Can we get Indy around the globe ?

Montana Smith

Yay! What Stewie said.

Except the bit about Tootsie Pop! (I've no idea what that is - I thought Indy was getting to know Moloch in Bohemian Grove back there).

Love the aged shots and the moody looking ones near the end! (y)

Stoo

Smiffy, you can see the classic, '70s Tootsie Pop commercial here:

The aged look on Pale Horse's photos is a gorgeous touch and the colour shot inside the actual "Forbidden Eye" ride is a coup-de-grace.

Lance Quazar

Pale Horse, this is OUTSTANDING!!!!!

The pictures are spectacular - great, great, GREAT job on the "antiquing" of the images. Clever and funny captions, too.

The truck!!! The ride!! Excalibur!! My favorite pic is the low angle looking up at the temple.

Can't wait to see inside the vaunted Club 33, an area more secretive than the Grail Temple itself.

Gorgeous, gorgeous work!!!

Dr. Gonzo

I have to echo what everyone else has said... great stuff.

You must have placed that reservation for 33 a while ago...

Pale Horse

Staff member
A bit of a regret. Traveling Indy could have been an internet meme...because he could have been here this weekend.

6298467675_58a62a60b4_z_d.jpg

This is the KJ92508 Halloween House. It's on the street behind me...we've taken the family a few times now.

Stoo

Pale Horse said:
A bit of a regret. Traveling Indy could have been an internet meme...because he could have been here this weekend.

This is the KJ92508 Halloween House. It's on the street behind me...we've taken the family a few times now.
Heh, I saw a report about that house on CNN the other day. Has mini-Indy already left for his next destination?

Pale Horse

Staff member
As I understand it, Lance has him back for some last minute stuff in LA, and then he's on to Nick up in the bay area.

He was only with me for my Disney Club 33 trip.

inky_skin

Again, thanks to the pressure of "offline" life, I've been badly neglecting this thread (n)

@Pale Horse - there aren't sufficient superlatives to describe how thrilled I was to see Indy hanging off the front of that truck. Are there any more pictures to share ? I know Lance has some, and that Nick Turner is eagerly awaiting Indy's arrival...

InexorableTash

I'll be down in La la land (visiting the DL of course) next weekend if little Indy needs transport up to the Bay Area.

If not, Godspeed little fellow - great adventures await in SF!

Pale Horse

Staff member
Continuing ...

Please forgive the poor low light quality of my point and shoot, and the general laziness of the post processing process

In the upstairs lobby
6348878194_1615618395_z_d.jpg

Awaiting the menu
6348893608_a19d749db3_z_d.jpg

At the table
6348893618_bc30d0b85e_z_d.jpg

Eating
6348893658_2cd34fccb8_z_d.jpg

Waiting for dessert
6348893668_2a902a48bc_z_d.jpg

For the uber fan, only
6348910626_757f450c33_z_d.jpg

Those in the know, know that Walt never got to eat at his restaurant. Tragically, one of the CM busboys said that this was his favorite table. In true PH fashion I said: "Walt died in 66' and this club opened in 67'. Explain that". I smiled as he sheepishly walked away.

But the image above was inspired from this window, and it's the same window that Traveling Indy ate at. This is the view, from that window.
6348910640_5a206899e3_z_d.jpg

Now, those not in the know, know.

Stoo

Pale Horse said:
Those in the know, know that Walt never got to eat at his restaurant. Tragically, one of the CM busboys said that this was his favorite table. In true PH fashion I said: "Walt died in 66' and this club opened in 67'. Explain that". I smiled as he sheepishly walked away.
What a doofus (the busboy, that is). By the way, the steak looks delicious! Did you give Indy a bite?:)

Pale Horse

Staff member
Truly, that green bean/broccoli/pea dollop there above it (on the right) that looks like it was scooped from a lunch cafeteria was the bomb. Everything made there comes from a central kitchen 2/3 stories below. When I worked at the French Market back in the day, leftovers from the club were put out for the employee kitchen. Waste not Want not.

Best thing about the Club, for us...is the desserts, and cocktails. The rest is just somewhat ... similar.

NickTurner

Lance has more pics to post, but I can't resist posting some teaser pics. It's cool to be able to unpack the well-traveled Indy, set him on your desk and take a snap right away! I had opened up some figures the night before....

TIndy_1e.jpg

Indy is looking a little worn around the edge of his hat! Who knew that item was painted? Shoes are scuffed too, though that is to be expected from all that travel. I had to resist the temptation to spruce him up. I figured this was all part of the deal - travel scars? Voyage fatigue? Building character or something? Anyway here is another quick pic.

TIndy_2e.jpg

Wow the dust really shows up in pictures! :D

NickTurner

Some more fun stuff to keep things going till I get out and about! Folks are right when they say it's just plain fun to take pics of this guy. I'll have to edit it down to just the good ones as it will be tempting to post everything!

TIndy_3e.jpg

TIndy_4e.jpg