Fave quote in Indiana Jones 4

Robyn

James said:
I love that quick little nod that Indy gives Mutt, just after they knock out Dovchenko in the truck. He's clearly pleased with the ass-whipping they have just handed out. :D

Not really a quote, but something I haven't seen mentioned before.

Yes there were quite a few great expressions in kotcs, I love when Indy takes control of the wheel and opens the door for Marion and Mutt and Marion slides through first and she gives him a look that says "you do still love me" and he gives her one back that says "yep"

James

ronicle said:
Yes there were quite a few great expressions in kotcs, I love when Indy takes control of the wheel and opens the door for Marion and Mutt and Marion slides through first and she gives him a look that says "you do still love me" and he gives her one back that says "yep"

I also like Mutt's reaction immediately after that, when he sees how easily Marion takes control of the truck. It's like he's realizing there really are things about his mom's past he doesn't know.

Robyn

James said:
I also like Mutt's reaction immediately after that, when he sees how easily Marion takes control of the truck. It's like he's realizing there really are things about his mom's past he doesn't know.

oh yeah he gives her more than one of those looks lol I thought the look mutt gave her when he noticed how she was grinning like a school girl at the "they weren't you honey" was hilarious!

EddyW

If the deliverance of the line wasn't so off (with the strange pause in between) my favorite quote would probably have been:"If you want to be a archeologist, get out of the library!".

wolfgang

I really didn't like Karen Allen too much in this one precisely because she wasn't Badass Marion, she was cute, silly, weak, in love school-girl Marion. But that's just like my opinion, man.

Robyn

wolfgang said:
she wasn't Badass Marion, she was cute, silly, weak, in love school-girl Marion. But that's just like my opinion, man.

Karen Allen is awesome! She wasn't as bad ass as she was in Raiders and she was sooo under used in kotcs and needed way more screen time but she did what she could with what she had.. certainly not weak (Marion- ""Get your hands off me you rotten, Rusky, SON OF A *****!.")

So she swooned a lot at Indy this time, that doesn't mean she's weak..

wolfgang

ronicle said:
Karen Allen is awesome! She wasn't as bad ass as she was in Raiders and she was sooo under used in kotcs and needed way more screen time but she did what she could with what she had.. certainly not weak (Marion- ""Get your hands off me you rotten, Rusky, SON OF A *****!.")

So she swooned a lot at Indy this time, that doesn't mean she's weak..

I don't know man. I mean, I love Marion and I also think that if Indy was ever to marry someone, she's defenitely his match. The "Get your hands off of me" line I found too much like "HEY! Remember??? I also said this in Raiders! Neat, huh?" I think they could do so much with her. She is smiling all the time. I was hyped when I knew she was in it, and then didn't care about her at all. One of the very very few flaws I see in the movie is every time she is on screen. The good news is she doesn't get much screen time, so its not like she ruined the film or anything. But to me it wasn't the same character at all!

Okay okay, people change overtime. Yeah, well, why in such a dull way? Why didn't she hit someone, kill someone or something?? It was more like "Hey, people like her, so if we can just show her face for a few moments..." She was kinda forced in there to please her fans, but do nothing else.

But again, that's just MY opinion. I love the fridge scene and I didn't love the tarzan scene, but it doesn't bother me the way it does other people (To me its like, whatever.). Its just a matter of how you look at things.

ok, I think trying to reproduce the raiders marion is a hard thing to do after all these years, i am so psyched that she came back into the series but i do believe that once the decision was made to have an offspring of indy in part 4 that marions role became more of the motherly figure and obviously parental role in the play of it all,which diluted her vigor a little from the character she was in raiders,yet i like her place as the mom and bride in kotcs, spielberg i believe wanted her role to be more involved and fiesty, but in a sense the whole genre of this style of filmmaking is to shoot and ask questions later,thats the way adventure serials are and thats how they should remain.

i got to say though my favorite quote is "joe college, hit him hard"

Last edited:

Robyn

wolfgang said:
I don't know man. I mean, I love Marion and I also think that if Indy was ever to marry someone, she's defenitely his match. The "Get your hands off of me" line I found too much like "HEY! Remember??? I also said this in Raiders! Neat, huh?" I think they could do so much with her. She is smiling all the time. I was hyped when I knew she was in it, and then didn't care about her at all. One of the very very few flaws I see in the movie is every time she is on screen. The good news is she doesn't get much screen time, so its not like she ruined the film or anything. But to me it wasn't the same character at all!

Okay okay, people change overtime. Yeah, well, why in such a dull way? Why didn't she hit someone, kill someone or something?? It was more like "Hey, people like her, so if we can just show her face for a few moments..." She was kinda forced in there to please her fans, but do nothing else.

But again, that's just MY opinion. I love the fridge scene and I didn't love the tarzan scene, but it doesn't bother me the way it does other people (To me its like, whatever.). Its just a matter of how you look at things.

Oh wow.. it's hard for me to see you say this but you're entitled to your opinion... She was the best part of the movie for me, I was so sad she didn't have way more screen time, I wanted her to punch someone too but she just didn't have enough to do, to me that's when the movie got good is when she came in!

wolfgang

ronicle said:
Oh wow.. it's hard for me to see you say this but you're entitled to your opinion... She was the best part of the movie for me, I was so sad she didn't have way more screen time, I wanted her to punch someone too but she just didn't have enough to do, to me that's when the movie got good is when she came in!

That's the thing!!! My opinion is kinda contradicting, because since I didn't like her much in the movie I'm glad she wasn't much time on screen. On the other hand, if they gave her more screen time, maybe she would have done something great!!! So I DO which they would have given her more screen time. Like you say, they should have given her more to do. I love Marion, and didn't like to see her being reduce the way I think they did. I suppose Karen did her best. Although, like ninepinejones stated, maybe her being a mom now made her a little more sensitive. Hmmm, I'll buy it. I'll watch the movie again with that on mind, maybe it won't bother me much. But still, being a mom didn't stop Sarah Connor from being a badass. Oh well...I'll see.

Robyn

wolfgang said:
That's the thing!!! My opinion is kinda contradicting, because since I didn't like her much in the movie I'm glad she wasn't much time on screen. On the other hand, if they gave her more screen time, maybe she would have done something great!!! So I DO which they would have given her more screen time. Like you say, they should have given her more to do. I love Marion, and didn't like to see her being reduce the way I think they did. I suppose Karen did her best. Although, like ninepinejones stated, maybe her being a mom now made her a little more sensitive. Hmmm, I'll buy it. I'll watch the movie again with that on mind, maybe it won't bother me much. But still, being a mom didn't stop Sarah Connor from being a badass. Oh well...I'll see.

I think you're just trying to say her talent was wasted, and it was, but she did what she could with what they gave her, I don't think being a mom really has so much to do with her being a bad ass, I'm still hoping for lots more screen time in Indy 5!! She was still awesome with what she did do in kotcs though(y)

wolfgang

ronicle said:
I think you're just trying to say her talent was wasted, and it was, but she did what she could with what they gave her, I don't think being a mom really has so much to do with her being a bad ass, I'm still hoping for lots more screen time in Indy 5!! She was still awesome with what she did do in kotcs though(y)

What I meant was, because she is a mom she is a little less badass. I think you got that. But anyway, yeah, I hope she turns into Rambo in Indy 5.

oki9Sedo

She had her moments!

"Get your hands off me you rotten Russkie son of a b*tch!"

Or that look she gives Spalko when she lands on her car. You know that its on.

James

There's also the fact that she could effortlessly take control of any vehicle in the convoy. This is not something you could expect from someone like Willie or Elsa, and revealed that Marion was still a worthy partner for Indiana Jones.

wolfgang

oki9Sedo said:
She had her moments!

"Get your hands off me you rotten Russkie son of a b*tch!"

Or that look she gives Spalko when she lands on her car. You know that its on.

I got the anticipation but it didn't pay off. By that part I was rooting for Spalko anyway.

wolfgang

YEAH! That one was so predictable but so awesome to see Indy say it. In fact me and a friend finished that line at the same time with INdy when he said it! It was sweet!