The Last Crusade and Immortality...

This may sound like a newbie question, but I have a question about the Last Crusade. Does Indy and his dad remain immortal after crossing the shield at the end of the movie? Because I figured if they do remain immortal, than any adventure after that would seem somewhat pointless if he can't be killed thus the danger is removed.

(Of course, it'd probably was explained in the books and Yound Indy, but I've never seen it.)

Indycrusader

No, remember the knight said not to take the grail past the seal? I would think that the immortality didn't work past the seal either. Because rememeber the knight's brothers wandered out of the desert two hundred years later (or something like that) and died of extreme old age. I figure that once they passed the seal, the aging process started again, and once they got out of the desert, they died. So it didn't work on Indy and his dad but a few minutes before the aging process started again.

That's the conclusion I came to. I had to watch the movie twice before I understood that part. It had me really confused when I first saw it. :)

Indycrusader

Oh, and welcome to The Raven, LS. I only have about 80 posts, not much compared to some people, but I've found this place to be the greatest compared to some message boards I've visited. You picked a great place to be a member of. Glad you could join us. ;)

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Attila the Professor said:
Somebody said it once, and it's really true...we need to have an FAQ on this topic.

Anyway, welcome to the Raven, my friend.
If you want to start one for the up-and-coming NEW Raven Bar you are welcome to do one!:)

Welcome to the Raven, LaughingSombrero, if you have any questions or issues please feel free to contact me or another member of the Raven staff.

Canyon

Welcome LaughingSombrero! :D

I believe the Grail Knight's words on the subject were:

"But the Grail cannot pass beyond the great seal. That is the boundary and the price of immortality."

Ooh, I just love quoting... ;)

Welcome once again my friend! :)