Teaser Poster on official site

DaveTheHutt

Well, it's up - what do we think?

I like the fact that stylistically it feels like what's gone before. It's a little unexciting, but hey, it *IS* just a teaser.

Lon

It reminds me of the Temple of Doom poster of him standing in the doorway. I like the Crystal Skull poster. And finally we get an image of Harrison at his current age.

DaveTheHutt

Yeah, it's *very* reminiscent of the TOD poster - which has always been one of my favourites, so I'm cool with that! =)

Blue Jay

very cool :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:

although i find that the brim of the fedora looks too small, the rest is great though :gun:

i esspecially like the way indiana jones (the written text) looks, it is the same we have known for years but it looks somehow different, i think it is the colors

fixer79

Gee, I don't know...
For a teaser poster, I think it's a bit too detail-heavy with all the patterns all over the place...
It's basicall the ToD poster with more textures...

It could've been a great base for the 'normal' poster, but then it lacks supporting characters or action scenes like on the other Indy posters (and most of the 'old' action/adventure films)...

Maybe I have to get use to it...But I'm not at all blown away by it.
Darn!

TheLastCrusader

Love it!!! Just plain awesome!
Indy4teaser.jpg

Not bad. The hat's a bit short, and he looks a bit young...

...but not bad at all.

It sort of reminds me of a crazy cross between the Temple archway poster and the FOA poster. ....which is a good thing.

...just noticed... there's a mini skull in the big skull's nose. Not that that's important really... but yeah... it's there.

...oh, and the skull looks quite alien too, don'tcha think? Nice big eyes, short face, large grin...

Last edited:

Finn

Staff member
Certainly very old school. Fits easily alongside the posters of the previous three. Kinda gives us hope they're not trying to play around with the current mood of Hollywood but are using the same textures they did two decades ago.

Hi guys,

Am I the only one who dislikes the change of the Indiana Jones letters?

It now kinda looks like the poster was drawn by somebody who didn't know the actual letters. Or that when they added the Indy logo, they couldn't find the 'real' one.:p

Lon

It also all but confirms a certain rumor. Look at the large skull in the background. The eyeholes and shape of the skull subtley looks like the "traditional" _____ head.

Since this isn't the spoiler thread I'm trying not to give away the rumor to those who don't know it.

Citizen_Kane said:
Hi guys,

Am I the only one who dislikes the change of the Indiana Jones letters?

It now kinda looks like the poster was drawn by somebody who didn't know the actual letters. Or that when they added the Indy logo, they couldn't find the 'real' one.:p

Compare the letters from the opening of Temple to the letters in Last Crusade and then finally back to the letters in Raiders...

...notice anything?

Yes. They've never been consistent.

Miss_Jones

It does remind me a bit of the Temple teaser poster with Indy standing in a doorway of some sort. I like! :) But I hope they will release a more detailed poster as the opening date draws close. And now the trailer please|;)

ResidentAlien said:
Compare the letters from the opening of Temple to the letters in Last Crusade and then finally back to the letters in Raiders...

...notice anything?

Yes. They've never been consistent.

I know there are differences, but I'm talking about the 'famous' Indy logo:

logos.jpg

and the new teaser poster doesn't have that famous logo:mad: :p

Sankara said:
As you all know: I've got many-many Indiana Jones-Poster. But this one looks very cheap.

I'm sad...

:(

and I also think it looks cheap

Katarn07

People are already complaining, but it certainly beats a hat and a whip which is honestly all I thought we'd get for the first poster. I can't wait to see the real poster with all the characters on it :D

trippweeder

It's spooky - and that's a good thing. I'd love to see a TOD vibe run throughout Indy 4. After all, Raiders and Crusade are natural companion pieces, so TOD could use a brother.

Citizen_Kane said:
I know there are differences, but I'm talking about the 'famous' Indy logo:

logos.jpg

and the new teaser poster doesn't have that famous logo:mad: :p

and I also think it looks cheap

And note the "famous Indy logo" only came into being with Last Crusade. A little change ain't bad... especially since the logo's only ever been consistent in the expanded universe.