General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Montana Smith

Stoo said:
So how about that Indy 5?:whip:

Mistah Jones - he dead. He no come back now.

Stoo said:
Maybe Violet might have gleaned some info from Karen Allen the other day. We'll have to wait & see...

I have this feeling that Karen Allen has been winging it, dropping teasing tidbits, mimicking the official line. Little white tongue-in-cheek and winking lies, as with the message she added to her autograph for Mitchell. She's been upping her status by attaching herself to something concrete, but I don't think anybody really knows. The two venerable beards are probably not sure what they're going to do.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Stoo said:
Maybe Violet might have gleaned some info from Karen Allen the other day. We'll have to wait & see...

I thought my ears were burning...:p

I'm not saying anything right now... you guys are just going to have to wait for the next Indycast.

Indy's brother

Violet said:

I'm not saying anything right now... you guys are just going to have to wait for the next Indycast.

Hmm. Been awhile since I've listened in, I saw on their FB page that you have audio of Karen Allen and John Rhys Davies. I'll be checking that one out next week, then. :hat:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Indy's brother said:
Hmm. Been awhile since I've listened in, I saw on their FB page that you have audio of Karen Allen and John Rhys Davies. I'll be checking that one out next week, then. :hat:

I don't know what their thinking but I don't have audio of John Rhys-Davies. Thanks for letting me know though, I'll make sure to clear that up with Ed.

Hanselation

Montana Smith said:
Mistah Jones - he dead. He no come back now.

I have this feeling that Karen Allen has been winging it, dropping teasing tidbits, mimicking the official line. Little white tongue-in-cheek and winking lies, as with the message she added to her autograph for Mitchell. She's been upping her status by attaching herself to something concrete, but I don't think anybody really knows. The two venerable beards are probably not sure what they're going to do.

I have the same (bad) feeling about that.

I don't believe that she told any concrete new fact about an upcoming realization of Indiana Jones 5. We will hear something like: " Oh yeah, they aggreed on the germ of a story and they all would like to do anotherone, but there is no script working until now...."

Montana Smith

Papa Jones said:
capsulecomputers.com posted a video interview of Karen Allen at Armageddon Expo:

http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/...es-australian-exclusive-armageddon-expo-2011/

In our interview Karen speaks about her start in the movie industry, how she got the part of Marion Ravenwood in Indiana Jones “Raiders Of The Lost Ark” also her thoughts on the latest Indiana Jones “Kingdom Of The Crystal Skulls” and her up and coming movie called White Irish Drinkers. Lastly we ask Karen what her favourite Video Game is !!

What, no mention of Indy V? :confused:

News of "her favourite Video Game" should interest some here. :p

;)

Papa Jones

Montana Smith said:
What, no mention of Indy V? :confused:

Yeah, that means we'll have to wait for the next Indy Cast.

As mentioned before, I hope it doesn't include the words: "germ of idea".

That's even worse than the "It's done when it's done" from the developpers of "Duke Nukem Forever". :D

Montana Smith

Papa Jones said:
Yeah, that means we'll have to wait for the next Indy Cast.

That's even worse than the "It's done when it's done" from the developpers of "Duke Nukem Forever". :D

That Karen didn't mention, or wasn't asked about Indy V suggests that there was nothing to say. She was more interested in talking about an up-coming movie that she is sure to be part of.

Papa Jones

Montana Smith said:
That Karen didn't mention, or wasn't asked about Indy V suggests that there was nothing to say.

To be honest, there hasn't been anything to say since the first Indy V possibility was mentioned shortly after KotCS, has there?

I really keep my fingers crossed for some real, solid news from the Allen interview by Violet. :gun:

Montana Smith said:

My sentiments exactly.

It doesn't deminish my interest in the interview by any means though.

Indy's brother

Violet said:

Care to give us a tease about it.....?

casting.jpg

Mungi

Violet said:

Come on, you can't keep us in suspense that way! :) Did she say anything ... new? Anything positive?

Hanselation

Why should Karen Allen have the permission to tell us anything even if she knows anything?
She would play only a minor part if she will be involved in Indy 5.
Everything she can tell us is a kind of "Hot air!" - not more.

People who have the offical permisson to say something about that, and that are the people I would believe news about Indy 5 are:
Harrison - Because he is Indy
Steven and George, because they would be the "Makers"
Frank Marshall - because he would be the producer
or
SEAN CONNERY - if he is in it (if it will be made)
or
last but not least
JOHN WILLIAMS -because I would like that! (y)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Papa Jones said:

I'll throw you this much of a bone.

These words weren't included in the answer.

And let me make it also clear- what will be on the Indycast is the Q&A panel, not a personal interview. I did ask questions of her during signing and also during the Q&A. That was what I was able to manage. I'm not exactly someone with any kind of power when it comes to con's.

Indy's brother

Violet said:
I'll throw you this much of a bone.

These words weren't included in the answer.

That's all I needed: an Indy 5 question was asked and Karen responded to it.
(y)

I'll be checking in with The Indycast for the rest! :hat:

Rivers

I think everyone is expecting way too much out of Karen Allen.
lets not forget that she was not kept in the loop for KOTCS and wasnt even aware when the movie was announced. And keep in mind her character had a major role in the movie and she was completely unaware.
Lets not put too much hope in any news from Poor Karen, Im sure she would love to know what is going on just as much as us!