Nascar, more Class than F1?

roundshort

Wow, in one scandal, Nascar seems to have more class than F1, who'd a thunk it?

Reports: Mosley involved in Nazi sex scandal
by FOX Sports

Max Mosley, president of the Federation Internationale de l'Automobile, F1's governing body, is facing intense pressure to resign from his post after being implicated in a Nazi role-playing orgy according to British tabloid News of the World.

The report detailed a five-hour orgy between Mosley and five prostitutes at a house in Chelsea. In a video on the newspaper's Web site, it shows a man identified as Mosley arriving at an apartment. The man is then greeted by a woman playing the role of a Nazi prison guard, checking his hair to see if he has been kept clean "at the other facility."

Later, another woman in a prisoner's uniform enters the video and the man said to be Mosley is heard speaking German.

At one point during the video, the man yells "she needs more of ze punishment!" while brandishing a leather strap over a woman's bottom before striking her with it and counting in German.

The report is even more disturbing because of the fact that his father, Oswald Mosley, was a former British politician who served in Parliament for both the Labour and Conservative parties. Before World War II, however, Oswald led Britain's fascist organization according to the Times of London.

Formula One chief executive Bernie Ecclestone said the sport shouldn't be affected by the report.

"Assuming it's all true, what people do privately is up to them," Ecclestone told the Times in a story posted late Sunday on its Web site. "Knowing Max it might be all a bit of a joke."

Still, the pressure is mounting for Mosley to step aside, particularly from Jewish groups, according to the Times.

This report comes mere months following a scandal in Barcelona where Lewis Hamilton, Formula One's only black driver, was verbally taunted by fans. Mosley came out shortly after the incident and threatened to impose penalties on tracks if any racially-themed incidents appeared in the future.

The FIA not only governs Formula One, but helps establish appropriate standards for all other motor racing championships, including NASCAR.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Lao Che Pun

As a NASCAR fan myself, I'd assure you that some of the drivers are probably into freaky things too.

Bottomline is that the drivers actions off of the racetrack shouldn't devalue the sport, no?

Finn

Staff member
Lao Che Pun said:
Bottomline is that the drivers actions off of the racetrack shouldn't devalue the sport, no?
Except the guy in the scandal is apparently the chief man of the international association... it's more like what the suits do have nothing to do with the lack of class on the track or among the drivers. Though the bottom line is, I'm sure some of them are into freaky things too. That's even probable, since you need to have some loose screws to drive a car over 250 MPH on a narrow circuit.

The Man

roundshort said:
Wow, in one scandal, Nascar seems to have more class than F1, who'd a thunk it?

Reports: Mosley involved in Nazi sex scandal
by FOX Sports

Max Mosley, president of the Federation Internationale de l'Automobile, F1's governing body, is facing intense pressure to resign from his post after being implicated in a Nazi role-playing orgy according to British tabloid News of the World.

The report detailed a five-hour orgy between Mosley and five prostitutes at a house in Chelsea. In a video on the newspaper's Web site, it shows a man identified as Mosley arriving at an apartment. The man is then greeted by a woman playing the role of a Nazi prison guard, checking his hair to see if he has been kept clean "at the other facility."

Later, another woman in a prisoner's uniform enters the video and the man said to be Mosley is heard speaking German.

At one point during the video, the man yells "she needs more of ze punishment!" while brandishing a leather strap over a woman's bottom before striking her with it and counting in German.

The report is even more disturbing because of the fact that his father, Oswald Mosley, was a former British politician who served in Parliament for both the Labour and Conservative parties. Before World War II, however, Oswald led Britain's fascist organization according to the Times of London.

Formula One chief executive Bernie Ecclestone said the sport shouldn't be affected by the report.

"Assuming it's all true, what people do privately is up to them," Ecclestone told the Times in a story posted late Sunday on its Web site. "Knowing Max it might be all a bit of a joke."

Still, the pressure is mounting for Mosley to step aside, particularly from Jewish groups, according to the Times.

This report comes mere months following a scandal in Barcelona where Lewis Hamilton, Formula One's only black driver, was verbally taunted by fans. Mosley came out shortly after the incident and threatened to impose penalties on tracks if any racially-themed incidents appeared in the future.

The FIA not only governs Formula One, but helps establish appropriate standards for all other motor racing championships, including NASCAR.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

A five-hour orgy, eh? It seems Max is in even better shape than Harrison.

eroc

any sport that was created by running moonshine liquor during the depression, is alright by me. sounds like a great episode of Young Indiana Jones, huh?

roundshort

To be honest, I am really unhappy with my title for the thread. I had a few minutes to post, and I thought the story was SO out there I wanted to post it. I am not a fan of either F1 or Nascar, but not a hater. , I travel a good deal in Europe, and the French esp. love to make fun of Nascar and belittle it compared to F1. If I could repost I am sure I would come up with a title that was a bit more creative.

Kingsley

If they can turn Monaco in a Race Circuit, well, F1 is far ahead from Nascar in many things... Sport? I don't know. The best car is 75% of the deal to win.

Gary2880

Class or not the fact remains that i don't know how you yanks can bare to watch nascar without wanting to rip your eyes from the sockets. i had the misfortune of seeing a "race" once and it was the most BORING sport i have ever seen! and ive seen american football! which is nearly as bad! you are so close to having no interesting sports.

roundshort

Gary2880 said:
Class or not the fact remains that i don't know how you yanks can bare to watch nascar without wanting to rip your eyes from the sockets. i had the misfortune of seeing a "race" once and it was the most BORING sport i have ever seen! and ive seen american football! which is nearly as bad! you are so close to having no interesting sports.

Please do us a favor, if you don't like our sports (which is cool, I would rather have my balls removed with a weed whacker than watch soccer or cricket or Rugby . . .) DONT F&*^ING watch them!

I travel for a living so I am often in a bar watching my Steelers play, and there always seems to be some Brit crying about how boring our sports are, and how he HATES to watch them. Thats cool, we all have our own thoughts and are right in our own way, BUT WHY WATCH AND WHINE LIKE A LITTLE GIRL?!?!?!? Leave go do something else! Eat some spotted dick or whatever you people do! I dislike Nascar, therefore I DON'T watch it! Novel concept . . .

Thats all, I am here all week, don't forget to tip your waitress!

Gary2880

Please do us a favor, if you don't like our sports (which is cool, I would rather have my balls removed with a weed whacker than watch soccer or cricket or Rugby . . .) DONT F&*^ING watch them!

Oh i don't. I was just reminding your country how useless they are at sport.

Go eat a cheese burger or start a war, whatever it is you people do over there ;) Apart from spell things stupidly... And its called Football, not soccer.

Last edited:

roundshort

Gary2880 said:
Oh i don't. I was just reminding your country how useless they are at sport.

Go eat a cheese burger or start a war, whatever it is you people do over there ;) Apart from spell things stupidly... And its called Football, not soccer.

lets just count Olympic Gold this summer . . . .

As I said before, I am not here to discuss the relevance of other countries sports, i just want all Brits to stop crying in public for hours about how they find US sports boring. yes we are useless at sport, The US can not compete at any level . . .sure . . .

And the war comment was cute, 'casue when we start a war, we always have our faithful lapdog, the UK to do and go where ever we say!

Last edited:

Finn

Staff member
Gary2880 said:
F1 ain't much more interesting. The reigning world champion has some pretty funny quips from time to time (like telling the world he was on the crapper during the legend's retirement party) but as a sport it's downright dull. (Can't talk about NASCAR, never seen a full race). By the way, the full soccer games I've bothered to sit through can be counted with the fingers of one hand. I prefer ice hockey.

roundshort

Finn said:
F1 ain't much more interesting. The reigning world champion has some pretty funny quips from time to time (like telling the world he was on the crapper during the legend's retirement party) but as a sport it's downright dull. (Can't talk about NASCAR, never seen a full race). By the way, the full soccer games I've bothered to sit through can be counted with the fingers of one hand. I prefer ice hockey.

Lets go Pens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary2880

lets just count Olympic Gold this summer . . . .

As I said before, I am not here to discuss the relevance of other countries sports, i just want all Brits to stop crying in public for hours about how they find US sports boring. yes we are useless at sport, The US can not compete at any level . . .sure . . .

I guess one falls back on "The World Series" a sport that is not played out side of america generally. No self centred egotism there! You just do everything wrong. nascar is F1 for people that don't know what a corner is and american rugby (not football) is rugby for wimps! 2 options if you dont want "us brits" to cry about your sports, either don't make a thread about it where i can, or make them less boring (y)

And the war comment was cute, 'casue when we start a war, we always have our faithful lapdog, the UK to do and go where ever we say!

Yup, stupid us, Just a shame the same cannot be said about america. arn't you lucky. 2 years late...

roundshort

Gary2880 said:
I guess one falls back on "The World Series" a sport that is not played out side of america generally.

Last time I checked, a whole bunch of countries took part in the Olympics, not only America . . .I even think england tries to put some so called "athletes" in the games, not that they do much

Still, think the Nazi orgy is a bit out there for any "sport"

Paden

roundshort said:
So who is liking The Pens for the cup?
Well, I'm on record as a die hard Dallas Stars fan and pleased as I am that we've clinched a playoff spot, judging from the way the team's play has spiraled over the last several weeks, I'm fearful that we might be in for another first round elimination. The Penguins certainly look good, but I'd be inclined to think at this juncture that either the surging San Jose Sharks or the Red Wings have the best shot at the trophy.

roundshort

Paden said:
Well, I'm on record as a die hard Dallas Stars fan and pleased as I am that we've clinched a playoff spot, judging from the way the team's play has spiraled over the last several weeks, I'm fearful that we might be in for another first round elimination. The Penguins certainly look good, but I'd be inclined to think at this juncture that either the surging San Jose Sharks or the Red Wings have the best shot at the trophy.

I know, I don't follow the west, I just want to get past Montreal! With all the Pens injuries, they have not had a time to play as a team and Crosby and Hossa are in sync yet. I was happy to see that our 4th stingers won a few for us though. Defense and goal tending will be our downfall.

Are the Wings and Sharks that good?

Sorry for thread drift, but this is better than the way soccer guy had it going.

Paden

roundshort said:
Are the Wings and Sharks that good?
The Sharks have certainly looked impressive of late. But, of course, that could all change when the playoffs open. Many a team (including my favorite) has appeared terrifyingly efficient on the ice, only to choke when it matters most. At this point though, they look pretty formidable.

As to Detroit, they've certainly played well this season. Part of my perception of them goes beyond their immediate performance. They simply seem to be one of the most consistent franchises in the NHL. They've certainly put my Stars out of contention on more than one memorable occasion. I guess they don't call it "Hockeytown" for nothing. :)

Kingsley

Gary2880 said:
I guess one falls back on "The World Series" a sport that is not played out side of america generally. No self centred egotism there!
LOL!
To like one sport or another is mainly a cultural thing these days.
I am a "soccer guy" too, but I can't watch it with neutral eyes anymore... you learn to love it... and if you dont, then it may look pretty boring, I know (y) . Same with most of US sports :sleep:

Why do we look to the US in a "see the straw in your brother's eye, and not the rafter in your own" way? Inferiority complex maybe?
Yes, sometimes it bothers me a little when US people think they are the center of the universe... but thinking that way is missing the richness this world and life can provide you.

roundshort, you seem to travel and enjoy other cultures pretty much, let me respectfully play with your words...
roundshort said:
Last time I checked, a whole bunch of countries took part in the Olympics, not only America . . .
Well, last time I checked, America was a whole continent and not a single country ;)

Enjoy your favourite sports, no matter what :D ... see you in the Olympics!