Weather Where You Are

Indyologist

Tell us the good, the bad and the ugly about the weather you're experiencing right now where you live. Old tales about the weather are welcome too. My condolences ahead of time for anyone that may have lost something or someone due to some weather event. Please give us updates on any conditions in your area and be sure to share your good stuff as well!

metalinvader

The weather is awful where I live(southern NH).We just got 8 inches of snow Thursday and it's going to snow about another foot (give or take a few inches) on Sunday.I really don't mind the snow itself but I really hate driving in it.The drive to work on Thursday was terrible,It usualy is only a 35 minute drive but with the snow and all it took an hour and a half...(n)

Indyologist

Yep, we're getting a 12-16" dump all day Sunday. As a matter of fact, it's started to snow just about an hour ago. I'm all stocked up though, so no worries. We are supposed to get some sleet too. My heart really went out to all those people who got socked with that ice storm and now are being hit again with a snowstorm to boot!

Anybody else having snow problems or have a snow story? Anyone here from the South coping with that awful draught down there?

IndySeven

The weather where I am is usually sunny and hot since its Florida, but it'll be freezing here tomorrow! It'll be in the 40's!:)

Indyologist

It snowed all day today and is still snowing now. I had to shovel the front of my place and a part of the backyard for my little dog three times today! Early morning we got a pelting of freezing rain. I never lost power from that, thank God. Then it turned to snow midmorning. The wind picked up this afternoon, too, so driving conditions have been treacherous all day. I didn't make it to church, which stinks, but I'm not risking my life or my mom's car if the weather is that bad. I'm hoping I won't have to shovel yet another time before I go to bed.

metalinvader

The weather here is just as bad,Indyologist.It's a constant mix of snow and frozen rain.At least this crappy storm happened on a day I don't work,Well for me anyways.:p

Rambler

I expect to see a witch on a bicycle (OZ!)

It is extremely windy here tonight in Easton, MD. The wind is gusting over 40mph. Last week, a similar storm worked my fence gate back and forth until a board holding the latch worked loose and sent the gate flapping and the board flying. I retrieved it and proceeded to repair it in the storm. While holding on to the gate, all 270 pounds of me was dragged along by the wind. Definitely time for a chin-strap on the old hat!

sarah navarro

SO.Cal- its pretty cold over here in the mornings with some frost.Its usually HOT over here and i hate it,im so jealous of everybody saying that its snowing where they live.We get some snow anout every 3 or 4 years.:( Well anyway in the day its still a litlle cold and very sunny...boring ,we never get any weather changes:cool:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Very hot like all Christmases down here. About 30 degrees Celcius, roughly 80-something Fahrenheit. Been storming a lot lately with predictions that the drought might start to ease a little with all this storming and more consistent rain. The rain keeps missing the dams though which is a bit of a problem.

IndySeven

Yikes! Its freezing here today in Florida! It went down into the low 40's last night and right now we're in the high 40's. This is pretty cold weather for Floridians, but not really for me (since I moved to Florida from icy-cold Maryland 4 years ago).:)

Indyologist

It rained for a little while today, so the snow is going away-- yay! The weather here is supposed to be way above normal throughout January.

Indyologist

Geez, it's incredibly windy here today. Everyone's outdoor Christmas decorations will be everywhere tomorrow, I'm sure. Reindeer stuck in trees, deflated blow up Santas, lighted snowmen with their heads missing. Can you say "Christmas carnage?" :eek:

IndySeven

YIKES! Today South Florida is freezing! We went down into the high 20's last night and went up to only the high 40's today! :eek:

Indyologist

IndySeven said:
YIKES! Today South Florida is freezing! We went down into the high 20's last night and went up to only the high 40's today! :eek:

W:eek:AH! That sure is cold for you down in FL! It was freezing here last night in Buffalo, too. It's only in the 20s as we speak... err, type.