Love Indiana Jones

Meli

Hello everyone!
I?m a 20 years old student of archaeology, that?s doing a school project about Indiana Jones, and I would like you all very much to help me by telling me about you fondness for the ?Indiana Jones? movies.
For example:
What is it that you like the most about the movies, Is it the adventure style?
Do you like archaeology?
Do you like seeing other movies about archaeologists?
Please tell me all about what you think is special whit Indiana Jones. It would help me so much if you took some time to give this message your response

Thank you all in advance
Emelie

:whip:

arkfinder

Where to start? Ah yes, the reason I'm a huge Indy fan is because he's the most realistic hero. Meaning he stumble's and bumble's his way. He also cares for both the people he's with and the job he is doing.

Not to mention his weapons are a pistol and a whip. The whip is the best. It's alomst an extention of his right hand.

The stories are timeless. I mean he could be looking for the Ark or the Holy grail or anything and it would be freash and new.

I hope this helps out at least a little.

Meli

Thank you

This is just what I need :) thank you so much for your time.
I just hope more people will contribute with there opinions too
Thanks again (y)

Gear

Oh man, Indiana Jones. Why do I love him? He's my hero! I first saw the Indy movies when I was about 11, mabey 12. He's a BAD ASS. I like him because:
He risks his life for things he believes in, people he cares about and of coarse, the world.
He is TOUGH.
He's smart.
He's daring.
He's gritty.
He looks cool.
And he's pretty much unstopable.
I like the movies because:
Their a roller coaster of unbelievable action.
They have awsome fight scenes.
Incredibly unique story line.
Cool stunts.
Hot chicks.
Dangerous artifacts.
Evil vilians.
And a BAMF pro tag.

What is special about Jones?:
He was a charictor no one had seen before.
Between you and me--when I was a kid I would get in my Indy costume (see, at the time I hade a Fadora-like-hat and a denem jacket which looked a lot like Indys jacket and Cackies and a fanie pack which I used as a field bag ect.) and reanact his adventures in my back yard. So you can see, Indy is special to me. ;)

fixer79

Aaah, the success of Indiana Jones...
The characters are great, the casting of them is perfect, the stories work like a charm, the music is excellent, the direction hits the spot, the genres blend like a dream... And so on, and so on.

To me, the Indiana Jones trilogy is one of those rare moments in movie history where all aspects of filmmaking are just perfect and work beautifully together.
Everything is just right, not a flaw...
A very rare thing.

Meli

Me Again

Indiana Jones has always been this cool hero in my opinion, and I think it?s a fantastic story. It?s wonderful that you all want to share this whit me, thank you all that has already posted. And if you haven?t posted jet, please do. I World love to hear your view too
Bye
// Emelie

IndySeven

There are so many reasons why Indiana Jones is so cool. He's a man who's basically lived through the 20th Century. He was born in 1899 and was still living in 1993, shown in an episode on the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. He's basically lived the 20th Century, finding ancient artifacts, and wearing a fedora, leather jacket, and carrying a bullwhip and revolver. How cool is that!:whip:

arkfinder

The main reason I'ma HUGE Indy fan is because he isn't your typical movie hero. Nothing really stands out about him.

Indy_Chic

Hello there Meli! It's nice to meet you!:)

I'm one of the 'younger' generations of the Indy Fans so I never got to see the Indy films at the theatre. The first Indy film I watched was 'Last Crusade' and that movie just left a big impact on me. The character of Indiana Jones himself, the stunts, the quest for the grail, his relationship with his father etc. This film just stuck with me. Later I watched Raiders of the Lost Ark and Temple of Doom and loved every minute of the adventures Indiana Jones had as they were just exciting and so much fun to watch! (and well, also, Harrison Ford is just so lovable to watch ;) :eek: )

Meli

Hello

Yes I agree. Harrison Ford meets the eye very well as Indiana Jones.:D
Are there any more opinions out there?
Feel free to replay. I?m looking forward to every single view. Don?t worry if someone has already said exactly what you think. That doesn?t mater. You?re most welcome anyway :whip:

Niteshade007

Indiana Jones, more than any other hero of fiction, is the epitome of the word "adventure." He is not only a hero that people can relate to, but he is also a hero that people want to emulate or be like. His films are the finest example of escapism. We can go to a whole other world filled with romance, intrigue, and action for a short time, and with someone who we feel comfortable with.

Ray Delark

Niteshade007 said:
Indiana Jones, more than any other hero of fiction, is the epitome of the word "adventure." He is not only a hero that people can relate to, but he is also a hero that people want to emulate or be like. His films are the finest example of escapism. We can go to a whole other world filled with romance, intrigue, and action for a short time, and with someone who we feel comfortable with.

Well said. Indiana Jones is a great adventurer, edge of your seat for sure, takes his gun and whip on dangerous trips, sauve and debonaire - devil may care. The high quality of Indiana Jones films inspire people in different ways. I think fans incorporate different aspects. "Indy" gets some folks very excited about world history, for example, while it motivates others to become performers, such as stuntmen. I have personally taken up several hobbies, such as the art of the bullwhip and song writing, hiking - all with Indy in mind. Since 1981, I've become an example of a hard-core Indy fan who still would like a job/career related to a Lucas Indy project. As much as I wish for the "call", I understand if it doesn't come. I'll probably always live in the Indy universe to some extent. It's just fun.

Blue Jay

i think indy is somebody everbody would like to be.

On the one hand he is an academic, on the other hand he is an adventurer.

to search for the unknown, unocvering mysteries of our society and see the world is bringing out my inner child. it makes me wanna relive my childhood and play that character.

the archaelogy is a very importent part of the story, it gives him a purpose in life. "it belongs in a museum"

i also like the first mummy movie. it recreated the indy feeling, although i would never compare indy to the mummy movies in that matter.
otherwise i hate tomb raider - gives me nothing.

Last edited:

Meli

So far there have been many interesting replay to this thread. Is there any one else who would like to tell me why the love Indiana Jones?
Please post
//Emelie
:gun:

indy34

im 14 ive been an indy fan since something like 4 ive always loved archeaolgy i want to studdy it at uni i think the main reason i love movies are because i have a bit of a connection because my mother was taken away from me when i was nine in a fire storm indy also lost his mother at a young age and my father and i never really talk about any thing just like indy and his father that why i have some sort of a connection with indy. i hope i helped you with your project in some way

Inbanana

I think that the Indiana Jones movies were a lot of people's favorites when they were a kid. Maybe Star Wars was more popular for some of my friends who I grew up with, but for me, I was a huge Indiana Jones fan... so much so, that my parents always thought that I would end up being an archaeologist when I grew up.

I think though... even back then, that I knew that the Indiana Jones movies weren't about "real" archeology, just adventure stories... and like a lot of kids of that generation, I wanted to be like Steven Spielberg or Harrison Ford, the people who told those stories. I even remember when I was younger hinting to my parents about my interest in 'film school'... they ever so subtly hinted back, that if that was the case, then I had better start practicing: "Do you want fries with that". And, though I probably ended up resented them for that at the time... I think they had a point.

As for archeology, it still interests me, mostly due to Indy of course... but I sometimes wonder what would have happened if I actually chose to pursue it as a career...

No Ticket

Personally, it's a lot of things. In no particular order.

- Harrison Ford's charismatic personality as Indiana Jones makes me want to hang out with him in real life. Kind of like wishing he were real. Dorky, maybe. But true.

- I love the 1930s setting (well it's 1950s now but still).

- Comedy mixed in with the action always makes for a good movie and Indiana Jones movies always have that perfect meshing of the two.

- Going after ancient artifacts and seeing the supernatural is just cool. It makes you think more about your world and the possibility of the impossible.

- Indy isn't perfect and he makes mistakes. He's human. You can connect with him.

- His outfit is just plain cool to look at.

- The musical score in ALL the films is AMAZING. John Williams adds so much life with the Raiders march. That musical cue alone can build excitement and multitudes of adventuring fantasies!

- There's just something cool about how Indy carries himself. He does the right thing more often than not, but he is far from being a saint.

- Steven Spielberg directed it, George Lucas created it and Harrison Ford stars in it!!

- It was one of the first movies I ever watched as a child.

Well, that's SOME of the reasons. There's more but I can't list them all! That'd take forever!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Why do I get the feeling that this thread feels like a marketing research campaign? And none of the answers have been about archaeology in movies in general but about Indiana Jones as a hero. Why would one be doing a project on that in archaeology in college? Just intrigued.

However if it is legit research for college, I apologise. I've just created a conspiracy recently to do with Lucasfilm's "top men" spying on our threads. See the Lack of News thread in the Indy IV Spoilers section for full details

Meli

I can honestly assure you that I am writing a report about this subject, and that I am studying archaeology. It is my 4th term, and we are all writing different essays. Mine is about the archaeologist in movies, but since I know that many of my fellow students has adored Indiana Jones as kids (and still dose) I wanted to know what was so fascinating (even thou I am a admirer myself)

//
Emelie

p.s Keep posting. I´m not Done jet ;) D.s