• Ark Theme

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Airplane Fight

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Desert Chase

Votes: 9 22.0%

• Total voters

oki9Sedo

The music during the airplane fight/truck chase etc. aren't themes, they're just music written for those scenes.

WhipItGood

For me, the Desert Chase and the fight make great listening on their own and in the film, though the Ark theme might be well underrated for setting the mysterious, ominous atmosphere surrounding the Ark. It's a very skillful blend of the divine holiness and Old Testament wrath in one unified piece of film score. One of Williams' best creations for any film.

ReggieSnake

Actually, I think one of my favorites might be the Idol Theme. (It's only played just before Indy takes the Idol and then briefly in the Map Room)
Other than that, I'd have to go with the Ark Theme because it truely gives the Ark the mysterious character it has in the film.
In the end though, my vote goes with The Desert Chase because I'd have to agree with IndySeven that it really captures the spirit of the movie. It's also a genius 8 min piece of music on it's own, notice that there is little or no dialogue: the music tells the story. And what a story!:whip:

DoomsdayFAN

IndySeven said:
Mine's is definitely Desert Chase. That theme really captures the spirit of the film!(y)

Boy, thats a tough one. I'd have to say its a tie between ALL of them. They're all sooo good.

One you didnt put in the poll which seems to always give me goosebumps is: "The Map Room at Dawn". That one is great.

But I voted for the "Ark Theme".

Last edited:
Gotta be Raiders March. The intro before the main Indy theme is superb. I mean the actual Raiders Of The Lost Ark version, not TOD or LC's versions. It's at it's most pure and stunning. Then we blend into Marion's Theme and back. Classic.

:hat:

IndySeven

Desert Chase is awesome! One thing about that theme that I've noticed is that in the teaser trailer for Raiders, nearly all of the music is from "Desert Chase", and only one piece of dialogue is used during the entire trailer. Desert Chase really tells the story of Raiders!(y)

Dr. Gonzo

All the music is great, the ark, the desert chase... but if one has to be chosen, its the one that defines the man in the hat himself... the Raiders march!

ReggieSnake

The Raider's March (and really all the music) is a big part of what makes these films so good, clear and articulate. John Williams is awesome! (You've heard it before, and you'll hear it again);) Can't wait for his score for KotCS...

Little Indy

herr gruber said:
Gotta be Raiders March. The intro before the main Indy theme is superb. I mean the actual Raiders Of The Lost Ark version, not TOD or LC's versions. It's at it's most pure and stunning. Then we blend into Marion's Theme and back. Classic.

:hat:

I couldn't have said it better myself herr gruber. I love the end credits in Raiders for that very reason. Oh by the way I miss your old avatar.