Lucas on the set

Indy1986

I was wondering if George Lukas will be on the set during all the shooting.
On the making ofs of the old movies you sometimes see him on the set.
Since he is not only producer but also the creator of the story he actually should be on the set the whole time. Does he assist Spielberg?Or does he let Spielberg all the space and freedom he wants when it comes to shoot a scene.
I actuallt hope George will be on the set.

fedoraboy

He was asked recently in an IV whether he will be on set everyday and he said something along the lines of 'hell no' (can't remember the source) so I suppose he'll just be popping up when he can be bothered...

Zorg

Didn't Lucas even do some second unit shooting on some previous Indy film? (Maybe it was Raiders).

I doubt he'd do that this time around though. But I bet he'll be hangin' around, no matter what he says in the public. :)

Shortie

Probably but not as much as Crusade. He seems to be one of the head guys on the SW cartoon show which (hopefully) premeires in 2008 too.

oki9Sedo

Well he is the creator of Indiana Jones, so I'd imagine he'd have a say in things on set.

"I'm going to continue to do things the way I think they should be done!" (violently kisses Spielberg)
"How dare you kiss me!"
(violently kisses Lucas)

loganbush

"I'm going to continue to do things the way I think they should be done!" (violently kisses Spielberg)
"How dare you kiss me!"
(violently kisses Lucas)"

BARF :sick:

MsIndy07

Yeah that is a pretty gross visual, thanks so much!

I think he will have some say, but he won't be there so much, he will be behind the scenes more so editing or whatever he does. Spielberg will be there everyday directing, and we can all kinda rest assured that with him behind the lenz, we're gonna get a fantastic movie!! :D

ElodieJones

I don't think he will be on set all the time.
In fact I don't care, he can be on set all the time if he want.
But he must let Steven Spielberg doing the movie like he want to!
And don't influence anything...;)

oki9Sedo

Baron Brunwald said:
I think the GL will be on set at least 50% of the time because he doesn't really have anything else to do.

Thats true. I'm sure he'll be on set alot.

First and foremost he's the creator of Indiana Jones, and second of all I can't think of anything else he has to do. I know he's developing two Star Wars TV shows, but I'd say that mostly involves teams working under him doing all of the work, coming to him, and him either going "Good" or "Nyah".

MsIndy07

No doubt he will be there making sure the set and props and that the overall vision is the way he likes it, but I am sure that SS will be doing ALL the direction. As much as I appreciate GL's movies, his brilliant vision of story, he is just not the director that SS is. And I think he knows it, so with that said I think he will be on set for visuals only, and SS will be there 100% to make sure that the directing is superb....Oh I can't wait for this movie!!!! :whip:

Zorg

MsIndy07 said:
As much as I appreciate GL's movies, his brilliant vision of story, he is just not the director that SS is. And I think he knows it

Yes, and Lucas trusts and respects Spielberg enough to let him handle the directing. The director is the boss on the set.

Indy1986

So as we can see in the clip Lucas is on set in New Mexiko.
I guss he will be quite often around .....even in New Heaven

Indy 4 might be the last major movie that Lucas will ever be a part of now that Star Wars is over so I imagine he would want to be there as much as possible. THX-1138, American Graffiti, Star Wars and Indiana Jones, thats pretty much everything of merit he has ever done and Indiana Jones 4 is all there is really left for him to do.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
"I feel like a looser but I can't stop doing it"...
That's what the guy behind the camera says, and it's exactly what I thought watching this awkward little privacy invading clip of George Lucas...
well.....getting some food....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E01QK9mQKwk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E01QK9mQKwk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>