The Indy Cast

DoomTown

Mitchellhallock said:
I thought no. 1 was the best -- but no. 5 had me laughing out loud..(great job Keith) it was like Gilbert Gotfried was cast as Sallah... very funny! QUOTE]

#5 is not me!!! I am mixed in there somewhere, though... :)

drwynn

KVoss said:
Mitchellhallock said:
I thought no. 1 was the best -- but no. 5 had me laughing out loud..(great job Keith) it was like Gilbert Gotfried was cast as Sallah... very funny!

#5 is not me!!! I am mixed in there somewhere, though... :)

I thought #1 was the best too...but, like I said...I offered a sympathy vote for #5 because (until I read the rest of this thread), I wasn't sure #5 was a joke. I'm still not...the voice sounds a little Italian but also Middle Eastern. Reminds me of a cross between Sallah and Mario from Super Mario Bros.

DoomTown

drwynn said:
I thought #1 was the best too...but, like I said...I offered a sympathy vote for #5 because (until I read the rest of this thread), I wasn't sure #5 was a joke. I'm still not...the voice sounds a little Italian but also Middle Eastern. Reminds me of a cross between Sallah and Mario from Super Mario Bros.

Mario was the VERY first person I thought of!!! Had me crackin up!!! :D

drwynn

KVoss said:
Mario was the VERY first person I thought of!!! Had me crackin up!!! :D

I know...especially with the "Let's go!" at the end. Reminded of when Mario says, "Here we go" in Mario Kart...

DoomTown

Mitchellhallock said:
I was onsite planning www.comiconn.com today and someone asked if I would be reporting the show and talking to guests about Indiana Jones and then it dawned on me,... I should just have a laptop up with TheRaider.net and IndyCast going and offer tours of Marshall College in nearby New Haven!

This looks like a lot of fun Mitch, I definitely think you should have some type of live Indy-Cast event. Hopefully there will be some representatives of the Trivia Brotherhood in attendance...sometimes I wish I still lived in Jersey...Next time I'm States bound, any chance I can get that tour of Marshall College??? :)

Sharkey said:
Something tells me that's not all you need to admit to. That famous map you so readily fall back on when it suits you shows Los Angeles as the only source of Contestants 5's support.You live in LA right?

The entry is too masculine to be yours...maybe you had a "friend" do it.

Wouldn't surprise me at all considering what you pulled last time.

Wow. Sharkey, I'm sorry, but you are way out of line. I can assure you with 100% certainty that there is no connection between Lito and contestant 5. Lito has had no involvement in the Sallah Voice-Off. And what he states is correct - when someone casts multiple votes on a Vizu poll their pin location usually disappears from the map.

I can also state with certainty that #5 was submitted purely with the intention of being funny, which, depending on how you look at, could actually make the fact that someone is going out of their way to cheat on the behalf of that impression kind of funny. Or it could be just incredibly sad.

But not as sad as accusing someone of cheating on a contest with no basis and then resorting to personal insults in the process.

It really is beyond time to move on.

The only reason I posted about the multiple votes was to let whoever was doing it know that it was pointless and to try and keep anyone from thinking that they needed to cheat on behalf of any other contestant to counteract the votes for #5.

Last edited:

lairdo

Mitchellhallock said:
I will gladly do the walking tour for any indyfans

If there is an IndyCast gathering at ComicConn or any other time, I will certainly do my best to make it!

I certainly think it would be great to get Ed to the 2011 show. I wonder if a sponsor could be arranged from the various companies that make Indy gear?

DoomTown

lairdo said:
If there is an IndyCast gathering at ComicConn or any other time, I will certainly do my best to make it!

I certainly think it would be great to get Ed to the 2011 show. I wonder if a sponsor could be arranged from the various companies that make Indy gear?

A "Brotherhood" table at the ComicConn...I can see it now! ;)

Maybe an Indy-Cast telethon to get Ed to the states, we can have a 24 hour live podcast....a variety show,Indy style!!! Is Jerry Lewis available???

lairdo

KVoss said:
A "Brotherhood" table at the ComicConn...I can see it now!

And then fans will know they are getting legitimate autographs and not the phony ones Les warned us about! We might not even charge for photos.

(Come to think of it, I'll probably pay people to take photos with us.)

KVoss said:

Maybe an Indy-Cast telethon to get Ed to the states, we can have a 24 hour live podcast....a variety show,Indy style!!! Is Jerry Lewis available???

Haha, that would be something, wouldn't it?

The Jerry Lewis line is killing me! Nice one, Keith!

KVoss said:

Well they ARE having a:
Star Wars Trivia Contest
Do you know everything about Star Wars? Well its time to put your trivia knowledge to the test! ComiCONN is proud to announce that attending artist Kevin Liell will be hosting the Star Wars Trivia Contest at ComiCONN. Prizes! Prizes! Prizes! Check back for more information.

Jim Steranko would be my choice for a guest, maybe the story board artists or whoever did those Crystal Skull production paintings!

Sharkey

No Rob, I'm sorry. I'm getting too steamed over this.

I know all about the pin points after the legal brief for the defense posted on a few message boards. Amazing how its a basis to complain about cheating and reasonable doubt depending on your need. For the record I'm dragging this in the mud not the gutter.

Last edited:

DoomTown

Rocket Surgeon said:
Jim Steranko would be my choice for a guest, maybe the story board artists or whoever did those Crystal Skull production paintings!

Good call. How about Julian Glover? Best of both worlds,an "Indy" guest AND an "Empire" guest all rolled up into one! (y) or (n)

DoomTown

indycast said:
I thought it was supposed to be Jar Jar!

That would be more like..."It's MESA!!! Sallah!!! Mesa is da Monarch of the SEESA!! WWWWWOOOOOooopppppppp woop woop!!! Oh no!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"