What little kids say about indiana jones.

agent_dork

What do little kids you know/related to ect say about indiana jones?

my 4 year old sister told me she wanted to watch an indy movie becase it is about a guy who runs from giant rocks. :p

KiKi Kat

My little boy (he is 5) just got some Indiana Jones action figures last nite. He loves the fight scenes on the movies but he can't pronounce Indiana Jones too good. He say Idiot Jones. :)

The_Raiders

My cousins, ages 12, 9, an 6 all love Indiana Jones, they saw the VHS tapes I borrowed from my aunt way long ago and watched them, then later I got my DVD set and we always watched those, good times, good times. But now I moved to Texas so I can't be wih them, which makes me kinda sad becasu they really looked up to me, but Indy lives on there. But I always thought it was cool seeing younger kids liking the series, they always tried to talk along with the movies and stuff. :p

kjd18

My five year old boy is completely obsessed. It's hilarious. After watching the original teaser trailer back on Feb. 14, he fashioned a makeshift outfit--a zorro had, a pirate jacket, a small camera bag over the shoulder and a belt for a whip. It was pretty pathetic, but funny. We eventually got him a real hat, a perfect shoulder bag ($5 at the local craft store) and the 3 foot soft cracking whip.

The action figures have proven to be the most powerful motivating force known to us. For the promise of new ones, he has 1. learned how to swim, 2. stopped sucking his thumb, 3. started eating veggies, 4. learned to brush his teeth himself. It's great.

He also climbs upon our furniture and jumps from the ottoman to the couch to recreate the jungle chase scene where Indy jumps "truck to truck".

Nurhachi1991

My nephew kinda likes Indy but is more into Transformers,Powerangers,Speed Racer ect.

But I can say that I was the only 6 year old in kindergarden pretending to stop Nazis from stealing the Ark (y)

Woah now thats weird I learned to swin from Indiana Jones to. I literally watched the scene where he is swiming to Jocks plane over and over when I was little and picked up the technique. I'm not kidding I'm dead serious! Even when I got into a fight in like 4th grade I pretended the kid was the German Mechanic and tried to mimic how Indy fought him including the sand in the face.......... My mom was not to happy about that one.

Ska

Nurhachi1991 said:
My nephew kinda likes Indy but is more into Transformers,Powerangers,Speed Racer ect.

But I can say that I was the only 6 year old in kindergarden pretending to stop Nazis from stealing the Ark (y)

Woah now thats weird I learned to swin from Indiana Jones to. I literally watched the scene where he is swiming to Jocks plane over and over when I was little and picked up the technique. I'm not kidding I'm dead serious! Even when I got into a fight in like 4th grade I pretended the kid was the German Mechanic and tried to mimic how Indy fought him including the sand in the face.......... My mom was not to happy about that one.

ha

At least he wasn't killed by a propeller...right? :confused:

Indy~Annie

my 2 year old nephew when he sees Indy ,he stands on the couch,arms in the air and screams GO INDY GO!!! GO INDY GO!!! :p lol and when i let him hold a Harrison movie he stares at it and goes ooooooooooooooooo!! and he sits there looking at it for at least 15 min.:D lol

cant wait till he's big enough to watch the movies with me.:D he he he

CasualJeff

My five year old son loves Indiana Jones. It's funny because I tried to get him to watch Star Wars, but he is bored by it. You'd think he would go for Star Wars, because it's so colorful and visually interesting...but he much prefers Indy. Here are the cute things he does.

-Whipping with anything and everything even remotely whip-like that he can get his hands on.

-Absentmindedly humming the theme song while playing with action figures(even non-Indy action figures. As long as there is some kind of fight, the Indy theme is used).

-Being confused when Harrison Ford appears sans hat. "Where's Indiana Jones?" he'll ask. "He's right there, teaching his class." I'll say. "No, I mean the man with the hat!"

Also, after buying him an Indy figure, we spent a few minutes looking at the back of the package and talking about the different characters. He pointed at Mutt and asked if he was a bad guy or a good guy. "You've seen the movie" I told him. "Don't you remember if he was a good guy or a bad guy?"

And then he responds "oh right--he's the genius guy". (For some reason, the line "come on, genius" really stuck with him. He always refers to Mutt as the genius guy.)

mutt willams

i saw a kid at wall mart with a fedora on and his mom was like come on jim (or something) and the kids like "moooooooom its Indy!

i had to smile, anyways i am probably the only one here who cant recall the indy theme song attomatticly, two years of watching star wars has kept me from doing that!!!! wait i got it *bad singing*

The_Raiders

Me and my brother-in-law went to look and see if there were any LC fiures at target the other day and I saw a little boy sifting through the adventure heros, I could't help but smile seeing more younger kids enjoying the figures and much as I do. (y)

Mrs_Fedora

I don't know any small children actually, my youngest cousin is 18 so that's not exactley small anymore... ;)
But i saw KOTCS for the 2nd time a couple of weeks ago and the theatre was packed with little kids. When i looked around i noticed that every kid was quiet and almost glued to the screen... And when they did talk, it was about the movie and how great Indy was..

Now, that's beautiful....

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
My brother (11) has started collecting the Topps Cards and is making his own set with his own pocket money and the doubles I have. He got lucky on the weekend. He got a Crystal Skull sketch card!!! You should have seen the look on his face! Such joy! He wants more Lego Indy sets for his birthday and we're practically giving him all Indy stuff this year. I'm considering to get him that deluxe action figure set with Indy and the Golden Idol coz he seemed to like that. My influence, I guess.

The cutest thing I saw on the premiere night was this boy, who was probably like 7, and he wore a fedora to the premiere! (y)

graz

CasualJeff said:
My five year old son loves Indiana Jones. It's funny because I tried to get him to watch Star Wars, but he is bored by it. You'd think he would go for Star Wars, because it's so colorful and visually interesting...but he much prefers Indy. Here are the cute things he does.

My girls (7 & 10) are the same. Couldn't get them interested in Star Wars but they love Indy (although they aren't that keen on Raiders, strangely..)

Mrs_Fedora

graz said:
My girls (7 & 10) are the same. Couldn't get them interested in Star Wars but they love Indy (although they aren't that keen on Raiders, strangely..)

Raiders is not really a movie for kids. When i was about 11 years old, i totally digged TOD. Because it's just plain silly fun! I was too young for Raiders at the time, Raiders was just too 'difficult' for me. When i got older, i started to appreciate Raiders much more because i understood it better.

QBComics

I was looking through the figures at Target and two boys and their parents started scavenging through the figures and the boys started to yell "Indiana Jones!!" "Cool!" :whip:

indyclone25

my 12 yr old son has been into indy since he was 5 and when all the indy hype started last year he really got into more watching the dvds and watching the young indiana jones chronicles ( masks of evil is favorite movie) last year i gave him my old fedora that i got when temple of doom was out -- and he has just about every action figure and all the first lego sets --- were working on getting the kotcs sets ------his friends don't like it and he tells what they need to like about and to watch the movies to see the action---when he plays he makes the punching noise with his mouth ( you know the sound) i'm worried if he ever gets in a fight at school he will make that sound when he punches the other kid just on instinct--- but yeah i think he will be liking indiana jones for years to come .