New Acquisitions!!

Jonesy

Unfortunately I couldn't get my computer to cooperate, but I picked up the Temple of Doom score album for three bucks from a local flea market.

Calo

Picked up the Indy novel that came out last year titled: Indiana Jones and the Army of the Dead.

I've heard mostly bad things about it, but you can't go wrong with another Indy novel I suppose.

Jonesy

Army of the Dead wasn't bad, I just thought it was slightly better than average fan fiction rather than a professional novel. Not that there's anything wrong with fan fiction, but I think the author didn't quite get the feel down and a lot of talented folks on the boards could do better.

Montana Smith

These guys! :D (Mini Pat Roach was the latest acquisition)

DSCN3822.jpg

Exulted Unicron

its been a while since I posted some indy collection pictures. So, here we go with a new batch. The first:

not exactly Indy, but Indy related. I went to a store in the UK called Weird Fish. The designer of all the shirts, Cookie was there and he was doing some custom made shirts, so I got this made up.

indy55.jpg

here's some tapes my grandad gave me

indy58.jpg

indy59.jpg

indy56.jpg

indy57.jpg

Montana Smith

ResidentAlien said:
You should really look into rewinding those...

It's not good for the tapes to let them sit half wound like that.

I never heard that before, but I did become paranoid about tapes stretching or crinkling. (One tape dealt a killing blow to my previous VCR).

Those old 'steam-powered DVDs' really look their age now. All those moving parts. Real Indy artifacts!

Montana Smith said:
I never heard that before, but I did become paranoid about tapes stretching or crinkling. (One tape dealt a killing blow to my previous VCR).

Those old 'steam-powered DVDs' really look their age now. All those moving parts. Real Indy artifacts!

What I've come to understand is just as you're prone to all that wear at the start of a tape, you'll get similar wear in the middle of the tape if you leave it unwound at that spot.

I think this calls for further research...

I did do an experiment for an experimental film class last semester where I tried my damndest to use a tape to its dying point in the hopes of artifacting and wear to comment on the ephemerality and obsolescence of both ideas and art.

Montana Smith

ResidentAlien said:
What I've come to understand is just as you're prone to all that wear at the start of a tape, you'll get similar wear in the middle of the tape if you leave it unwound at that spot.

I think this calls for further research...

You just got yourself a new project!

ResidentAlien said:
I did do an experiment for an experimental film class last semester where I tried my damndest to use a tape to its dying point in the hopes of artifacting and wear to comment on the ephemerality and obsolescence of both ideas and art.

Neat.

I remember back in the days before discs, it wasn't unusual to see yards of audio cassette tape tangled up in the hedges and bushes along the side of roads.

The invention of the shiny disc was a great leap forward: only one moving part. Like combining digital technology with a gramaphone record.

The Indy trilogy video set I picked up a while ago will remain as an unplayed, modern artifact.

Haven't found anything yet, but I did find a brilliant site on VHS loop experimentation.

It's funny, when I was researching VHS decay for that project, I found loads of sites. I'm having difficulty finding stuff now, for whatever reason.

....must be my queries.

Jonesy

Speaking of VHS tapes, the local discount store had a gold label Raiders tape for a dollar.

I've never seen one before, but the logo is in gold, along with the entire top panel. There's next to no writing anywhere else, except a 35th Anniversary Paramount logo in one corner.

Cool piece, but I couldn't get the picture to upload and couldn't find another picture online.

indyclone25

my newest iten is a pin from michigan ---i think it was for either the boys scouts of americar or a little league series in michigan--- it s a nice pin 2x2 inches in height and length
scan0009.jpg

Goonie

indyclone25 said:
my newest iten is a pin from michigan ---i think it was for either the boys scouts of americar or a little league series in michigan--- it s a nice pin 2x2 inches in height and length

Is there any info on the backstamp?