but that link provides zero evidence that we'll definitely be seeing on though....

Katarn07 said:
We all know there's a great chance there will be a Crystal Skull game in addition to that other one in development, but that link provides zero evidence that we'll definitely be seeing on though....

You're right...

...but it does hint at the possibility that a major game designer could possibly be working on an Indy game...

...which I felt warranted a topic.

HovitosKing

i think gamers today probably want something a little more unique than a movie-inspired game. games (gamers) are evolving..the days of playing through the redundancy of a new film's storyline are nearly dead. hell, movies today are based on games, not the other way around. no way we see a crystal skull game.

No Ticket

HovitosKing said:
i think gamers today probably want something a little more unique than a movie-inspired game. games (gamers) are evolving..the days of playing through the redundancy of a new film's storyline are nearly dead. hell, movies today are based on games, not the other way around. no way we see a crystal skull game.

Goldeneye 007 for the Nintendo 64 was based on a movie and I think that game was better than the actual movie. Me and my friends played it from 1997 until 2000 or 2001 almost on a daily basis. It was our Halo back then. I realize it's the exception to the rule. Usually games based on movies suck.

But if they are getting the guy who developed God of War on this project, that's a step in the right direction. I've played God of War, I and II, and it's definitely among the best games of all time that I have played. The level design is really beautiful and the game makes you feel like your playing a movie. In the first level of God of War II... you have to actually take down a giant statue that has been given life by the Gods, it's the size of a huge building... it follows you through the level, kicking and punching through walls... it watches you through windows and grabs you and throws you to distant parts of th city. Eventually you have to enter inside of it and tear it apart from the inside. The game utilizes cinematic moves where you have to push certain buttons at certain times on screen as this fight develops before your eyes. Like the main character jumps from the statues head and wraps his chains around him and then swings from it and kicks off a hand or something like that. It's just badass.

Knowing the kind of direction they went with on God of War, how beautiful the architecture and the graphics in the game looked (on a PS2 I might add), and the very incredible musical score and voice work of the game... he would be a very smart choice to work on an Indy game.

Imagine what he could do utilizing PS3 and Xbox 360 power. I can't wait to see the God of War for the nex-gen consoles.

Needless to say, if he is making an Indy game I'M buying it.:whip:

Katarn07

Is God of War that much different from Prince of Persia? Sorry, I hate console exclusives because I'd love to play it, but I only have an XBOX/X360. I LOVE Sands of Time, and both Warrior Within and Two Thrones are fun to play, but I hated the story/theme/gratuity they threw in for an M rating.

I'm not thrilled about a Crystal Skull game either. I love the idea of SW games and Indy games, but I prefer them to stand up on their own. Those are the better titles I think. TPM and RotS sucked. They didn't even make a game for AotC :rolleyes: However, Indy games are few and far between. I'd love two Indy games, even if one's just based on the movie.

What an Indy game also needs in addition to great level design when it comes to a 3D platformer/adventure like PoP and GoW is a simple yet intricate hand to hand combat system. ET was ok, sometimes I managed to do some awesome stuff in Prague involving roof tops, but it wasn't as thrilling as any fistfights in the movies.

chapter11

Katarn07 said:
They didn't even make a game for AotC :rolleyes:

Oh god, could you even imagine what that would be like?

"I love you, Padme, waaaaaah."
"I thought Jedi's weren't allowed to love?"
"But your skin is so soft, not like this sand, waaaaaah."

Sorry. I just hate that movie.

oki9Sedo

chapter11 said:
Oh god, could you even imagine what that would be like?

"I love you, Padme, waaaaaah."
"I thought Jedi's weren't allowed to love?"
"But your skin is so soft, not like this sand, waaaaaah."

Sorry. I just hate that movie.

It looked magnificent, it must be said.

San Holo said:
It looks like BS, but over at Rotten Tomatoes, they have a clip for a "Indy 4 Game" in which a semi-retired Jones is pulled outta retirement by his wayward brother(who also has a map to Atlantis):rolleyes: Release date of 6-6..

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/indiana_jones_4/

Hahaha, amusing fake. The trailer was just a clip from the Emperor's Tomb trailer with a fake title tacked onto the end and a rather hilarious description beneath it.

Shortie

I don't think they will. Games based on movies are beginning to be scarce, heck the Spider-Man games only loosely follow the plot.

|ZiR|

Games based on movies invariably suck because they're put together sloppily, without love or much effort, to cash in with the release of the film. I'm sorry, but I find that's the case more often than not.

Though I suppose that the kind of people who actually buy movie games aren't the most discerning of consumers.

I think that there probably will be a slapdash KotCS game made, in addtion to the Lego and as of yet untitled PS3/X-Box 360 game. At least I hope so. 'Cause if the latter turns out to be a KotCS game I'm gonna be rather miffed. :mad:

The best Indiana Jones games have all had story lines independant of the films. I believe we can all agree on that. So if they can't be bothered to come up with a good, unique plot for the next Indy game, they should just do the script Chris Columbus wrote for the third film. The Monkey King one. It would've made a poor movie, but it has much potential as a video game.

Katarn07 said:
What an Indy game also needs in addition to great level design when it comes to a 3D platformer/adventure like PoP and GoW is a simple yet intricate hand to hand combat system.

Oh yes, I agree completely. Indy should "feel" heavier, too.