Fate of Atlantis fan novelization

whipwarrior

Thank you very much for the great review! It's truly appreciated. Sorry for taking so long to finish the story, but I'm a perfectionist by nature and I refuse to settle for anything less than my absolute best work, especially with such an iconic tale. I'm also pleased that you recognized how the characters' relationships evolved naturally, which is the benefit of creating a story over several years. These people were in my mind every single day, existing and interacting like alternate egos who quickly took on a life of their own. After awhile it seemed like I was simply transcribing for them! There's no special trick to writing, except to say that you have to believe in every single word you write, otherwise nobody else will. Your review is my reward, confirming that I did my job right and produced an entertaining Indiana Jones adventure that other Indy fans can enjoy alongside of the official novels. :whip:

gioA

is it legal to get a copy of this printed and bound as a private copy or not?
would love to see it on my shelf.

whipwarrior

Not sure. Being a fan-made story, it's not an officially-licensed product, yet it IS based on a copyrighted game owned by Lucasfilm. I made (at great personal expense) spiral-bound print copies for myself and a select group of people who contributed to the project, but I'm not sure if you could have a book manufactured via print-on-demand service. My theory is that once they see the cover artwork, they might put the brakes on it because it's based on a trademarked intellectual property, and possibly contact LFL. However, if you'd like to print out a book for yourself at home, I'd be happy send you all of my original files (just send me a PM with your e-mail address). I'm really flattered that people appreciate my work, and the more copies in existence, the better! :whip:

gioA

Thanks for the reply. You confirmed what I already thought.
Could you tell me how to download the mobi and epub versions onto my tablet as when I click on them they just come up with a screen of nonsense text instead of a download.
thanks.
once again loved the book.

whipwarrior

Actually, I'm not very tech-savvy when it comes to e-readers. You'd have to ask Laserschwert, who adapted the story for digital distribution. He told me how to copy the text file last year, but I don't remember the details now. I'm sure if you send him a PM, he will gladly help out.

whipwarrior

I can't believe it's been a year since Fate of Atlantis premiered. How time flies! Since then, it has received unanimously positive reviews, which is gratifying for an amateur writer. Now I am pleased to announce that I have some good news for everyone who enjoyed my first Indy novel. For the past year and a half, I've been developing the storyline for an exciting new Indy adventure which I am soon to commence writing. While I truly appreciate everyone's enthusiasm, please know that I also work a full-time job which limits how much time I can devote to writing. So this will be my last Indiana Jones novel, due to the difficulty in finding a suitable quest and/or MacGuffin worthy of our favorite hero. Please be patient and you will be rewarded. :hat:

whipwarrior

Oh, that’s interesting! Unfortunately I can’t read French, but I’m glad to see other fans as passionate about FOA as I am. As with all fan-made products, there’s no definitive version of the story, aside from Hal Barwood’s masterpiece game, so we are just carrying the torch for Atlantis. :)

dyoghenes

Does anybody knows the difference between the original version from 2013 and the updated from 2017?
I am not sure which one I have, does somebody.have a link to the updated version (maybe even in epub format)? Thanks!

ThrowMeTheWhip

Does anybody knows the difference between the original version from 2013 and the updated from 2017?
I am not sure which one I have, does somebody.have a link to the updated version (maybe even in epub format)? Thanks!
The updated version is not in ePub. I do have the raw files though and plan to turn it into an ePub.

dyoghenes

Hi everyone!
I recently converted the Fate of Atlantis novelization PDFs into epub. I also tidied it up using the style of the recently released Staff of Kings epub as a base (which in turn was based on the old adult novels).

I uploaded the book into a mega.nz folder: https://mega.nz/folder/mFETSRgK#eLjSZXHd9TKkfWcj-9BsxQ

One thing to note: I included the book in KFX format, which you can sideload to Kindle devices for some added benefits.

Also, huge thanks to throwmethewhip for all the work he did on formatting the Staff of Kings release which I used as a reference for formatting this.