USA Weekend interview

Perhilion

So my newspaper gets these USA today inserts every Sunday, and the one today said it had an exclusive interview and poster. So I flipped through it, read the interview (nothing new) and then turned the page to the exclusive poster- and the entire thing is taken up with a picture of Shia as Mutt combing his greasy hair!!! Indy is nowhere to be found!!! BULLSHI*!:mad:

The Man

Perhilion said:
Nothing! The only Indy was the title 'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" at the top.

This kind of exclusive advertising only hurts LaBeouf. People hate him less than all this inappropriate centre-staging. Know your place, young Shia. It's all very silly.

JerryKing

and the entire thing is taken up with a picture of Shia as Mutt combing his greasy hair!!! Indy is nowhere to be found!!! BULLSHI*!

Oh, better get used to it. He is being force-fed as the future replacement for Ford without any attempts to even conceal it now...

lapoofqc7.gif

The Man

JerryKing said:
and the entire thing is taken up with a picture of Shia as Mutt combing his greasy hair!!! Indy is nowhere to be found!!! BULLSHI*!

Oh, better get used to it. He is being force-fed as the future replacement for Ford without any attempts to even conceal it now...

lapoofqc7.gif

Ahh, so now we know what the Paramount logo fades into. Good work, J.

sandiegojones

You know, I love how people blame Lucas for stuff and throw stones his way, but Shia was Spielberg's idea since he produced Transformers. I like Shia personally, but for those who want to hate, keep that in mind. These films are a collaborative effort and the blame can go 3 ways.

Jr_1981

I don't have a problem with Shia taking center stage. I'm pretty sure Sean Connery was heavily hyped before LC came out, and Ford was still the focus of that film.

Salacious

I still wish Shia wasnt in this movie...not so much Shia, but the character that he plays. I just think the focus should have been totally on Ford and the female interest. Just like Raiders. And it brings it full circle that way.

But no...instead of having an "edge" to the movie, we'll probably have goofy humour all around like in Last Crusade. Ugh.

crowmagnumman

I think at this point Lebouf is the only thing that can ruin the movie for me. Lucas isn't directing and he isn't writing the script. Spielberg's direction will be great. I can live with aliens and Indy surviving a nuke in a fridge, but Lebouf is the only thing that I can't get over about this movie.

DarthLowBudget

Excuse me for asking this, because it may make me seem crazy, but in what way does the lack of a character like Shia's guarantee some sort of "edge", and how does the presence of a character like his guarantee the lack of this same "edge"? Inquiring minds want to know.

The Drifter

Would be so cool in the movie if when Indy first meets Mutt. Mutt thought he could act bad around Indy, and be a smart-a**, and we see Indy knock him flat on his back, bringing Mutt to his senses!

I would love it!

Last edited:

oki9Sedo

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Would be so cool in the movie if when Indy first meets Mutt. Mutt thought he could act bad around Indy, and be a smart-a**, and we see Indy knock him flat on his back, bringing Mutt to his senses!

I would love!

That would be very unlike Indy.

He'd put on an expression or make a dry remark if somebody was trying to show off and act tough when they weren't, or he'd just ignore it because he wouldn't care.

The Drifter

oki9Sedo said:

He'd put on an expression or make a dry remark if somebody was trying to show off and act tough when they weren't, or he'd just ignore it because he wouldn't care.

I could invision Indy doing that.
I mean, what if Mutt was putting him down over his age, and had total disrespect for him at the begining?

The Man

Reports have suggested that Indy ups the sarcasm in response to Mutt's unfortunate posing. Good call, I say. Sad it would be to see Indy lowering himself to slapping teenagers around. Spalko could give the Muttster a sword-shaped clip round the ear, though.

Nurhachi1991

Jr_1981 said:
I don't have a problem with Shia taking center stage. I'm pretty sure Sean Connery was heavily hyped before LC came out, and Ford was still the focus of that film.

Yeah but Sean Connery DESERVES it!!!!!!!!!! Shia does not he doesn't even deserve this role

Nurhachi1991

oki9Sedo said:

Don't be so sure remember what Indy did to Short Round......................

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i9jBiosg1x4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i9jBiosg1x4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Some say it was the Black Sleep of Kali but I think Indy wanted revenge for the card game