General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Nathan Drake

If it's the last one it should go out on a high note. Go back to the gritty, adventurous feel. Bring on the traps. Have an adversary who is the villain to end all villains. As cunning as Belloq, as manipulative as Elsa, as sadistic as Toht, as skilled as Irina and as evil as Mola Ram. No more jungles or deserts as a major setpiece though. Been there, done that.

Seeing some old faces outside the family would be good (after all, this will be the last time we'll get a chance) but it HAS to be relevant to the story. No fan service, no forced cameos. Just something along the lines of Sallah in the first film. He shows up midway, plays his part and the story moves on without him. No need dragging everyone along for the ride for the sake of them being there.

agentsands77

Crusade>Raiders said:
I really don't want Indy looking for another Christian artifact. I want something crazier, maybe not aliens crazy, but something different.
Seconded. If you're going to go forward, you have to have a different angle.

Crusade>Raiders

agentsands77 said:
Seconded. If you're going to go forward, you have to have a different angle.

Exactly, which is why I love these crazy stories that have Indiana Jones fighting sky pirates and searching for dinosaur eggs. Maybe the dinos are a bit much, but I think that Indy doesn't always have to be Nazis and Christian artifacts to make a great film(See Kingdom/Temple).

Salacious

I vote for Atlantis. Underwater city??

It would be fun for Spielberg to use Sharks to replace the snakes, bugs, rats, or ants.

But I want Indy to be alone with maybe a female sidekick/love interest...but the love interest wont happen if it aint Marion...and there really isnt anywhere to go from the wedding. I dont see Lucas having Indy get divorced.

Dust McAlan

What about Ryugu-Jo, palace of the Dragon King, Ryujin?

Link.

An undersea palace made of red and white coral, possibly crystal, where the dragon god controlled the tides with the use of magical tide jewels. This way we can have Fate of Atlantis still canon, but get an underwater adventure in, one set in Japan no less, a place where I'm sure Indy made no friends during World War II. Plus, setting in, say, 1959 would make sense in the series.

Indiana Jones and the Dragon King.

blueoakleyz

So WILL there be an Indy 5 for sure?

This is asking a question to satisfy my own interests/fears.

We definately want another one, the movie is going to make a ton of money..
so... yes?

And an Indiana movie not Mutt movie

Michael24

It's funny. One story reports Harrison Ford would be up for another, then another story reports that he's unlikely to return for another. I assume it's gonna be another wait-and-see game. Personally, I'd love another one.

Stoo

As expected, The Raven has gone INSANE. There are TRUCKLOADS of Indy 5 threads around here!
The movie came out 4/5 days ago. How the hell would anyone know "for sure"?:confused:

Dust McAlan

Stoo said:
As expected, The Raven has gone INSANE. There are TRUCKLOADS of Indy 5 threads around here!
The movie came out 4/5 days ago. How the hell would anyone know "for sure"?:confused:
No one would. But it's fun to speculate. :D

Spielberg has said that Harrison is in the best shape of his life, and if the truck got rolling they could punch out another film in 2/3 years. Any longer and it wouldn't be worth it without Harrison.

That, or go back and do some Indiana Jones movies without (gasp!) Harrison Ford as Indy. Maybe have a film set in 1930 with a slightly younger actor who looks like Harrison.

blueoakleyz

Dust McAlan said:
No one would. But it's fun to speculate. :D

Spielberg has said that Harrison is in the best shape of his life, and if the truck got rolling they could punch out another film in 2/3 years. Any longer and it wouldn't be worth it without Harrison.

That, or go back and do some Indiana Jones movies without (gasp!) Harrison Ford as Indy. Maybe have a film set in 1930 with a slightly younger actor who looks like Harrison.

No thanks, HAS to be Harrison
young indy was bad enough

blueseattle

Well, I might as well spill my guts...

For the Vanity Fair contest, I wrote in this:

Title: Indiana Jones and the Book of Life
Synopsis: It's 1962 and our favorite archaeologist is tired and fatigued from returning home empty handed in Moscow, Russia; however, he's not alone. Indy is visited by a group of Israeli/Islamic scholars that carry a lead to where one can find the original written pages of the Qu'ran. The problem is that there's already a strong and dangerous religious sector steps ahead. With little time and a slow start, Indy must race against time, which inevitably pairs him against his familiar comrades, the Russians, who aide the religious group in finding these pages, in hopes to form an alliance.

That's the gist of it, but whatever... I figured the McGuffin should be Islamic based and since idolatry is banned, its hard to come up with an artifact.

No Ticket

Michael24 said:
It's funny. One story reports Harrison Ford would be up for another, then another story reports that he's unlikely to return for another. I assume it's gonna be another wait-and-see game. Personally, I'd love another one.

I saw an interview somewhere a few days ago and I SAW Harrison say he'd be willing to make more "if people want them."

Stoo

blueseattle said:
Israeli/Islamic scholars
:confused:You might want to do a bit more research there, blue.
"Indiana Jones and the Holy War of Terror"

Thanks to whoever merged these threads.

Hedwig

If they are actually going to make a fifth Indy film (and I hope so) hopefully it won't take another 19 years....

jasperjones

I like the dragon King take on Atlantis.

I like the orichalcum aspect of the Atlantis story. It could be tweaked so that the Soviets are after it to power their weaponry during the Cold War. It would become a power more terrifying than nuclear power and give the Ruskies the edge. The US military wants it as well. Indy realizes that the last thing a world on the edge of apocalyptic war needs is more powerful weapons.

The whole Crete/ Minoan angle would be great to tie in. You could really play on the minotaur legend somehow. The labrynth would be pure Indiana Jones. You'd have to change the alien visitor element from FOA though as that's just been done.

The key thing to do would be to make the stakes high and clear.

Hedwig

Shortie said:
Does anyone want Short Round again besides me?
Yeah, Shorty would be cool...:)

The villain could be someone who behaves like a gentleman, but when he loses to Indy, he gets angry like a little child. In a Belloq kind of way (when he took the Idol from Indy he was so... Hmm... Proud of himself? And when Belloq and Indy discussed in the bar: the "you and I are not so different"-talk.) or something...

IH8Snakes

Hedwig said:
Yeah, Shorty would be cool...:)

The villain could be someone who behaves like a gentleman, but when he loses to Indy, he gets angry like a little child. In a Belloq kind of way (when he took the Idol from Indy he was so... Hmm... Proud of himself? And when Belloq and Indy discussed in the bar: the "you and I are not so different"-talk.) or something...

You all realize short round is no longer 'short', nor does he have that speech impediment anymore.