Guilty pleasures

I like all of those really dorky-but-hilarious old Steve Martin movies- the Three Amigos, gotta love that. Also Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

Another guilty pleasure: Romeo and Juliet. Not the Leo one, but the 1960s one. We watched that last year in English, and I go to an allgirls school, and you can just imagine how romantic this movie was to all of us. Sigh.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Renderking Fisk

Could you name the movies of this serise so I can find them on Amazon?

It's Dean Martin doing his best to be an American Bond, for lack of a more precise description. Only there is a LOT more comedy.

Murder's Row, The Ambushers, The Silencers, The Wrecking Crew.....

Joe Brody

Mr. Fisk,

Here's the Amazon link for 'Murder by Death':

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...16490/sr=11-1/ref=sr_11_1/102-8741902-2052947

All of the dialog I quoted above is from 'Murder by Death' a Neil Simon spoof on the great detectives. Story in a nut-shell, all of the great detectives are invited for the weekend to solve a murder at the remote mansion of the eccentric Lionel Twain (Truman Capote). All the detectives are spoofs of the greats: Agatha' Christie's Miss Marple and Hercule Periot (sp?), the Thin Man, Charlie Chan, and Bogart's Sam Spade/Philp Marlowe characters.

Indygirl21,

I hear on on the original Romeo & Juliet, but you don't go 'sigh' over the scene with Romeo meets Juliet in the Leo version???? -- and how about the soundtrack for the Leo version?

Yolegoman

I'm glad there is a forum I can retreat to that isn't flooded with Matrix posts. *Rolls Eyes*

Yolegoman

Joe Brody

Fred Ward

I've never seen Remo Williams - but if we're talking Fred Ward, I'll admit that Tremors is a lot of fun, but my favorite is 'Miami Blues'. 'Miami Blues' is one of the better straight sociopath movies from the '90's and I always get a kick out of Alec Baldwin's performance.