What Would The Modern Day Dr Jones Wear On His Adventures?

Goodeknight

Dang!!!

I was just in Haiti covering the earthquake! A colleague of mine spent three weeks at Love a Child (where Ford landed).

Oh well, maybe I'll meet him in another disaster zone. Good to see he's helping with the relief in Haiti.

Here's one of the pics from the Operation Smile website:
hti_2010_relief_ford_2_03_web_450.jpg

SO, just as I had suggested in my previous post, Indy style shirt, updated as a Columbia type shirt with lightweight material, vents, etc. AND, also like I said, not one of the fisherman shirts with huge pockets, loops, etc. Understated.

so I'm right on the money! BooYah! :hat:

Reebok's Alien Stomper series Indiana Jones Sneaker.

Special branding is only placed on the tongue.
Brown leather and waxed denim spread over the upper.
The gradient lining is the color scheme of the Indiana Jones logo.
High-top brown leather with gold lettering Mayan-inspired print on the tongue.

reebok-alien-stomper-indiana-jones-summary.jpg

20110202182249479.jpg

Indy's brother

Based on what he wore in the OT, his British MKVII gas mask bag/satchel would be replaced by this modern cordura PLCE respirator haversack:

DPM_respirator_bag.jpg

His trousers would be replaced with the more modern No. 2 dress pant from the british army:

140.jpg

British_Army_No_2_Dress.jpg

I can only imagine that redwing boots woud be the order of the day, though they haven't really ever been redesigned, they are more practical than the ones Indy wears since they have no heel, feel like tennis shoes, but wear like a boot. I've had many pairs:

RTEmagicC_Itemweek-RedWing-pair.jpg.jpg

A modern Indy would most likely not wear a fedora, since he had one simply as a trend of his day. I think a modern Indy would probably wear a ball-cap of some kind for practicality and modern trends. Not very exciting, I know. There is an alternative if you just had to have the more adventurey look, Real Deal Brazil's "Tarp Hat":

th-tarphat5.jpg

It's the one Woody Harrelson wore in Zombieland, and Óscar Jaenada wore one in "The Losers". I've got one, it's tough, comfy, and lightweight.

As for the shirt and jacket, I really am at a loss.

kongisking

Indy's brother said:
th-tarphat5.jpg

It's the one Woody Harrelson wore in Zombieland, and Óscar Jaenada wore one in "The Losers". I've got one, it's tough, comfy, and lightweight.

Oh, God, now you've got me thinking about a crossover between Tallahasee and Indy. Badass overload!

And welcome, Goodeknight! You sound like a sweet fella. I look forward to chatting with you. Hope you loved KOTCS.

hatsie

I don't believe Indy would wear the common touristy gore-tex, columbia and ugly mountain boots crap. I do think he would wear a more contemporary version of his good old costume, a bit like Jack T Colton indeed. Maybe like Nestor Carbonell's character in Lost.

rts_031MichaelDouglas.jpg

Lost_NestorCarbonell-thumb-400x383-12226.jpg

Nestor-Carbonell-Lost.jpg

Indy's brother

penman hats said:
Come on now. Indy wouldn't change a thing. This a guy who likes to be called after the dog. He not changing for nothing.

Oh sure, but if he were alive today he'd be 112 years old, too. In that regard, to answer the original question the thread starter presented, a modern-day Indiana Jones would be wearing an adult diaper, a medic alert bracelet, a Lifecall pendant, and an oxygen tank in his satchel. :p

Smith

I don't see him being much different. His clothes are products of use and necessity.

Jacket similar if not the same. But he'd also have some goretex or other type rain/cold gear because it does it's job.

Definitely a hat to shade the ears and neck on any digs in the desert regions...I'd like to think it would be the same hat, but lets face it.... probably not. He'd probaly even own a couple of caps considering the trend these days.

The boots I imagine would still be high quality leather boots, but I would surmise now with a more modern tread.

Possibly jeans but they are heavy when wet, and hot in certain climates... so a pair of cargo pants or khaki work pants maybe.
Shirt would be one of the lightweight outdoor styles. Same old color.

Whip is doubtful.
Guns would need to be at least semi- concealable so I'd give the nod to a modern manufacture Browning Hi Power. Just can't see an Indy in any time frame with a Glock.

Good lockback pocket knife, maybe one with a pocket clip.

Overall he'd probably look a little more casual... just like our un-fortunate state of fashion these days.

Gear

Smith said:
Overall he'd probably look a little more casual... just like our un-fortunate state of fashion these days.

Can't you imagine Indy roaming around ancient ruins in his Simpsons sleep pants and American Eagle tee? Then he'd hit up Wal*Mart to 'discover' its loots.

--

This thread could make as a nice guide for leather tramps, except some of the apparel is spendy. However, some of this stuff you could pull off less expensively, at a good army surplus store, farmers' outlet, ect, whether or not you're the modern Indiana Jones. Or just take them as ideas.

Indy wouldn't go for anything trendy or flashy, he'd go for low-key garments, as mentioned. This serves safety purposes as well as dignity. ;)

As far as pants go, and perhaps jackets, what about Carhartts (or good knock-offs)? They might be a bit heavier than other types, but you know they're gonna hold up, and they aren't real hard to get a hold of.

I live in the boonies, so I like my clothing to function for such. I don't own any Carhartts, but I have some Dickies which are faring well. One of the most important criteria is water management; they need to resist soaking to a certain point and then be able to dry fast. Most jeans don't fit that bill, again as mentioned above, especially heavy ones, but Dickies makes carpenter's jean-style pants that do. There you'll see other variations that retain Indy's style.

hatsie

I do consider him a man with style, therefore I don't think he would wear anything like American 'comfortable' pants or jackets as it's needless to say that most of his contemporary compatriots lack class when it comes to clothing. He might adapt a bit more to European 'fashion', mingled with his own adventurous style.

Dewy9

While he doesn't wear them in the movies, I'd like to think Indy has discovered the sun's UV rays are harmful to our eyes and as a result, adopt some sweet looking aviators.

JRJENNINGS86

he would dress like Nathan Drake from Uncharted or perhaps my man Bear Grylls:whip:

he may even keep it real with his duds he wears already, i know i would. that would be what you call being unique:gun: