Blade Runner

QueZTone

bladerunner.gif

Yesterday I watched Blade Runner for the first time. I had seen short scenes before but not the entire movie. I loved it! It has such a unique atmosphere!

I really like Harrison's character and how he looks! Now I have three ways of seeing Ford; as Indy, Solo and Deckard!

I'd love to have the model kit for Deckard. Can't find it though.

Anyway, I also played the game just now and finished it. It was very good as well!

What do you guys think of Blade Runner?
Oh and Trev, you gotta do some Blade Runner art!! If you like the film that is. :)

[Edited by QueZTone on 07-16-2003 at 04:09 am]

westford

I love the cold, seedy atmosphere in the film - everything is grey and soulless. Reminds me a bit of Mars in Total Recall. Haven't seen Blade Runner for ages, but the part that sticks in my mind most is when Deckard is climbing around on top of the buildings.

That reminds me, I still need to see Minority Report - another film based on Phillip K Dick's stuff.

Coldfyre

If you plan on seeing Blade Runner and haven't yet, I recommend getting the Director's Cut... it takes out a lot of the rather cheesy narration that Dekker does over certain scenes, and lets you simply appreciate the atmosphere of the movie. I think the ending also had a lot more impact in the Director's Cut.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
The book Blade Runner is far different from the movie, but still retains a close resemblance. While the film is a great film, I think I like the book a wee bit more.

swords

"Do Sheep Dream of Electric Sleep" is indeed an good book, it is very very good.

So is the movie, the directors cut. I havn't seen the theatrical version, but I've seen cuts of it, and it seems too boggling. It must be told through the images of what you see, not through some guy's narrative.

Coldfyre

swords said:
"Do Sheep Dream of Electric Sleep" is indeed an good book, it is very very good.

So is the movie, the directors cut. I havn't seen the theatrical version, but I've seen cuts of it, and it seems too boggling. It must be told through the images of what you see, not through some guy's narrative.

Um... I thought it was "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep"?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Coldfyre said:
swords said:

Um... I thought it was "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep"?

Yes, I believe that's correct.

bob

Blade Runner is a great movie; it is a great compromise between the classic hard boiled stories and the demands of sci fi; as well as an element of mystery

J

Jedi Daniel

I was told to watch Bladerunner by numerous people because they considered it a 'classic'. Well I saw it a couple of weeks ago and it was easily one of Ford's worst movies. I couldn't stand it. The acting was terrible and the storyline was all over the place.

Blade Runner - Top sci-fi film

Read in the paper that Blade Runner was voted the best sci-fi film of all time. While I absolutely love Blade Runner I don't think it's the best sci-fi film. That ackolade would have to go to Star Wars A New Hope. I also found it funny to read that Harrison really hates Blade Runner.

Joe Brody

If we saw the same article, I think that the selection was made by British Scientists. If so, then I'm not surprised by the pick. There's not much 'science' (or any deep issue posed or explored for that matter) in Star Wars. I love Blade Runner and I'd have to second it's selection.