Brave

RedeemedChild

Well it looks like Pixar the legendary offspring of George Lucas (which somehow fell into the hands of Disney) is forever going strong and that's a good thing for those of us who enjoy their adorable hits such as Finding Nemo, Wall-E, Toy Story and of course Bolt.

The offerings are looking good for 2010 and 2011 as we have a line up which consist of The Bear and The Bow, Up, Newt, Toy Story 3, Up and Cars 2.

The next film that I?m very excited about is Disney/Pixar?s The Bear and the Bow which follows the life of young fiery, tangled haired young lady named Merida who from the concept art looks as if she is between being a young adult and a teenager.

The Bear and The Bow will be Pixar?s first fairy tale and is developed by Brenda Chapman creator of The Prince of Egypt. Chapman says the story was developed from out of admiration for the works of Hans Christian Anderson and The Brothers Grim. She combined her admiration of Borthers Grimm and H.C. Anderson with her love for her daughter and hence the story -plot for The Bear and the Bow.

Princess Merida has an admiration for archery, so strong is her passion for archery that she?d rather turn her back on her royal life and embrace the path of the warrior. Merida makes reckless choices that result in the destruction of her father?s kingdom and the endangerment of her mother?s life. Our young heroine sees the error of her ways and set?s out to undo the damage she has caused.

The film stars big names including Reese Witherspoon and Julie Walters.

RedeemedChild

I agree. It is my personal hope that Disney/Pixar will turn The Bear and Bow into an online MMORPG similar to that of World of Warcraft or Ankama Games Wakfu. I know that is a far flung hope, yet because of their highly successful Pirates of the Caribbean online I think there might be a chance of my wish becoming a reality.

Junior Jones

I love Pixar and I'm looking forward to this too.

One minor correction, though.
RedeemedChild said:
...their adorable hits such as Finding Nemo, Wall-E, Toy Story and of course Bolt.
Bolt was produced by Disney, not Pixar.

YouNeverKnow

Ha I was gonna point out the same correction. I did not see Bolt, but tying shameless mockeries like Meet the Robinsons and Chicken Little to the genius that is Pixar is just highly unfair.

Anyway, Up is the next one and I'm really excited. Is there a Pixar movie that isn't completely original and awesome? I think not.

RedeemedChild

I did not like Meet The Robinsons either, yet I do like Chicken Little. I hope there will be a sequel to Chicken Little in the future.

I wonder if The Bear and the Bow will get video games on the PSP, Nintendo DSi and iPod Touch? I can rest assured that I'll buy all three games it they are released to all three systems.

Does anyone know if there is a Chicken Little game on the PSP system?

TheMutt92

I see its been a while since this has been updated. For those who havn't been keeping up, the film is now simply titled Brave, Mark Andrews has taken over directing duties for Brenda Chapman (although she is still credited as co-director), and the lead character is now being voiced by Kelly MacDonald (Boardwalk Empire) instead of Reese Witherspoon.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=30534

50224.jpg

RedeemedChild

I've noticed that Disney/ Pixar give news coverage to Cars 2 and Monsters Inc University but hardly anything is being made known regarding 'Brave'.

Agent Crab

RedeemedChild said:
I agree. It is my personal hope that Disney/Pixar will turn The Bear and Bow into an online MMORPG similar to that of World of Warcraft or Ankama Games Wakfu. I know that is a far flung hope, yet because of their highly successful Pirates of the Caribbean online I think there might be a chance of my wish becoming a reality.

A movie like this does not need to be made into an MMO.

The movie looks intresting, though.

Last edited:

TheMutt92

First image from the film, while first trailer is to be attached to Cars 2 next month:

http://www.slashfilm.com/merida-pixars-brave/

Pixar?s first original fairy tale, Brave, is about a young princess named Merida (Kelly Macdonald) who defies her parents and inadvertently brings turmoil to their Kingdom. She must then do whatever is in her power to make things right. Featuring the voices of Billy Connolly, Emma Thompson, Julie Walters, Kevin McKidd, Craig Ferguson and Robbie Coltrane the Marc Andrews/Brenda Chapman-directed film is scheduled for release June 22 and a trailer should be in front of Cars 2.

We?ve seen some concept art from the film, such as the shot above, but now we get out first glimpse of the main character all her computer animated glory.

http://bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/braveprincessmeridapixarimage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kongisking

Neat. I hope this evokes a nice mix of Grimm with classic Disney. If this turns out even half as great as Tangled was, I'll be ridiculously happy.

QBComics

Man, that poster is great. Looks so beautiful! Man, this movie sounds like it might be just as dark, or even darker, as The Incredibles. Everything I've heard so far looks phenomenal.

Cars 2 is coming out, and while I'm not expecting much, I hope I'll enjoy it. Shame Pixar's perfect RT is damaged, but I still have hopes!