LucasArts boss resigned/New CEO hired

tocksic

I don't know if this fits here - if not please move the thread. ;)

According to Kotaku LucasArts president Darrell Rodriguez has resigned his job. Also a few other members of LucasArts are quitting. There has been no statement about the reasons until now. As president Rodriguez surely was involved in the decisions that lead to the "Staff of Kings debacle". Let us hope his successor will be more passionate for Dr. Jones!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I wouldn't be so quick to hope...Rodriguez is, after all, the president under whom the Monkey Island Special Editions came to be as well. There's no knowing what this means for old LucasArts properties, Indy included.

tocksic

Attila the Professor said:
I wouldn't be so quick to hope...Rodriguez is, after all, the president under whom the Monkey Island Special Editions came to be as well. There's no knowing what this means for old LucasArts properties, Indy included.

MI:SE was great! But to be honest: if I had to choose between a FoA & LC remake or a GOOD next-gen Indy action game. I would take the new game. I LOVE FoA and LC, but I know them like the back of my hand.

The coolest thing would be an all new Indy point and click adventure. But that won't happen. (n)

The Tingler

tocksic said:
The coolest thing would be an all new Indy point and click adventure. But that won't happen. (n)

Don't be so quick to judge...

Although saying that, it all depends on the new management. Historically a change of leadership at LucasArts is met with loads of layoffs, cancellations, rehiring, and new directions.

Col. Jones

LucasArts Hires New CEO

Paul Meegan has been hired as the new chief executive officer of LucasArts. Meegan's career includes co-founding and being CEO of Epic Games China, and a senior executive for Ubisoft Shanghai, Ubisoft Montreal, and Jaleco Entertainment. He also founded Sinister Game in 1997, which was acquired by Ubisoft in 2000.

So, what do you think?

The Tingler

Why does Epic Games have a China branch? They only make, like, one game every three years.

I'm waiting for him to reveal his dastardly plans. And Max should have been President. Again.