Indy 5 news 2017

seasider

It's too early to tell when Spielberg will plan to squeeze The Post into this schedule. We still have no idea how far along in the pre-production phase it is or if they even have a screenwriter hired. But I think this does bode well for Indy 5. Spielberg in my opinion, works best when he's constantly working on movies.

Finn

Staff member
Gonna be interesting to see if this causes a spike in new registrations to this joint.

:whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:
Shame... Shame... Shame...
I'm really sorry for my hudge mistake... I saw that "news" link on another movie forum, and I just forgot to check the year of the article...:eek:
I'll try to let this not happen again...

DeepSixFix

Stoo said:
You weren't even alive during the Reagan years. :rolleyes: That guy was an old coot (which was well known at the time because of his previous fame) and he was often mocked as a doddering fool...even with the Brylcreem in his hair.

If you want to champion the physical "capabilities of an elderly person", why compare Indiana Jones to U.S. presidents? It's stupid.
No reason to deride the person's comments as "stupid." No need to be rude.

Reagan *is* a good example. He was an outdoorsman who rode horses and knew his way around firearms. I was alive when Reagan was president, and I remember his opponents saying that age 70 was "too old" to be president. That was actually an issue. (They didn't know he would have Alzheimer's, they just believed that a person at 70, even fit and healthy, was too old for the job. You might have been one of them.)

Another presidential example is, of course, Teddy Roosevelt. An adventurer through and through up until his death.

Face_Melt

Harrison will do Indy 6 at age 79 for a 2021 debut of Raiders 40th anniversary.
Mark my words!

DeepSixFix said:
No reason to deride the person's comments as "stupid." No need to be rude.

Reagan *is* a good example. He was an outdoorsman who rode horses and knew his way around firearms. I was alive when Reagan was president, and I remember his opponents saying that age 70 was "too old" to be president. That was actually an issue. (They didn't know he would have Alzheimer's, they just believed that a person at 70, even fit and healthy, was too old for the job. You might have been one of them.)

Another presidential example is, of course, Teddy Roosevelt. An adventurer through and through up until his death.

Funny how times have changed. Trump is older then Reagan when he was inaugurated. Nobody said anything about his age. Honestly, people age differently than that generation. Hence why having a 77 year old Indiana Jones isn't that big of a deal. Hell, I'm a 26 year old pretty fit dude and I don't have any doubts about Harrison Ford being able to kick my ass.

Last edited by a moderator:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Face_Palm said:
Funny how times have changed. Trump is older then Reagan when he was inaugurated. Nobody said anything about his age. Honestly, people age differently than that generation. Hence why having a 77 year old Indiana Jones isn't that big of a deal. Hell, I'm a 26 year old pretty fit dude and I don't have any doubts about Harrison Ford being able to kick my ass.

Without getting too deeply into this, because it's my job to keep the peace here, and I don't want to make work for myself, that's just not true.

At any rate, just because Harrison Ford once played the president as an action hero, doesn't mean that presidents in general are a useful point of comparison.

DARTH ZOIDBERG

Face_Palm said:
Harrison will do Indy 6 at age 79 for a 2021 debut of Raiders 40th anniversary.
Mark my words!

well Trump eats fast food everyday he cant be healthy or Athletic I do Agree though 70 is the new 60 and so on so fourth. My parents are in there 60's but are nothing like my grandparents when they were in there 60's, my parents seem way younger. LOL at news outlets getting the Indy 5 release announcement just a little late, like a year late hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Face_Melt

Those articles are ridiculous. Trump and Clinton are too old for a second term? Trump will be 74 for his second term and Hilary would have been 73 in 2020.

Did everyone forget Bernie was 75 last year when running for president?

Let's at least link well written reputable articles here...

DeepSixFix

Logan?

I wonder if anything can be gleaned from the box office and critical success of "Logan," a film that has apparently borrowed from "Unforgiven." A world-weary Indiana Jones on one final mission. It would be a dark chapter, true, but one that could have Jones refusing to go quietly into the night.

Finn

Staff member
Moderator note

Looks like some people in here somehow missed the previous note, or are willfully ignoring it. While we're willing to give some leeway in this thread in regards to the topic of Mr. Ford's age and fitness, the age and fitness of US presidents, past, present or future, are severely off topic. At least in the confines of this thread. If you absolutely have to discuss this, head over to Open Discussion and create one for it. Just remember to be on the lookout for any coffee-deprived mods.

And, just so that we're all on the same page here...

That previous note was only step one.

Step two will involve deleting posts.

Step three will involve banning people.

Your move, gang.

Face_Melt

Finn said:
Looks like some people in here somehow missed the previous note, or are willfully ignoring it. While we're willing to give some leeway in this thread in regards to the topic of Mr. Ford's age and fitness, the age and fitness of US presidents, past, present or future, are severely off topic. At least in the confines of this thread. If you absolutely have to discuss this, head over to Open Discussion and create one for it. Just remember to be on the lookout for any coffee-deprived mods.

And, just so that we're all on the same page here...

That previous note was only step one.

Step two will involve deleting posts.

Step three will involve banning people.

Your move, gang.

That's a little extreme...but ok...

Some people are given way too much power.

Face_Melt

Does anybody know or have an idea of when filming will actually begin?
I heard some people say October or November of this year - is that too soon?
That would be amazing if true.

Udvarnoky

Spielberg has stated summer 2018, which definitely extrapolates from a summer 2019 release date.

In the fall, Koepp mused that he hoped filming would take place sometime this year, but there's no reason to think that will happen, and indeed Koepp is better off spending this year refining the script while Spielberg is off shooting the Oscar Isaac movie and the Pentagon Papers movie.

Face_Melt

Udvarnoky said:
Spielberg has stated summer 2018, which definitely extrapolates from a summer 2019 release date.

In the fall, Koepp mused that he hoped filming would take place sometime this year, but there's no reason to think that will happen, and indeed Koepp is better off spending this year refining the script while Spielberg goes off to shoot the Oscar Isaac movie and the Pentagon Papers movie.

Really wish it was this year! Best at least it's coming. :)

Dr.Sartorius

They're waiting till Ford is pushing 80. :rolleyes: Why couldn't Spielberg make Indy 5 before these two other movies? Age obviously isn't an issue because they're just going to reboot or have a sidekick replace him for Indy 6. :mad: