$2000 figure with real human hair ... You have GOT to be kidding me....

ValenciaGrail

http://shop.indianajones.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=1221154;category_id=1209116;pcid1=;pcid2=

$2000 bucks? My first car didn't cost that much.....
Real Human Hair???? Is that supposed to persuade me to buy this?
Now THAT's a little creepy.....Harrison's, perhaps??? :D

I don't even want to ask what else is real on this thing....

Sounds like something Indy would have looted....

"There's only one place they can sell it...Indy geeks....I need $2000"

I think I'm happy with the 12" action figures... ;)
"They're nice pieces...."

Sideshow's Premium Format smokes that for about 1/10 the price. :gun:

imageload

ValenciaGrail

...and it doesn't even look like Harrison / Indy.

The cheaper Sideshow option Spalko just posted is a much closer resemblence....

|ZiR|

The Man said:
It sounds like something Jeffrey Dahmer would have made in his "spare" time.

Hahahaha. Oh, wow.

I have a question though: is using human hair in something always creepy, and therefore never a good idea?

mfisher

Yeah... those things have been previewed for some time.... and I just can't imagine dropping the cash on one of those.... I am MUCH happier knowing I have a Sideshow exclusive PF Indy on order... but to each his own I guess.. there are no doubt collectors out there that reserved these things...

The Man

|ZiR| said:
Hahahaha. Oh, wow.

I have a question though: is using human hair in something always creepy, and therefore never a good idea?

I don't really know, but it just sounds...unwholesome...

Oh, and it was only after typing Dahmer's name I remembered how obsessed he was with constructing a Palpatine throne. Yikes!!!

Agent Z

IF you guys are creeped out by real human hairs being used on this figure, bear in mind that many wigs are also made from real human hair. :p

That Sideshow version aside, it's apparent that the Ford look is notoriously hard to replicate.

ValenciaGrail

|ZiR| said:
Hahahaha. Oh, wow.

Yeah, I know some wigs and hair extenders are made from real hair.
But an action figure? That's just too "organic" for me.

I guess it's a case of "down and distance"....depends on the situation.

Blood is a very natural thing to give to the Red Cross, but I'm not going to wear a drop in a vial around my neck (a la Billy Bob Thornton & Angelina Jolie)

No Ticket

I wouldn't even buy that if it was Harrison Ford's hair on it. Which it's not. And they don't really say where the human hair is coming from. Better hope it's the head. :p

DocWhiskey

It'd be even creepier if it was Harrison's Hair circa 1981, and they used a drop of his blood to get the flesh tone right. But I digress....