What are KOTCS's best action scenes?

Silentrascal

There were ZERO action sequences in KOTCS that stood out in any way.

Warehouse escape in the beginning? - EHHHH
Motorcycle chase through the college campus? - YAWN
Jungle chase? - YAWN
Waterfall drops? - YAWN

If anything the 'best' action sequence in this mess of a picture was the area 51 escape in the beginning up to and NOT including the ridiculous nuclear blast survival in the fridge.

Uki

Honestly, I loved the whole thing, but I really dug the Nuking the Fridge scene. Totally Indy. :whip:

Uki said:
Honestly, I loved the whole thing, but I really dug the Nuking the Fridge scene. Totally Indy. :whip:

Uki said:
EXACTLY! I loved it.

Uki said:
Great article! I've said it before and I will say it until the day I die (though hopefully I'll have other things on my mind when that happens): I loved it!

Three consecutive and equally pointless posts saying the same equally pointless thing...

Haven't you anything to actually ADD to a given conversation or are you just gonna spin over that same crack in the vinyl ad nauseum?

graz

Isn't everyone endlessly repeating their opinions on this now? I haven't heard much new on either side really. Resident Alien, you and others don't like KOTCS and repeat the same reasons, I and some others liked it and have been saying why. No ones going to change their opinion and why should they?

If a guy loves it enough to shout it to the world, why is that worse than someone who doesn't like it going on a long rant as to why it is crap??

Why? Why? Why? :cool:

graz said:
Isn't everyone endlessly repeating their opinions on this now? I haven't heard much new on either side really. Resident Alien, you and others don't like KOTCS and repeat the same reasons, I and some others liked it and have been saying why. No ones going to change their opinion and why should they?

If a guy loves it enough to shout it to the world, why is that worse than someone who doesn't like it going on a long rant as to why it is crap??

Why? Why? Why? :cool:

Well see there's your mistake and you perfectly spelled it out for us.

Yes; I give reasons.

Instead of harping on time and again that "I loved it"

Frankly... who the hell cares if you loved it or hated it? It's about discussion. Saying "I loved it" is just a waste of hot air. You loved it? Good for you. If you can't verbalize why then your opinion ain't worth a damn.

Hell, it's not worth a damn to me regardless... but I may be more willing to read it and respond favorably if you or anyone else could hold a half-way decent DISCUSSION. Discussion... key word.

See?

Benraianajones

Jonesy9906753 said:
i sank in my seat each waterfall,it was definitley not comedy to me.

I have said before and I will again - I do like KOTCS - I thought it was good. It could have been "excellent" if done "properly" by my standards. Sadly form me it wasn't.

Concerning the waterfalls - I thought they were a waste of time. I admit first time I watched it- I did smirk at that bit. Simply at the concept of what was happening, and it reminded me of the scenario where Willie/Shorty/Indy fly over the cliff. However...once you have seen the 3 waterfalls part once - you've seen it, and I just think the whole scene seems like a few minutes filler - where nothing happens.

The waterfall scenes ok for a first time viewing and that is it. I always thought it'd have been better to have them fall down maybe 2 waterfalls, one slightly bigger than the other - but the last one was deadly, so they had to makea scramble for land. Give us some comedy - then drama.

Young Indy

The ant scene for me is the best action scene. I have seen the picture 11 times at the theater and it still gets me very excited. I love the brutal fight between Indy and Dovchenko. The whole setup with the Skull creating an arena to fight in was brilliant. I love Spalko's reaction to killing the first ant that bites her. The music is also very good especially toward the end of the fight with the Colonel when Indy kicks his butt. The ants entering Dovchenko's mouth is a great gross out moment and leads to him being carried into the ant mound. It such a feeling of the old serials to me that Indy is based off of. The ants carrying off Indy's hat is a classic Indy moment for me.

On a side note, my 2 other big Indy friends, who sometimes go with me to KOTCS, usually where fedoras. When the waterfalls third drop comes we all take our hats off like Indy before the drop. Love that part too.:hat:

graz

ResidentAlien said:
Well see there's your mistake and you perfectly spelled it out for us.

Yes; I give reasons.

Instead of harping on time and again that "I loved it"

Frankly... who the hell cares if you loved it or hated it? It's about discussion. Saying "I loved it" is just a waste of hot air. You loved it? Good for you. If you can't verbalize why then your opinion ain't worth a damn.

Hell, it's not worth a damn to me regardless... but I may be more willing to read it and respond favorably if you or anyone else could hold a half-way decent DISCUSSION. Discussion... key word.

See?

You're a very angry young man aren't you? If you're not interested in other peoples opinions, there isn't alot of scope for discussion really is there?

I don't understand why you seem to get sooooo worked up about everything really.

Cagefighterkip

one bit that stands out to me -- even though it is in the doomstown/hangar 51 bit -- when indy comes crashing through the glass and swings on the chain into the stomach of dovenkcho.

killer, classic indy.

RocketSledFight

Cagefighterkip said:
one bit that stands out to me -- even though it is in the doomstown/hangar 51 bit -- when indy comes crashing through the glass and swings on the chain into the stomach of dovenkcho.

killer, classic indy.

That part is ace. Love the momentum of that whole sequence.

The Man

RocketSledFight said:
That part is ace. Love the momentum of that whole sequence.

Notice how Dovchenko's accidental activation of the rocket-sled control panel is near-identical to a moment in Episode III's duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan?

Darth Vile

The Man said:
Notice how Dovchenko's accidental activation of the rocket-sled control panel is near-identical to a moment in Episode III's duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan?

I did... The ole' accidently lighting the rocket fuel/flicking the switch gag... It's in numerous James Bond movies as well...

Benraianajones

The accidently "lighting"/"activating" things theme is all over the place in books and movies isn't it. Cliched but generally accepted! We even have 2 instances in TOD! Willie and Shorty pressing that switch in the spike room!

Dr._Jones_Jr.

MaxPhactor23 said:
You mustn?t watch many action movies?

Actually I probably watch more than most people. I own every Segal,Van Damme,Norris,Arnold, and of course the coveted They Live. Just with that Indy battle they did nothing but punch eachother in the face back and forth.

Cagefighterkip

Dr._Jones_Jr. said:
Actually I probably watch more than most people. I own every Segal,Van Damme,Norris,Arnold, and of course the coveted They Live. Just with that Indy battle they did nothing but punch eachother in the face back and forth.

Segal?
RLLY??
huh; different strokes and all that i suppose

graz

Cagefighterkip said:
Segal?
RLLY??
huh; different strokes and all that i suppose

LOL! You have to admit there was nothing in Indy 4 to match Segals hilarious pat-a-cake fighting style that he has demonstrated in recent films! :D