The Soundtracks Collection - Concord

emtiem

Ooh thanks for that; I'll be ver interested to see what's new on the Temple and Crusade soundtracks: I have bootlegs of both and there's some great music not on the original albums (but sadly in rubbish quality on the bootlegs). Exciting stuff; presumably they won't be fully expanded, but I'll be happy as long as it's the tracks I like. Not too bothered about Raiders as there's not much that wasn't on the 2cd set released a few years back (and I've got a botleg with tracks like Government Men on; it's not all that exciting).

What I'd really like is a re-recording of Last Crusade; the original orchestra just weren't up to the job!

emtiem

Crack that whip said:
And now, further detail:

So, apparently the expanded Raiders of the Lost Ark will be available both in the boxed set and individually, while the expanded Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade will be exclusive to the boxed set. I know where my money's going...

:D (y) :whip:

(Oh, and the box is due out November 11!)

Actually; do you have a link for that? I'd like to keep an eye on the page myself! :)

Crack that whip

Yes, I do! It did first come out in a forum thread at MM, but I'm inclined to trust the source.

Of course, if this is getting out now I expect we'll see something on Concord's own site or something any time now, so we should probably just keep an eye on any such official outlets.
:)

Forbidden Eye

Is the KOTCS soundtrack expanded as well?

This is great news! I don't have any of the three soundtracks, so the fact they're FINALLY releasing music yet to be released along with the original soundtracks makes me all giddy inside!

Going on my holiday wish-list for sure!

Crack that whip

If I understand the press release and other postings correctly, all three older scores will be expanded, but not Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull; I believe the box will have one disc per movie, and the existing Crystal Skull soundtrack is already pretty close to filling the disc to maximum capacity. Raiders of the Lost Ark will apparently be complete, though; I hadn't thought the whole thing would fit on a disc, but it should certainly be close, and I guess it might be possible after all.

The other two both have scads of music that wasn't on the original soundtrack albums, and more music than will fit on just one disc for either movie, but there's room to add quite a bit to each of them before running out of room - the original albums were configured more with cassettes and vinyl records in mind, and the CD contents reflect that. There could easily be another 20 minutes or so added to Crusade and 40 or so added to Temple, and apparently that's what's going to happen.

IndyCon

YES YES AND YES

I've dreamed of this for years I don't have the first three soundtracks so this is great I'm going to have a great time sitting back and relaxing while listening to the soundtracks I can't wait.

indyclone25

i can't wait my kotcs soundtrack i have is already not playing well and i will love to have another copy , but buying the all four films will be great , yes the holy grail of music has been found ----lol

Where do I sign up? This is truly fantastic news. The amount of music missing from Temple of Doom's score is ridiculous, and I'm thrilled that we finally get an expanded release.

If anyone finds more updated information on this set, please post it here. The more details the better!

Crack that whip

The current release for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is already pretty full, and if they were going to squeeze more music onto it they might as well have done so when they first issued it just a few months ago.

That said, they could always remove the four concert arrangement cues at the beginning of the album to make more room for the film score proper. That seems to be what they've done with Raiders of the Lost Ark, actually - the straight-up "Raiders March" (Indiana Jones theme) cue that opened the previous album seems to have come off, allowing for the inclusion of additional score in the movie. That's too bad, but necessary if they didn't want to go with more than one disc per movie, and at least it does give people a bit more reason to hang onto their existing Raiders discs while still wanting this set. If they'd done the same with Skull, it'd make buying the set more palatable for people who already shelled out for the individual Skull soundtrack just months earlier - indeed, it would mean people who don't already have the individual Skull soundtrack would still have a reason to get it even after they get this boxed set.

indyclone25

i really don't care i would have bought it anyways , but i just wish that concord records would go ahead and put up the info for the box set . why wait to the last month or even wait til the boxset is released ?

vf wing

A definite must-buy! Even tho i've got 2-disc boots for the earlier films, the quality here will certainly outclass them. For Skull, it'd be nice to change up the track selection for those of us who already own the single release. Not expecting it really, but it could happen!

kevblee

Is there anywhere to find pre-order or release date info on the new collectors set soundtracks coming out?

Crack that whip

I'm sure that same site will have it a little later. It appears the individual Raiders disc is coming out a few weeks before the boxed set. I think we'll see the boxed set listed there soon.

I'm just a bit concerned about the "limited edition" status. It's going to sell out in seconds if it's limited to 3000 copies, as is common for expanded releases of domestically-recorded vintage film scores, but I don't know what the edition limit is going to be...

JediPug1

Oh, this is very cool news indeed! I know some folks who'll be very excited about getting the expanded soundtracks... (y)