Dead Snow

Indy's brother

Be still my heart! A film about: Frozen. Nazi. Zombies. A foreign film about a ski trip gone awry. The trailer includes, among other things, an Indiana Jones quote, and (seemingly) an homage to the Evil Dead franchise.

deadsnow_filmstill6.jpg

deadsnow2.jpg

trailer

Indy's brother

The blood drenched babes of Dead Snow get in the "spirit" of the film for their cover of Spirit Magazine.

dodsno_03.jpg

More great shots:

dead_snow_movie_image__7_.jpg

DeadSnow560.jpg

dead_snow_movie_image__5_.jpg

A link to SEVEN CLIPS! Clip 7, uh, only if you don't mind an incredibly gory joke.

Montana Smith

At 32 minutes there's an Indiana Jones reference. Upon opening a wooden box full of gold a character says in English (this being a Norwegian film):

"Fortune and glory, kid!"

Calo

Oh wow, this reminds me of that "Nazi Zombies" game mode from that one Call of Duty game that came out in '08.:p

Is there an English dub to this film? I'd like to rent this sometime.

Major Eaton

Calo said:
Oh wow, this reminds me of that "Nazi Zombies" game mode from that one Call of Duty game that came out in '08.:p

That would be Call of Duty: World at War. And I agree with you on some of the Zombie similarities.:eek:

Calo said:
Is there an English dub to this film? I'd like to rent this sometime.

Good question. I'd be interested too. Montana's posts and mini-impressions have caught my interest as well. It appears to be English subtitles only where I am, retail wise. I could settle.:D

Montana Smith

Major Eaton said:
Good question. I'd be interested too. Montana's posts and mini-impressions have caught my interest as well. It appears to be English subtitles only where I am, retail wise. I could settle.:D

There's no English dub on the DVD, but I prefer to watch foreign movies with subtitles and the original language. The characters speak bits of English every now and then, as with the Indy quote.

Dead Snow is like a brutal combination of The Fog and Shaun of the Dead. It's bloody, gory and blackly funny.

The SS-Totenkopf Einsatzgruppe are fast zombies, rather than shamblers, so they'll run into combat, or chase down victims.

I loved the movie - it was even better than I'd hoped for.

Major Eaton

Montana Smith said:
There's no English dub on the DVD, but I prefer to watch foreign movies with subtitles and the original language.

I agree. After watching some of the trailers and footage from a previous post, I'm only interested in the original languauge with the subtitles.:D

Montana Smith said:
I loved the movie - it was even better than I'd hoped for.

Awesome.(y)

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
ONE OF THE BEST 25 ZOMBIE MOVIES OF ALL TIME

It's on Netflix Instant...subtitled.

After watching it, I'm still 'stoked'

There were some laugh out loud moments, and I liked The World According to Garp take on 'man bites dog'.

Dr. Gonzo

I just watched it.

I liked the irony of "There is no good joke with out poop, pee and semen" flash forward to the movie buff guy and the girl having sex in the out-house then when the movie buff leaves the out house the girl is taking a dump and gets dragged down into the poop and pee by a Nazi-zombie.

Calo

I finally saw it.

Loved it, the movie felt like a bit of a more serious Shaun of the Dead.

I lol'd when the Molotov cocktail was thrown at the side of the wall, instead of out the window.