Spielberg on Access Hollywood

Little Indy

Just saw a clip on Access Hollywood for tomorrow's episode. They will talk about Indy IV. They showed Speilberg and made it sound like they were going to interview him. The spots usually aren't very long, and some events get more air time then others. It also showed the cover of January's issue of Vanity Fair with Mutt and Indy. The cover looks pretty cool, I might buy it just for that, even better if they have an article inside. Access Hollywood airs on the pacific coast at 7:30 so you can guess from that what time it airs in your area.

AHegele

good find!

That would make it the second time in a couple of months that Shia appears on the cover of Vanity Fair.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Beware. The Vanity Fair online article shows people in gear that you haven't seen in their on screen costumes and...let's say wigs before. I'm heading for the spoiler section right now. This also means, though, that, if you don't ever want to see those people in their costumes you may not look at future posters or trailers for this film...I guess...

Wohoohooo. That Vanity Fair cover looks ****ing awesome. Thanks for the heads up. Here's more. Including a damn nice picture of The Beards + Harrison on set (a set piece which you can see in the spoiler section btw ;) )
Despite the fact that Shia's presence on the cover somehow...disturbs me...I just love it.

Cool. Great. Fantastic. :D

OH MY GOD*.
There's more more more. Spoilerish stuff. Video footage from the photo shoot....
Oh ****. I never thought this day would come.

*again. sorry for my use of words or expressions. but....the excitement...you know :)

Last edited:

metalinvader

Awesome pics! When does this issue hit news stands?

*Edit*

I know what you mean Torao! I almost had a heart attack!!

Last edited:

Blue Jay

could they show a teaser on access hollywood, right after the interview, i mean is that common practice?
The Star Wars Episode III Trailer debuted on TV.

Little Indy

You will have to check your local listings to find what channel. Chennels ary from region to region. I'm sure you can check out the Access Hollywood Website that might help.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Don't get your hopes up too high, folks. I don't think a teaser will just appear out of nowhere. Because not only will it be scooped but there will also be an official or some kind of announcement.
Or how would you behave as a network that is about to premiere a trailer for Indy IV?
Same goes for a possible theatrical teaser release.

Little Indy

OK I just watched the Access Hollywood spot. I am now 100 times more excited for Indy IV! They showed a couple spoilers but that's ok nothing too much. They spotlighted the issue of vanity fair and some photos that will appear in the issue. One photo that struck me was Shia with Marion in a huge Warehouse similar to the one in the end of Raiders. I'm thinking they are trying to bring Indy full circle. Bringing back Marion, looking for the Ark in the warehouse trying to bring closure to the series maybe. Of course that is pure fanciful speculation. Anyhow cool clip I DVRed it.

Dr.Sartorius

Little Indy said:
OK I just watched the Access Hollywood spot. I am now 100 times more excited for Indy IV! They showed a couple spoilers but that's ok nothing too much. They spotlighted the issue of vanity fair and some photos that will appear in the issue. One photo that struck me was Shia with Marion in a huge Warehouse similar to the one in the end of Raiders. I'm thinking they are trying to bring Indy full circle. Bringing back Marion, looking for the Ark in the warehouse trying to bring closure to the series maybe. Of course that is pure fanciful speculation. Anyhow cool clip I DVRed it.

Can you please upload it to the Internet?

Also did they show anything that isn't on the Vanity Fair website?

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Little Indy said:

So...is it basically the same clip as this one?

Gustav

torao said:
Wohoohooo. That Vanity Fair cover looks ****ing awesome. Thanks for the heads up. Here's more. Including a damn nice picture of The Beards + Harrison on set

I'm only about a third of the way through the article, but I really like what I'm reading so far, especially this paragraph right here:

Rather than update the franchise to match current styles, Lucas and Spielberg decided to stay true to the prior films? look, tone, and pace. During pre-production, Spielberg watched the first three Indiana Jones movies at an Amblin screening room with Janusz Kaminski, who has shot the director?s last 10 films. He replaces Douglas Slocombe, who shot the first three Indy movies (and is now retired at age 94), as the man mainly responsible for the film?s look. ?I needed to show them to Janusz,? Spielberg says, ?because I didn?t want Janusz to modernize and bring us into the 21st century. I still wanted the film to have a lighting style not dissimilar to the work Doug Slocombe had achieved, which meant that both Janusz and I had to swallow our pride. Janusz had to approximate another cinematographer?s look, and I had to approximate this younger director?s look that I thought I had moved away from after almost two decades.?

I was afraid of Kaminski working on this film because from what I've seen of his other films, I couldn't see him shooting an Indiana Jones film without changing essence of Indiana Jones with his unique and modern style of cinematography. It worked well with Saving Private Ryan and Minority Report, but it would just be out of place in an Indiana Jones film. I don't think a lot of people realize how much Kaminski's usual style would change the feeling of the film from what we're used to.

Anyway, that's why I like this paragraph, because Spielberg caught that one little thing that was worrying me and it's very reassuring for the rest of the film.

That's not to say that I ever lost faith.

AndyLGR

Reading this has got me looking forward to it even more. Now that images, posters and interviews are finally here the thing seems real now. I can't wait.

Good to know, although I should never have doubted it, that they are keeping the look like the other 3 films.

No Ticket

AndyLGR said:
Reading this has got me looking forward to it even more. Now that images, posters and interviews are finally here the thing seems real now. I can't wait.

Good to know, although I should never have doubted it, that they are keeping the look like the other 3 films.

It will seem REAL to me, like... really really real real.... when I see the trailer! I've got no more patience left! It shoulda been out by now!