Ray Winstone's character

Dr.Sartorius

The name of Ray Winstone's character in Indy 4 has potentially has been revealed through the LA Time's preview of Beowulf:

Winstone is actually 50 years old, but thanks to wizardry of motion capture technology, he and other main characters age onscreen from teenagers to 70-year-olds as the film progresses. "It's been a long time since I've looked 17 or 18 years old," Winstone said, on a call from the set of "Indiana Jones IV," in which he plays a character called "Mac." "But I looked back at pictures of myself then and it's weird how I look the same in the film as I did back then when I was a boxer."

Los Angeles Times

"Mac". Very interesting. I'm guessing he may not be playing a Russian now...

NileQT87

his look gave me an art weber vibe in the group picture, and he looked like a spaniard in the other one.

"mac"... it looks like we've got a name. he could either be a good guy or in the vein of donovan, then. with a name like "mac" i think it's the former.

i'm thinking cate blanchett and possibly andrew divoff might be our villains. divoff is probably the equivalent of dietrich, chattar lal and vogel.

Finn

Staff member
Interesting.

And oh yeah, before anybody starts playing stupid, let's clarify that those "aging with CGI" lines concern Beowulf, not IJ4, right?

seasider said:
Mac sounds more like a name for a sidekick than a villain. My guess is he's probably a good guy.

Well if they are going for a good CIA (which I thought impossible in hinsight of the cold war) he could be like a Felix Leiter for Indy.

joelwatts said:
Henry Jones Junior said:
Well if they are going for a good CIA (which I thought impossible in hindsight of the cold war)...
What do you mean by that?

umm not to go too political but the Americans CIA/FBI were not very good to it's own citizens and whatnot. I'm not saying that America was "evil" (what is evil afterall?) just that during McCarthyism and J Edgar Hoover's the goverment wasn't very "good".

AHegele said:
that didn't stop felix from 007 to be good during the cold war. its fiction.

Yeah I know but that was DURING the Cold War when people were afraid to challenege authority. What we know about that period now they were not fully aware of then.

joelwatts

Henry Jones Junior said:
joelwatts said:
umm not to go too political but the Americans CIA/FBI were not very good to it's own citizens and whatnot. I'm not saying that America was "evil" (what is evil afterall?) just that during McCarthyism and J Edgar Hoover's the goverment wasn't very "good".

Hoover was FBI. Completely different.

joelwatts

Henry Jones Junior said:
joelwatts said:

And, oh yeah, McCarthyism adversely affected the lives of about 40 people, many of whom history has shown to have actually been communist spies.

joelwatts

Dr.Sartorius said:
That's not true. How can you say the Red Scare only negatively affected the lives of 40 people? What about people like the Hollywood Ten? Elia Kazan?

Here's a list of more than 40 people who were blacklisted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_blacklist

I'm strictly speaking of people who's rights were violated by the U.S. GOVERNMENT, which was in response to the initial statement about the CIA being bad. Hollywood blacklisting was done by the movie studios. I'm not denying that being accused of communism didn't suck for a lot of people, but if you look at rights violation by the GOVERNMENT, it was very few people. And, like I said, many of those people were later proven to be spies for the Russians, so I don't have much sympathy for them.

Moedred said:
Here's a list of more than 140 convicted and likely traitors:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Americans_in_the_Venona_papers

Please describe each of these agendas.

It's all about getting your party in power. Getting America involved with conflicts they have no business being involved with (Vietnam) because... tada war is profitable. Now I won't get too far into what is going on today but let's just say current policy has "Beverly Hillbillies" intent.