Indy Legos already out?

tnswman

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Thank you so much! You are a true Gent! I will do the same for you.

After looking today, I came up empty handed. That's all right. A little patience and with just ten dollars, we will finally have our little Lego Indy's!! :whip:

see, I know it is a $10 set but my Indy Collection needs will not allow me to see a set already and not buy it LOL!! That's why I'm offering $100 to anyone who can get me the new 7" Indy figure from disney when they 1st come out.

JimmyPSHayes

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Thank you so much! You are a true Gent! I will do the same for you.

After looking today, I came up empty handed. That's all right. A little patience and with just ten dollars, we will finally have our little Lego Indy's!! :whip:
I hunted almost all day today and didn't find squat. But, I'll hit some places tomorrow on the way to work and let you know if I find anything. I just wish I new where they found them. If it was at Walmart, I'd hit a bunch of those and the same for Target. This going to EVERY store really sucks.

Katarn07

I found Darth Maul on Speeder Bike at a Walgreens of all places almost a month before the Episode I figures were supposed to be released. The best part of it? It wouldn't ring up right, so the manager came out and sold it to us for $4.99. I probably could have sold that for at least $30-$50 but I didn't have eBay (or the internet) back then so I kept it for myself.

I think the people buying these things are dumber than the folks selling them. $80 for a $9.99 LEGO set? Ridiculous....

tnswman

Katarn07 said:
I found Darth Maul on Speeder Bike at a Walgreens of all places almost a month before the Episode I figures were supposed to be released. The best part of it? It wouldn't ring up right, so the manager came out and sold it to us for $4.99. I probably could have sold that for at least $30-$50 but I didn't have eBay (or the internet) back then so I kept it for myself.

I think the people buying these things are dumber than the folks selling them. $80 for a $9.99 LEGO set? Ridiculous....

Call me Dumb all you want but the reality is tha *** is My money and I know the truth is that I would waste Gas by looking for the set anyway.. Plus, Here is the kicker...I wanted it NOW!! guess waht, I will be putting it together in 3-4 days :) that's worth $40 to me ;) I will take you a pic of Indy if you want...hey, It will save you money that way ;)

JimmyPSHayes

Don't feel bad. I think we've all spent too much money on ebay for stuff. But like you said,it's what it's worth to each of us. I have a few toys on my shelf that I paid a lot of money for that I found later in clearance bins :eek:

tnswman

JimmyPSHayes said:
Don't feel bad. I think we've all spent too much money on ebay for stuff. But like you said,it's what it's worth to each of us. I have a few toys on my shelf that I paid a lot of money for that I found later in clearance bins :eek:

Oh, I do not feel bad at all :) I am tickled to death... I can start my New Indy shelves now...I am turning my 20'x20' star wars / Indiana Jones room into a Full fledged Indy room with all of the new items... The Centerpiece is my raiders poster which Harrison ford signed for me In North carolina while he was shooting the Fugative :) to me, the Lego shelves are going to be spectacular :)

I just really need that 7" disney figure ASAP... I LOVE IT!!

james2094

I emailed LEGO about the new Indy sets and received the following reply:

"The Indiana Jones playsets are not available in our current product selection. Although it may become available in the coming months, company policy prohibits the release of new product information prior to its launch date."

Im guessing stock has been released to stores and a few money hungry employees are selling them before the official release date next year.

indy34

I just checked it and a tonne more have come on and the first one is up to $81 what a bunch of idiots what is so good about owning it before any one else it's like when harry potter came out people lined up like 2 days before it came out can't they just wait that extra bit longer:confused:

JimmyPSHayes

I GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went to like 4 stores this morning and finally found a set at Toys R Us!!!!!
ChromiumBlue37-They only had one left, but a customer of mine works at that TRU, so I'll tell him to keep an eye open. I also called a couple of friends and told them and they're checking their stores in Downers Grove and St. Charles today. With any luck, we'll have you hooked up by the end of the week. I snapped a crappy phone picture of the tag on the shelf, but I can't seem to make it show up on the boards. :eek:

tnswman

indy34 said:
I just checked it and a tonne more have come on and the first one is up to $81 what a bunch of idiots what is so good about owning it before any one else it's like when harry potter came out people lined up like 2 days before it came out can't they just wait that extra bit longer:confused:

Becasue we can ;) That's pretty simple isn't it?

tnswman

JimmyPSHayes said:
I GOT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went to like 4 stores this morning and finally found a set at Toys R Us!!!!!
ChromiumBlue37-They only had one left, but a customer of mine works at that TRU, so I'll tell him to keep an eye open. I also called a couple of friends and told them and they're checking their stores in Downers Grove and St. Charles today. With any luck, we'll have you hooked up by the end of the week. I snapped a crappy phone picture of the tag on the shelf, but I can't seem to make it show up on the boards. :eek:

Yea, I found 2 more today in Johnson City, TN too. There were 4 total. The Army building of Lego Nazi begins :)

metalinvader

JimmyPSHayes said:

You found one?!?!?!??! Damnit,I'm heading out to check my local stores right now!!

ChromiumBlue37

JimmyPSHayes said:

All right, buddy! Good for you!! (y)

This is just SO exciting isn't it? The FIRST of a new line of Indiana Jones toys.
I am happy to be patient. Please, open yours up, enjoy it and give us a full review. Photograph the minifigs, if you can!

Thanks again, Jimmy!!

fixer79

JimmyPSHayes said:

Darnit, we need Toys R Us stores out here in Belgium! ;)
Congrats, Jimmy!

ChromiumBlue37

The Motorcycle Chase seems to be the very first set available. I wonder if they are SUPPOSED to be out yet? :confused:

At any any rate I am grabbing up 2! Can I get a set for you Fixer?

metalinvader

I just got back from hitting four stores in my area and nothing...(n)

Questions regarding this set..
Does it come with the whip?
Does Henry come with a book or is it just a lego piece painted to look like a diary?

Oh yeah,PICS please!:D

Katarn07

JimmyPSHayes said:

I've spent too much money on plenty of toys, but not to get them in advance. If I couldn't find them when originally available, that's when I used to go to toyshows, eBay, or Brian's Toys. To be honest, I don't do that kinda stuff anymore. If I can't find it, I can't find it. Obviously I'm not into collecting like I used to be when I was younger.

I've never come across that stuff I bought in clearance bins, but I have had Hasbro rerelease the item in new packaging (which I could care less what it comes in) so that stings a bit.

On topic, I did want at least this LEGO set. I'll check out my TRU when I have a chance and see what I can find.

EDIT - I didn't see Jimmy told his friends to check the one in Downers Grove. That's my TRU dammit! :p I'm sure they're gone if they were there, right?

JimmyPSHayes

Katarn07 said:
I've spent too much money on plenty of toys, but not to get them in advance. If I couldn't find them when originally available, that's when I used to go to toyshows, eBay, or Brian's Toys. To be honest, I don't do that kinda stuff anymore. If I can't find it, I can't find it. Obviously I'm not into collecting like I used to be when I was younger.

I've never come across that stuff I bought in clearance bins, but I have had Hasbro rerelease the item in new packaging (which I could care less what it comes in) so that stings a bit.

On topic, I did want at least this LEGO set. I'll check out my TRU when I have a chance and see what I can find.

EDIT - I didn't see Jimmy told his friends to check the one in Downers Grove. That's my TRU dammit! :p I'm sure they're gone if they were there, right?
I found them at the TRU on Butterfield. That's right down the road from the Comic Book store that I manage. The one next to the Best Buy. My friend is checking the one at 75th and Lemont on the south end of Downers. I'll give you a heads-up too if we find them. Man, it looks like there's a handful of us in the same area. Awesome.