Could it have been worse?

Udvarnoky

Rocket Surgeon said:
What would they have had to do for you to "Go Sankara", so to say.

When it comes to overall reaction I can't put it in terms of degrees - it's more of a critical mass thing. The movie was problematic enough that I was disappointed by it. If it would have been worse I would still have been disappointed, although maybe it would have been a more interesting kind of disappointment?

I Don Quixote

Rocket Surgeon said:
This is worse for you?!

Maybe the Kissing Thread could use this help!

indiana-jones-burlesque.jpg
[/QUOTE
Thanks for the publicity, Rocket.

Mickiana

Rocket Surgeon said:
falsies is slang for fake boobs...inserted in a bra, at least here in America!:D

'Bolt-ons' is a common term here in Oz. Forgot to mention that before. What do you call false teeth in America?

Mickiana said:
But what's the slang?:D
Grill is the current popular nomenclature with the youth set.

Choppers / fangs might be a bit rusty but I still use em when I brate the elderly at the Nursing Home before serving lunch each Sunday.

The easiest way to slangify words into Australian is to abbreviate them as much as possible and then add an -o at the end. And foillow the whole thing with 'maaate' for added irritation.

So, Indy Jono and The Kingo of The CrizzieSkullo Maaate.

Yep, I guess it could have been worse.

Mickiana

I dunno Replo, maaate. Not everyone in Oz talks in... Oz. Then again, I was down at the bottle-o with me mate Johnno grabbing a six pack when this grouse sheila, Jane-o, says, "Hey, Micko, grab that Indo whip of yours and show me a crackin good time!" Ha ha, good ol Jane-o. Now there's a bird that can show a fella a good time. Maybe you should meet her, Replo? You sound a bit uptight. Jane-o would loosen you up, no problemo. Or just some contact with any grouse sheila might lubricate your social skills! Waddya reckon, maaaate?

Sorry maaate, I just been flat out like a lizard drinking, musta got a bit blue or something. Meet ya down the bottle-o in five and we'll grab some VBs and wind our necks in? Whaddya say Bruce?

Mickiana

I'm up for leggin it to the local, but maaate, VBs nuthin but southern battery acid! I can feel a XXXX comin on. Ore a slab o' gold then yore as good as gold. But not VB. VB means Very Bad, doncha know? You couldna gone too far north in ya travels ere, ay? Cause we don't talk as refined as those hoity toity southernas yoo moite ave noticed. Thay r irritatin, I will give yoo that. Up ere Down Unda, well its Gods own country and all those southernas are very very jealous. So whaddya say Replo, lets chug a bit o Castlemaine crap er I mean beverages like civilised folk and soak in that Queensland sun my son!

indywannabbe

Of course it could have been worse. I think CS is a decent film, just that there are scenes that would have been best left on the cutting room floor.

Fridge flying through the air like that was hard to believe as was lots of the CGI. Swordfighting on jeeps, swinging in trees, giving skeleton to Indy when Indy was about to kiss. Just little things here and there really that detracted from the film a bit. It was less gritty.

ROTLA the jeep bit at the end when Indy goes under the jeep, that long scene is almost like a silent movie....intense. CS seemed to feel as if they needed to speak for the sake of it at times.