The NES Indy games in Flash

Oh man, those are so awful. I own the UBISoft LC game and the Tengen Temple. I have the rom of the Taitio LC. They're all awful. Though I do agree, as bad as Temple is, it's oddly addicting...

Finn

Staff member
ResidentAlien said:
They're all awful. Though I do agree, as bad as Temple is, it's oddly addicting...
I reckon it is so because it's so damn hard to finish, at least compared to those other two. It's an elusive achievement, which I've gained btw.

Not without those handy save/load abilities of these flash/rom applications, though.

metalinvader

I have roms for the Game Gear and Genesis Last Crusade games,Truely one of the worst games out there...The NES is probably the worst out of all the console versions.I can't even make it past two enemys in the zepplin level.Awful...

The Young Indy game is alright,Though its so repetitive.

Oh,Hey Finn,You do know there is two ending to that game,Right?

Inbanana

I finally beat the nes Temple game the other day... Is that like one of the hardest games in history or what...? I don't think I could have done it without an emulator though, thats probably why I never beat it as a kid...

Trust me though, you guys haven't seen awful til you've seen Instruments of Chaos: Starring Young Indiana Jones for the Genesis.

Worst game ever... which I've beaten thanks to save states.

...so not worth the effort. That game is worse than ET. A little part of me died in order to beat it. :(

I beat the UBISoft LC many times as a kid. It became formula to me. No sweat at all. Christ, what a wasted childhood. :(

Never could conquer the Temple game though.

metalinvader

Oh god,Instruments of Chaos if so f'ing frustrating.Funny,How the most dangerous enemy in the game are those damn birds.

and Let's not forget the Egypt level where the wind can blow you back to the begining of the level!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I would have loved to see the Germany level but the game pisses me off to no end when ever I play it.THe Big Ben jumping puzzles do me in all the time!

metalinvader said:
Oh god,Instruments of Chaos if so f'ing frustrating.Funny,How the most dangerous enemy in the game are those damn birds.

and Let's not forget the Egypt level where the wind can blow you back to the begining of the level!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I would have loved to see the Germany level but the game pisses me off to no end when ever I play it.THe Big Ben jumping puzzles do me in all the time!

Trust me, Germany isn't worth it. Actually, it's entirely anti-climactic. Germany is damn-near EASY. Go figure.

Just a dreadful game.

metalinvader said:
That bad,eh? I would have sworn that Germany would have been a quality level like the rest of the game.:p

If only.

The end is just infuriating. After you fight your way past the Germans, shooting your way to the zeppelin, falling repeatedly, etc, you have to whip like 6 steam valves.... over and over. That's it. The game will then prompt you to haul ass. Just jump out of the zeppelin, drop off the scaffolding and run left. You don't even have to bother with the guards. Game over and you know what the ending was? The title screen with credits rolling over top! All that work for the title screen! Oh and you also got a short letter that said congratulations, Indiana Jones had thwarted the spies, etc. Really terrible.

Anyone played the Genesis Last Crusade? It's the same essentially as all the other LC adventure games. Only the level designs are different. Same levels, just totally new layouts compared to the PC and NES versions I've played.

metalinvader

Ugh,That game is terrible.Though oddly enough the LC game for the Genesis was one of my favorite childhood games.I still play that game on an emulator from time to time out of nostalgia.Who's idea was it to have search lights hurt you?!?!

Amazing how the LC adventure game found it's way on to so many consoles.That game is terrible no matter what system!!

Michael24

I had Temple of Doom on NES all those years ago, and it was one of my favorite games even though it seemed impossible to beat. Especially in those days, before passwords and cheat codes. Haha!! I only reached very near the end of the game just once. I think it was the level just before the bridge, where you can had to continually stun the crocodiles (or alligators, whatever they were) to walk across them, but it was in the middle of these HUGE lava pool that offered nowhere else to run if they became unstunned before you could move. Very frustrating. Never made it that far again.

There was also a coin-op version of TOD at our local mall arcade that I used to play frequently, and I remember enjoying that more than the NES version. Graphics were (obviously) better, and the controls didn't seem quite as frustrating.

A friend of mine had The Last Crusade on NES, but I only played it once or twice. Otherwise, only other Indy game I've ever played is Fate of Atlantis.