Need a photo of 1989 TLC standee

Thanks Junior. I should have been more specific.

North America standee (mostly white with IJ huge head shot to extreme right). But the UK one helps also :)

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
throwmetheidol said:
Thanks Junior. I should have been more specific.

North America standee (mostly white with IJ huge head shot to extreme right). But the UK one helps also :)

In what way? Is there a specific reason as to why you need this information?

I'm continuing to populate your museum database and have come upon the section for store displays and standees. I'd rather not have to assemble the larger ones just to photograph them and then have to disassemble. A little too time consuming if it can be avoided.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
throwmetheidol said:
I'm continuing to populate your museum database and have come upon the section for store displays and standees. I'd rather not have to assemble the larger ones just to photograph them and then have to disassemble. A little too time consuming if it can be avoided.

I'm going to make a guess that 'your museum' is a database programme so I would imagine that if someone, like myself, was to take the time and effort to provide images for this database you are willing to share the information?

I would be less inclinded to do this if there is no really incentive plus there is the chance they maybe damaged on erection. I suspect you would feel the same.

I've asked this question before but what's the the database to be used for. Is it for commerical purposes in same way Rancho Obi Wan is managed.

Also, in the past you refer to yourself as "we". Is the collection soley owned by yourself or is there more to it.

I understand Junior that you'll need to pass. I'm not looking to play 50 questions. So unless you'd like to reveal your real identity and other personal details about your life you'll understand that perhaps the rest of us also have a right to privacy.

So back to the question. Anybody have a photo of the assembled 1989 TLC US/Canadian standee?

indyclone25

omg , he was just asking for a picture , and you have to make a big deal about , do you want credit for everything?

sorry les , i looked on many spots on google , but couldn't find any photo.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
throwmetheidol said:
I understand Junior that you'll need to pass. I'm not looking to play 50 questions. So unless you'd like to reveal your real identity and other personal details about your life you'll understand that perhaps the rest of us also have a right to privacy.

Wasn't expecting that. That doesn't make any sense.

What privacy for yourself? You have promoted yourself as the single largest collector of Indiana Jones merchendise in the world since the inception of your website "throwmetheidol.com" in 2008.

Your website have given us a full blow by blow account of you building of the "The Ravenwood" and other details or your life. This includes a presence on Facebook.

You have used the website to make contacts to further enhance your image and collection and have your name thrown around the web as an oracle regarding Indiana Jones collecting.

Your are almost an Indiana Jones celebrity. So privacy for yourself, nah? I think the horse has certainly bolted on that.

Me? I've done none of the above other than to digitise my collection, share with those would value that resouce and take partake in my community. I take my privacy serious not because I have anything to hide but because of the factious nature of the internet.

The questions that I have asked you are fair and I imagine other would feel the same in wanting to know what you are going to do with that information. It'd called sharing information.

Seeing that you are the largest collector of Indiana Jones merchendise you seem to have little to offer in regards to information the subject.

So, what's the big secret? Why wouldn't you want to share information as if your claim about your collection is true this would benefit everyone in our community.

Last edited:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
indyclone25 said:
omg , he was just asking for a picture , and you have to make a big deal about , do you want credit for everything?

sorry les , i looked on many spots on google , but couldn't find any photo.

No. I'm not looking for credit. I am asking why? Where's the harm in that?

Junior...
You seem to ask a lot of question but always manage to veer away from answers. You hide behind sarcasm when it suits you and punish anyone that doesn't comply to your way of thinking with posts that are just short of attacks.

Let me put it plainly - it's none of your business. I've nothing to hide and I don't have any obligation to answer your questions. The many folks that have had reason to interact with me (or visit) surely have a different opinion than you concerning my character (and collection). It is here to be shared with ANYONE that wants to come visit. Which is well into the hundreds at this point.

So don't come after me (in your usual witch hunt way) and accuse me of anything. I'll be happy to report this to mod's as my thread was simple - can anyone help with the photo. You've turned it into something entirely different - again. So I'm asking you nicely - please stop posting in my posts if you have nothing to offer.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
throwmetheidol said:
Junior...
You seem to ask a lot of question but always manage to veer away from answers. You hide behind sarcasm when it suits you and punish anyone that doesn't comply to your way of thinking with posts that are just short of attacks.

Let me put it plainly - it's none of your business. I've nothing to hide and I don't have any obligation to answer your questions. The many folks that have had reason to interact with me (or visit) surely have a different opinion than you concerning my character (and collection). It is here to be shared with ANYONE that wants to come visit. Which is well into the hundreds at this point.

So don't come after me (in your usual witch hunt way) and accuse me of anything. I'll be happy to report this to mod's as my thread was simple - can anyone help with the photo. You've turned it into something entirely different - again. So I'm asking you nicely - please stop posting in my posts if you have nothing to offer.

No, I have asked you a set of legitimate questions regarding why you are making that request. Surely you would have expected that?

I didn't expect you to attack me so I answered in my usual way.

Unfortunately, that leads to other questions and if you feel that it is a "witch-hunt" then that must be your own paranoia. I'm just following the thread.

Let the mods deal with it.

So, following the thread...

Anyway, how does someone continue to finance a collection that size in being able to created a database to ask for images to be contributed?

Finn

Staff member
When a guy asks a question in the Internet, no one is obliged to answer. Therefore, there is no oligation to provide further detail when demanded. One is free to query, but no one is obliged to provide. Same goes with compensation. If none is promised, none should be expected and/or demanded. There is nothing wrong in asking for free stuff in the Internet.

To sum it up, if you don't like the question or the details provided or even the guy who asks it, ignore it all. Do not, NOT, under any circumstances try to tell the presenter that you think they're not playing fair. There are millions of interpretations on what is fair with immaterial goods. If it rubs against your personal moral code, that's all it does.

However, it should also be noted that it is in the best interests of the one presenting the question to provide as much detail as possible. It is one thing to ask for a photo for one's private amusement, another when the purpose is to build some kind of database or collection, especially if the intention is to promote ones existence at one point or another. In that case, one should be absolutely sure that all items in said database fall under the limits of fair use - because when stuff turns from private to promoted, all kinds of official legal stances start to matter.

With adequate detail known, the one who provides for the request does not just grab a random picture off the web, but knows to come up with one that was being released under Creative Commons or other license of such kind. Better the details, better the answer.

Of course, if no detail is provided, the provider is in no way responsible if the presenter gets flak later on for infringing fair use. So it is recommended to consider carefully how little or much detail one should provide.

That is all.

throwmetheidol said:
I'm continuing to populate our museum database and have come upon the section for store displays and standees. I'd rather not have to assemble the larger ones just to photograph them and then have to disassemble. A little too time consuming if it can be avoided.

Pretty sure that sums it up. I'm just trying to save time rather than assemble items we already own. We do not database items that aren't part of the museum.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Finn said:
When a guy asks a question in the Internet, no one is obliged to answer. Therefore, there is no oligation to provide further detail when demanded. One is free to query, but no one is obliged to provide. Same goes with compensation. If none is promised, none should be expected and/or demanded. There is nothing wrong in asking for free stuff in the Internet.

To sum it up, if you don't like the question or the details provided or even the guy who asks it, ignore it all. Do not, NOT, under any circumstances try to tell the presenter that you think they're not playing fair. There are millions of interpretations on what is fair with immaterial goods. If it rubs against your personal moral code, that's all it does.

However, it should also be noted that it is in the best interests of the one presenting the question to provide as much detail as possible. It is one thing to ask for a photo for one's private amusement, another when the purpose is to build some kind of database or collection, especially if the intention is to promote ones existence at one point or another. In that case, one should be absolutely sure that all items in said database fall under the limits of fair use - because when stuff turns from private to promoted, all kinds of official legal stances start to matter.

With adequate detail known, the one who provides for the request does not just grab a random picture off the web, but knows to come up with one that was being released under Creative Commons or other license of such kind. Better the details, better the answer.

Of course, if no detail is provided, the provider is in no way responsible if the presenter gets flak later on for infringing fair use. So it is recommended to consider carefully how little or much detail one should provide.

That is all.

This has nothing to with Fair Use this is simply about a member asking for help and another member asking why?

Once I realised a database is involved I wonder whether this is a commerical project or not. Nothing wrong in a commerical project however I do not wish to feather anyone nest who isn't prepared to give a bit.

Personally, I have no issue with the images being used elsewhere and it is nice when people give credit - (We all remember the Joblo/Stoo incident) however I find the reaction completely disproprotionate and somewhat defensive.

Last edited:

Finn

Staff member
JuniorJones said:
This has nothing to with Fair Use this is simply about a member asking for help and another member asking why?

Once I realised a database is involved I wonder whether this is a commerical project or not. Nothing wrong in a commerical project however I do not wish to feather anyone nest who isn't prepared to give a bit.

Personally, I have no issue with the images being used elsewhere and it is nice when people give credit - (We all remember the Joblo/Stoo incident) however I find the reaction completely disproprotionate and somewhat defensive.
You're not obliged to provide anything to him. And he is not obliged to give you any more details than he wants, even if you ask some. Which is something he told you.

So it's nothing given, nothing gained. You should both stop at that. If you think it's shady - fine. Don't help him. Same goes for everyone else. There's no point in playing a whistleblower either. If somebody wants to help him on his terms, let them. We're all adults here.

And as far as disproportionate reactions go, might I remind everyone that when we're not engaged in face-to-face exchanges, how you view certain responses is mostly up to your own interpretation. Maybe he was being defensive, maybe he didn't mean to be - and you only figured he was. Food for thought.

Personally though, I think the OP should just take the toils and take the shots himself, simply to make sure that he has every right to the material in his database. But if he wants the help, he is free to ask. And while he is - as stated - not obliged in any way to provide any more information than he has now, maybe he should consider it.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Finn said:
You're not obliged to provide anything to him. And he is not obliged to give you any more details than he wants, even if you ask some. Which is something he told you.

I'm not and he's not. I get that. I was just suprised with the reaction and as always like to know why. There's no obligation to respond but if you engage on a forum it should be expected that you can't control what is asked.

finn said:
So it's nothing given, nothing gained. You should both stop at that. If you think it's shady - fine. Don't help him. Same goes for everyone else. There's no point in playing a whistleblower either. If somebody wants to help him on his terms, let them.

Fair enough but personaly it's nice to know what your helping.

finn said:
We're all adults here.

I would dispute that on a few levels. However that is for another thread.

finn said:
.And as far as disproportionate reactions go, might I remind everyone that when we're not engaged in face-to-face exchanges, how you view certain responses is mostly up to your own interpretation. Maybe he was being defensive, maybe he didn't mean to be - and you only figured he was. Food for thought.

Agree. Just my opinion.

finn said:
Personally though, I think the OP should just take the toils and take the shots himself, simply to make sure that he has every right to the material in his database. But if he wants the help, he is free to ask. And while he is - as stated - not obliged in any way to provide any more information than he has now, maybe he should consider it.

It makes sense to give as much info as is relevant whether you like the questions or not as I imagine people would be more inclined to support such a project.

I totally agree with Finn and throwmetheidol.
I came here looking for items in the past and was made to feel like a selfish collector because I didnt say anything about myself.
Good luck in your quast Les

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
ROLLERBALL said:
I totally agree with Finn and throwmetheidol.
I came here looking for items in the past and was made to feel like a selfish collector because I didnt say anything about myself.
Good luck in your quast Les

Hello again. Rollerball!

I'm not quite sure you've read the above but if you feel like a "selfish collector" then I guess that something within yourself as I don't see anything on this board that has created that.

Also, as above, if you have any issues with any member please do a refferal to the mods.

Tank Driver

I have both the full display version that actually had shelves for VHS copies of Last Crusade along w/ some coupons. The other one I have is the countertop smaller display.

I can take of the pic of the latter display but the bigger one is boxed up right now....