Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

snake_surprise said:
I could not agree more. Lucas and his 'work' are both train wrecks now, especially compared to what SW and Indy used to be.

If people enjoyed Indy 4, good on them, but no way could someone feasibly tell me that that movie resembles anything Indiana Jones. I just wanted the film to feel like Indy, nothing more, and it came nowhere close. Sorry, getting Harrison Ford to play dress up does not cut it. What an awful, awful movie. Oh well, sorry to vent and get off topic...

Believe me, you're not alone in those sentiments. Many of us were excited beyond words to show up at the theatre at midnight and most of the fans walked out incredibly disappointed.

If Lucas keeps his nose out of the story for the game, I'll have faith. I have no more faith in Lucas at all. I thin he lost his miond years ago and he clearly could not care less about keeping the things that once made him wonderful sacred. I hope to God he doesn't make another Indy film and destroy the little good taste I have left of the first three.

Shortie

I think the reason Lucasarts delayed it because they didn't want 2 big games in one year. Though, Indy would of made more sense than TFU because of KOCS.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
A DS game? Sweet! I've actually got a DS. Certainly can't afford a PS3 or a 360. It would be soooo awesome if they did a PS2 version though. Not everyone can afford the new systems and if they really want to capitalise on a broad audience then release it on the PS2!!!

The Tingler

Shortie said:
I think the reason Lucasarts delayed it because they didn't want 2 big games in one year. Though, Indy would of made more sense than TFU because of KOCS.
While it is entirely possible that they didn't want to crowd Lego Indy, I think they're just struggling - especially after firing most of their staff.

And for you Violet Indy, it's amazing how many people haven't seen this video. It is coming out on PS2, as well as Wii (although not confirmed, I highly doubt LucasArts won't release a version for the world's most popular console), PSP, DS, and the proper LucasArts versions on 360 and PS3.

Last edited:

Lord_glavin

The Tingler said:
While it is entirely possible that they didn't want to crowd Lego Indy, I think they're just struggling - especially after firing most of their staff.

And for you Violet Indy, it's amazing how many people haven't seen this video. It is coming out on PS2, as well as Wii (although not confirmed, I highly doubt LucasArts won't release a version for the world's most popular console), PSP, DS, and the proper LucasArts versions on 360 and PS3.

I hate watching the E3 2006 videos, they're the biggest teases ever lol but I am definitely getting the 360 version and if the portable versions aren't crap, either the DS or PSP version

The Tingler

I know - can you count how many lies are in it?

"Euphoria and NaturalMotion are exclusive to us"
"We'll be back with more next year"
"Coming Summer 2007!"

The Tingler said:
I know - can you count how many lies are in it?

"Euphoria and NaturalMotion are exclusive to us"
"We'll be back with more next year"
"Coming Summer 2007!"

I had actually never seen that video before either, but I'm pretty sure I spotted one other lie: I think the PS2 version isn't going to happen. When there was an official website up for this game, they were only showing it coming out on the next gen systems. Which sucks, because I'm still stuck with a PS2 and no hopes of having the money for a next gen system anytime soon. :(

Lord_glavin

robisindy said:
I had actually never seen that video before either, but I'm pretty sure I spotted one other lie: I think the PS2 version isn't going to happen. When there was an official website up for this game, they were only showing it coming out on the next gen systems. Which sucks, because I'm still stuck with a PS2 and no hopes of having the money for a next gen system anytime soon. :(

there will be a ps2 version, it'll be very similar to the psp and Wii versions
of course, the only reason there wont be is because SONY wants to push the PS3 version more

The Tingler

robisindy said:

Don't worry, that website's only had the 360 and PS3 versions confirmed since 2006 - before that video came out! There is going to be a PS2 version.

The Tingler said:
Don't worry, that website's only had the 360 and PS3 versions confirmed since 2006 - before that video came out! There is going to be a PS2 version.

Well, I really hope so. If so, the only worry is that the PS2 version will be "but a shadowy reflection" of the better next gen versions. I can't wait to find out.

The Tingler

Hmm, well, that's something I can't promise. Historically, games created by other developers to be 'lesser' versions of next-gen games aren't as good, for the simple reason that they've had a shorter development time.

Lao_Che

The Tingler said:
Hmm, well, that's something I can't promise. Historically, games created by other developers to be 'lesser' versions of next-gen games aren't as good, for the simple reason that they've had a shorter development time.

But they have to load the future aswell. ;)

Shortie

I don't think so. Unless Lucasarts has another big game out next year.

Next year would be awesome year for games if it's released.
Indiana Jones
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Next Infinity Ward COD game
& hopefully Wolverine & Transformers 2 games. (They're official but I want them to be good)

IndyFan89

Shortie said:
I don't think so. Unless Lucasarts has another big game out next year.

Next year would be awesome year for games if it's released.
Indiana Jones
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Next Infinity Ward COD game
& hopefully Wolverine & Transformers 2 games. (They're official but I want them to be good)

And now Ghostbusters as it's been pushed back.

The Tingler

Whatever happens, I'm sure we'll have more information this year but the proper LucasArts-developed game won't be out until 2009. Hope for the handheld version though.

Dr.Sartorius

Maybe we'll find out by 2010 if there will be a quick save feature for the PC version. Oh, that's right there will be no PC version. :rolleyes:

San Holo

IndyFan89 said:
And now Ghostbusters as it's been pushed back.
I just saw on CNN that they are working on a Ghostbusters 3 movie-with the original cast(y) ..so it's very possible that the game won't be released until the film is in the can(n) .

DIrishB

San Holo said:
I just saw on CNN that they are working on a Ghostbusters 3 movie-with the original cast(y) ..so it's very possible that the game won't be released until the film is in the can(n) .

Take that news with a grain of salt...rumors of a third Ghostbusters have been circulating since 1989. Though maybe Indy's almost 20 year hiatus and successful return to theaters (box-office wise anyway) might have made studios a bit more open to such an idea. Though I think the studios always were...if I recall it was Bill Murray who was reluctant to return. Though I know he's back for the game, lending his voice, isn't he? So maybe he will come back after all...

Dr.Sartorius said:
Maybe we'll find out by 2010 if there will be a quick save feature for the PC version. Oh, that's right there will be no PC version.

There still may be. Even though it isn't announced yet, there could be a PC version released a year or so after the console's release. This is a common practice for a lot of console games, now. Not saying it will happen, but its still a possibility.

Lord_glavin

rumor from the gamestop expo that a new trailer for staff of kings is going to be released next week

And as one last bonus rumor, we have this tidbit that says that LucasArts will be unveiling the first trailer for their new Xbox 360 and PS3 Indiana Jones title sometime next week. The title, which will utilize the Star Wars: Force Unleashed engine, is set to be released in 2009.

source: 1up.com

hopefully they are right, I'm dieing for some news