LEGO Indiana Jones - 1 or 2?

Which game is best?

• They are both bad games.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Colonel Corey

So I've been playing the LEGO Indiana Jones games lately and have found theme pretty fun. But then I started asking myself someting.

Which game is better?

LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures

header.jpg

OR

custom_1253727559278_LEGO_INDY.jpg

LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues

Now since I have always liked the original trilogy better anyway, I'm going to have to say 1. To me the sequel was just... I don't know, so short. The levels didn't last long at all. This game makes the originals look lame. The story was way way different. The thing that I do like about 2 though was the neat level builder. That was really cool. :D

Anyway though, what is your favorite?

Henry W Jones

1 for story and 2 for game setup on hub. I am also happy pt2 decided to unlink the screens when you get too far from one another on 2 players. These are games my fiance will play with me and the screen split was a welcome improvement.

russds

pt1 seems a little more linear to me, which I like. I don't like the whip target thing in pt2. I do like the split screen thing in pt2. Ultimately I think pt1 felt more Indy because it stuck more closely to the movies, pt2 seemed like they were just trying to make another game, and therefore added all kinds of extra stuff that wasn't in the movies.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
The second game has a couple things to recommend it. It has "hub" screens for each of the trilogy films and for each third of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull with various interactive elements and every locale from the given film/film portion. So those are fun and very charming. The chase sequences are handled better than in the first game as well; the second game seems to have benefited from advances in how the Lego games handle vehicles. It also includes the rare-for-gaming SS Coronado scene.

That said, the first game is superior, with longer levels that do a better job of A) being comprehensive & B) offer considerably more gameplay variety. It's a more sustained experience.

russds

Attila the Professor said:
The second game has a couple things to recommend it. It has "hub" screens for each of the trilogy films and for each third of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull with various interactive elements and every locale from the given film/film portion. So those are fun and very charming. The chase sequences are handled better than in the first game as well; the second game seems to have benefited from advances in how the Lego games handle vehicles. It also includes the rare-for-gaming SS Coronado scene.

That said, the first game is superior, with longer levels that do a better job of A) being comprehensive & B) offer considerably more gameplay variety. It's a more sustained experience.

Well said. I forgot that yes, the vehicle handling is better in pt2, and also the 'chase' scenes/levels were better, like the dessert chase level.