Shia LaBeouf in Indy IV

James

San Holo said:
Dr. Jones is too much of a ladies man, not to have any offspring at age 60.

I don't think we need to bring that much realism into the series, though. Much like James Bond, audiences accept that Indy is a fantasy hero. He may get the girl, but they don't expect her (or any offspring) to return in the sequel.

And while fans may regard Dr. Jones as a ladies man, that's mainly based on everything BUT the actual trilogy. Hey, the guy passed out on Marion, then blew off Willie to go step on some bugs. (Of course, Shia could be playing Elsa's supernatural love child. Now that would be interesting to see.)

No, if anyone has left a trail of illegitimate kids around the world- it's probably Henry Sr. :whip:

I'm joking, but then, who knows? Maybe that old brother rumour actually had some credibility? It would certainly have one advantage in my book: A 20-year-old Jones would not automatically force the movie to be set in the 1950's.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
ElodieJones said:
I hope too that he will be his student !
Indy will be forced to carry him in his adventure.
And Indy will have a daughter from almost the same age of his student.
And maybe there will be something between her and his student that Indy don't like....

Just dreaming... :p

Funnily I was thinking the same...

Dr.Sartorius

ElodieJones said:
And maybe there will be something between her and his student that Indy don't like....

That sounds like something David Koepp would write. That's actually an interesting idea (if done in the right way). Good idea, Elodie.:)

fedoraboy

ElodieJones said:

Interesting idea, but I think this would take to much focus away from Indy and the adventure, with him trying to keep the randy kids from getting together...

Dr.Sartorius said:
That sounds like something David Koepp would write.

I agree, so am a bit worried...however, I still have faith in the berg, I'm sure anything that sounds trite on paper can still be made good if handled correctly...

Grant Lutjens

My personal view is that a Indy Jr. so-to-speak wouldnt be bad IF pulled off right.
It would be quite easy for them to turn the movie into a "Slap-happy idiocy spoof".
No offence. But i mean they could focus to much ,and make it like Naked gun ,or Hot shots (Sorry if you dont know them. Only referance i knew ).
As said above Daughter would be more intriguing..... Jones Jr.-Senior has already been done.

Dr.Sartorius

torao said:
Mmmmhhh. Who is that excellent source on INDY IV everyone seems to have? Now, also Kim Masters jumped on that bandwaggon first started by Drew Mc Weeny and Devin Faraci.
Thus Master's little write up isn't actually confirming that piece of news any more than chud's or aicn's previous reports.

By the way: Kim's not exactly qualifying as a voice worth listening to in the next few months with that sloppy piece...

Is this a new development? I won't believe anything until they make an offical announcement.

Finn

Staff member
Son this son that... but... what if LaBeouf's in (IF he's in) to pull a River Phoenix?

Who knows?

misnomer

a number of sites (iesb.net for one) are reporting that shia is now in final talks to play indy's son. Although, theres been no offical confirmation from paramount or lucasfilm.....

I guess Ill have to live with indy having a son in this. I suppose if it's done right, it wont be too bad.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
I agree with Finn.
I think that the SON-thing is merely a connection made up or inserted by those reporting on the situation.

For me the first sources responsible for the rumor are aicn, chud and slate, leading the story back to their probably individual super primary sources close to the project (and LaBeouf himself).
In the case of Variety, though, I haven't seen or read any indication on who their source is....maybe the same "close person" that has leaked something befor...maybe someone else...

I think that in the approaching months and news we should focus on the primary sources. IESB for example, as a number of other news multiples (if that's the right word) are solely mirroring the variety story.

kongisking

Sankara is right.

Sankara is right. It would be a bad idea to have and Indy son, because, well, it just will seem silly, confusing, convenient, sentimental...so many bad things can go wrong with an Indy kid. And LeBouf? WHAT???

Why not get someone who actually can pull off a role of this kind, considering Lucas and Spielberg are even seriously considering Indy's son? :confused:

And Episode 1, I think, failed in the end because of the ridiculous notion of a KID destroying an entire space station by himself and defeating the Trade Federation. Too preposterous to believe. (n) (n) (n)

(Oh, and Jar Jar was annoying and childish as well...)

But back to Indy's kid. I don't think this movie needs a son for Indy. Jones is not the kind of person to settle down and make some babies. :cool: He has a rather bad history with hooking up with woman and then breaking up before the beginning of every new movie. :confused:

Instead of an Indy son, Spielberg should use his time bringing back an adult Shorty for a small cameo (y) and having Belloq's adult son trying to get revenge on Indy and trying to get the (insert McGuffin name here). (y)

James

I do find it odd that no one seems capable of getting an official confirmation about this. Variety's big story (that he "may" be Indy's son) is no more concrete than last week's rumours.

Personally, I didn't think the son angle was very satisfying in Superman Returns, and I have similar concerns about it being used here. Much like Superman, Indy is not really a character I want to see dealing with a paternity claim. :rolleyes:

Baron Brunwald

Grizzlor said:
I also am not a fan of Indy having a son. Will this be Last Crusade in reverse?

Now that you bring it up like that, its actually a horrible idea. Hopefully he's just an older Short Round type of character or something.