Hollywood Homicide

ROTLA said:
I haven't seen the movie yet but some of the clips look good. As for a sequel, I'm not sure. I have heard there were some strained relations between Ford and Hartnett on the set. Don't know if it's true or not.

Here's a question: was Hartnett actually a decent actor in this one. Any other time I have seen him, including Pearl Harbor, I wasn't really impressed by his acting. He seemed like another cookie-cutter pretty boy that the movie execs figured they could stick in a film and have the young girls shell out bucks to see him (other examples: Leonardo DiCaprio and Keanu Reeves).

I shelled out bucks to see Harrison Ford, not Josh Hartnett. :p

Meh, he's ok.

Canyon said:
Hey Leia! Long time no post! :D

How are ya girl!? Glad to see you back. :)

Also glad you enjoyed Hollywood Homicide (it's not yet in theatres over here) :mad:

I'm doing great! :D Such a welcome reception! :p Aww, when does it come out where you are?

the Fiddler

Sorry guys, the movie was pretty crappy as a whole. The last 20 minutes almost made up for the lame rest of the film. Almost. Most reviews are probably favorable, because the last 20 min. does a pretty good job of helping your forget how lame every thing before that was. It's a movie that never really finds a niche. It tries to do every thing and never really succedes at any of them.

It did have some pretty classic stuff, but they often failed to use or finish really good stuff that they started.

Harnett's (sp?) perfomance was fairly weak, and HF seemed extremely tired and careless in many scenes. This compared to say... Last Crusade, where he's so into his role that it seems like even HE beleives he IS Indiana Jones. He just wasn't into it. At parts he was, but you could almost tell which scenes were shot together by how tired and careless/intense and into-it HF was.

I recomend, if you can, just watch the last 30 minutes. Your time will be much more well spent.

Canyon

Canyon said:
Hey Leia! Long time no post! :D

How are ya girl!? Glad to see you back. :)

Also glad you enjoyed Hollywood Homicide (it's not yet in theatres over here) :mad:

I'm doing great! :D Such a welcome reception! :p Aww, when does it come out where you are? [/B][/QUOTE]

I checked some dates on the internet and they're saying it won't be out in the UK until late August/early September
so as you can imagine, I'm thoroughly hacked off! :mad:

Indy Smith

the Fiddler said:
Sorry guys, the movie was pretty crappy as a whole. The last 20 minutes almost made up for the lame rest of the film. Almost. Most reviews are probably favorable, because the last 20 min. does a pretty good job of helping your forget how lame every thing before that was. It's a movie that never really finds a niche. It tries to do every thing and never really succedes at any of them.

It did have some pretty classic stuff, but they often failed to use or finish really good stuff that they started.

Harnett's (sp?) perfomance was fairly weak, and HF seemed extremely tired and careless in many scenes. This compared to say... Last Crusade, where he's so into his role that it seems like even HE beleives he IS Indiana Jones. He just wasn't into it. At parts he was, but you could almost tell which scenes were shot together by how tired and careless/intense and into-it HF was.

I recomend, if you can, just watch the last 30 minutes. Your time will be much more well spent.

BS! BS! Harrison Ford is the greatest actor of all time! Every film he has made is amazing. You're wrong.

swords

Ah, well anyway, I seen Hollywood Homicide and I have to say it is the best of the newer Ford films.

Spoilers...

''

''

''

''

I think the filmakers have reinvented the car chase, from convertieble to family van to bicycle to foot race, adding to it the stand out comedy and reversing the cliches in many cop buddy chases. An hilerius example, Ford demands a 300 + pound man his car and the man steps out ready to punch Ford. Awesome, never seen that yet.:D

Yes, and I think me and a few others were the only ones laughing in the theater, the jokes seemed to be flying over everyone...

Kumba

Hey, someone who saw the movie said there were references to Indy in HH. I didn't see any, but did any of you?

the Fiddler

Wow, that's really grown up of you guys.... Name calling! NOW you're getting somewhere.

I challenge you, when Hollywood Homicide comes out on video. Rent/buy it, watch Last Crusade. Or any of the Indy films. Then watch Hollywood Homicide. THEN tell me he did just as good a job in HH as he has with Indy.

If you'll re-read my above post, you'll also notice that I said, at parts he seemed tired, and not into it. Other parts (like the last 20 min.) he was very into it, and did a great job. That part was much more his style than the rest of the film.

I really like HF, and think he's a pretty good actor. But if he's the greatest, where are his Oscars? He's only even been nominated once. Now that's okay with me, I'd still rather have him as Indy than anyone else. I think there's something more personable about his acting than many of the 'greats.'

I appreciate the flaming, keep up the high-maturity level that's been maintained in this thread.

westford

Hollywood Homicide isn't out in the UK yet, but it's "coming soon". I'll try to find out when it's released (I'm working in a cinema over the summer. I might see if I can 'borrow' the big cardboard stand-up too... :p).

Canyon

I heard that it was coming out, either on the 26th July or 5th August, but that may have changed.

Kumba

Whoaaa, this is an OLD thread, but it brings back good memories...ahhhh, oh, btw, if you don't want to wait, get it off of KaZaA!!! hahahaha!

Canyon

Why on earth have people dissed this movie...

...I have just returned from the cinema and I loved the film! I thought it was absoutely fantastic! :D

How can anyone diss Harrison. Firstly, he was great in the movie, and you show me a someone of his age who can move as well as he can. As far as I know, he did most of his own stunts whilst making this film.

And girls, I'm telling you. Harrison looks absolutely wonderful *sigh* He's very handsome and looks great for someone in their 60's! :D

<small>Canyon wants to see the movie again, and no doubt will very soon...</small> :D

westford

I got a Hollywood Homicide promo poster from work yesterday - A1 sized, so I'll have to find some wall space for it... Would've picked up another for you Canyon, but I could only find the one... :( I'll keep an eye out though!

I

Indy's_main_man

I want people's views on this film because I thought it was very Funny. Ford proved he could work as a comedic actor and it even got two thumbs up from Ebert and Roper...so why did it bomb?!