Bazooka and other heavy ordnance - Empire magazine photos

littledavid2

....mmmmm....everytime a see a new picture I get mixed feelings...I don't know...that hat...Indy and Marion's expressions...

NileQT87

heck, yes!

indy, marion and mutt as the main trio is exactly what i'm hoping for in this film.

nice bazooka. and marion at the wheel of the truck--they're definitely going for full-on spunk with marion.

JerryKing

When asked where this movie sits tonally with the rest of the series, Marshall said: "I would say it's closest to the third one (Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade)"...

:(

drjones

Very interesting. I guess I know what one of the action sequences is going to be here. Indy with a bazooka can only mean one thing - tackling with the Russkies!

CaliforniaJones

It's not a bazooka, it's an RPG!!! Besides that, I don't know. Marion behind the wheel looks like she's takin the kids to school in the station wagon.:rolleyes:

drjones

Well I know I can, here in the U.S. Some of the big bookstores carry it, like Barnes And Noble, Books A Million, and Borders. I may seriously think about going by one of those places (I live about five to ten minutes away from a Books A Million) and check that issue out.

Marion behind the wheel looks like she's takin the kids to school in the station wagon.

LOL! Yeah, I guess in a way it does look like that, doesn't it?

trippweeder

drjones said:
Well I know I can, here in the U.S. Some of the big bookstores carry it, like Barnes And Noble, Books A Million, and Borders. I may seriously think about going by one of those places (I live about five to ten minutes away from a Books A Million) and check that issue out.

You should.

loganbush

When asked where this movie sits tonally with the rest of the series, Marshall said: "I would say it's closest to the third one (Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade)"...

Good. Character development.

TheLastCrusader

i did hope we'd get a better quality one than this
indynewsopener.jpg

But I'll get the next issue of Empire anyway..

trippweeder

If you click on the interactive magazine slot and go about four or five pages in, you'll see Natalie Portman in all her Superfox glory. I wish she had been Indy's daughter.

trippweeder

TheLastCrusader said:
i did hope we'd get a better quality one than this
indynewsopener.jpg

But I'll get the next issue of Empire anyway..

Dialogue for picture:

Mutt: "This is my scene, Pops."
Indy: "You want some of this, Dick?"

TheLastCrusader

CaliforniaJones said:
It's not a bazooka, it's an RPG!!! Besides that, I don't know. Marion behind the wheel looks like she's takin the kids to school in the station wagon.:rolleyes:
Again, this is not a screenshot; it's a production still. They're posing for a photograph.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
trippweeder said:
Can you guys buy Empire in your home countries? They always deliver the goods.
When not discussing the finer nuances of Fassbinder or trying on Vulcan ears, we in the Empire office like to argue over which is the best Indy movie. There's currently a heated battle between the Raiders and Crusade teams.
It's sentences like these, and the reality of that joke, that really make EMPIRE worth the 10 bucks it costs around here.

When asked where this movie sits tonally with the rest of the series, Marshall said: "I would say it's closest to the third one (Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade). It's all adults. I mean, you have the sidekick in Shia (LaBeouf), but you don't have a Short Round and I think the banter between the characters is as fun as it was in the third movie".
Yeah, JerryKing, I can already hear the collective nervous breakdown this quote will cause on the internets.
While I like Last Crusade especially for all the character stuff (and metaphorical depth of the story) I don't think all these "it's more like Raiders/Temple/Crusade" quotes should be taken too seriously.