Disney Disgust

RedeemedChild

I'm officially disgusted with Disney Channel.

If good ole Walt Disney could awake from his grave and see the so called "Disney Channel" it would kill him all over again. In fact the horrible state of Disney Channel would kill him so hard that he'd never have a chance of reviving and setting things straight; and oh, how I wish that he could return and set things aright.

The programming airing on the Disney Channel as of today is nothing more than intellectually-lacking, brainless hogwash and it isn't creative.

Uncle Walt Disney was all about creativity in his life time. Mickey Mouse was Uncle Walt's love, yea, the adorable Mouse was even to some degree Mr. Disney's very soul in a way and it would break his heart to awaken from his dreamless slumber of death to learn that his beloved Mouse has been relegated to the sands of time and replaced with a would-be pop star named Miley Cyrus who got on Disney Channel not in the name of talent but simply because her father is a music star and was able to pull some strings backstage and supposedly she is considered "beautiful and attractive" by some weak minded young men. Miley Cyrus isn't a role module in any sense of the phrase "role module" nor is she worthy of standing of standing before children no more than Britney Spears or Sylvia Saint as all three of the aforementioned women are walking the road to perdition. Miley Cyrus is simply treading down the same dismal and abysmal road that Lindsey Lohan is traveling. May God have mercy on their souls. I had really begun to like Lindsey Lohan after Herbie Fully Loaded and it saddens me to see her sorry state of affairs as it stands today.

The programs Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Hannah Montana, The Cheetah Girls, Cory in the House, That's So Raven, Sunny With A Chance, Good Luck Charlie, Camp Rock and High School Musical make my stomach churn and twist as if some unpleasant and vile stomach virus were about to take me on a roller coaster ride of misery. Those programs aren't even true Disney programs as they do not ring true to the "spirit of Disney" in any way at all. Anyone old enough to know the "Disney" of yesteryear will agree that the Disney Channel of today is not worthy of the title "Disney Channel" as it has so far departed from the "magic of Disney" and is now only a body without a soul or more precisely a House without the "Mouse".

Miley Cyrus isn't supposed to be the Disney mascot. Mickey Mouse is supposed to be the Disney mascot as he was indeed the "child" of Uncle Walt. Granted, Disney is trying to appease us by resurrecting the Mouse in the "Epic Mickey" Warren Spector project but that is not the same as abolishing the "Hannah Montana craze" and restoring Mickey Mouse to his rightful throne as king, wizard, "Steamboat Willie", and mascot of the Magic Kingdom. Howbeit, Epic Mickey is a step in the right direction.

Furthermore, I miss the Disney of my childhood. After I finish college perhaps I can take my art skills to Disney and help aid in the revival of the "Wish Upon A Star" Disney that my parents introduced me to as a child. It was because of Mickey Mouse and Mr. Disney's love for animation that I took such an ernest interest in drawing and animation, however, as the "magic" of Disney has grown ever so cold over the last few years thanks to rubbish like Camp Rock so to had my enthusiasm but now as I write this I can feel the anger within me boiling over into a fervor to ignite the flame that the House of Mouse gave me back in 1994 (I was born in 1988).

It's sad to see the death of traditional animation at Walt Disney. Sure, Pixar is nice and Tangled looks marvelous but Treasure Planet, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Sleeping Beauty, Aladdin, Fantasia, Tarzan and One Hundred and One Dalmatians were masterpieces of traditional animation and that is simply an art of which we as a people of the earth cannot afford to lose nor can the Disney company afford to abandon that rich element of it's heritage and I believe that The Princess and the Frog was indeed a step in the right direction and I pray Disney will continue to strive to recover the glory days of old.

As for the Disney Channel and Disney XD, what shall one say? It is true that Disney XD has tried to retain the appeal of previous Jetix/ Toon Disney and it is indeed far better than the horrible line-up of programming airing on the Disney Channel. However, the company needs to heal the flagship channel by returning to programs that contain the "spirit of Disney" and will appeal to the whole family the way Uncle Walt and Guy Williams did with the legendary Zorro program. Disney had a good thing going with Kim Possible, American Dragon: Jake Long, House of Mouse, Bear in the Big Blue House and The Replacements but they seem to have abandoned ship. Disney Channel needs to return airing such programs like the five I just mentioned. Nevertheless there seem to be a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel with Avalon High and Fish Hooks cresting the horizon and the current mediocre Phineas and Ferb.

Not only has Disney been hijacked by wolves in the garb of sheep but so has Nickeledon with rubbish like Spongbob Squarepants, Back at the Barnyard, Drake and Josh and Victorious and so has Cartoon Network which is Cartoon Network in name only and not content. The former no longer airs the masterpiece "Avatar: The Last Airbender" or charming shows like Catscratch, Hey Arnold or As Told By Ginger nor does the latter have great shows like Teen Titans, Dexter's Laboratory and Jonny Quest; save for Star Wars The Clone Wars and Chowder. We must reclaim the wholesome goodness of yesterday. It's all that we have to give to the youth of tomorrow.

The best thing we as Disney fans can do is to not become complacent. We must voice our opinions and express our displeasure and utilize our democratic rights as Disney fans in order to save Disney Channel from become a channel of "every foul and unclean thing" of sorts because it isn't the Disney that you and I knew nor is it the Disney that Uncle Walt created and it is our duty as True Disney Fans to resurrect the Disney of yesterday in order that the children of tomorrow may Wish Upon A Star.

The irony is that this is a goddamn INDIANA JONES BOARD. Indiana Jones is supposed to be the mascot, not Mickey.

Go post this where someone gives a ****.

XanaduEli

Ugh, I personally cannot stand the Disney channel now.

I used to watch it all the time, when all the old shows from the 90s and 80s were on, but ever since High school musical and Hannah Montana and all of those other shows waltzed onto our screens, I have refused to watch it again.

It is just pure Garbage. :mad:

ResidentAlien said:
Go post this where someone gives a ****.

I care, I have been waiting for a thread like this ever since I joined.

XanaduEli

ResidentAlien said:
Then you joined the wrong board.

There's plenty of Disney boards for children out there.

I wasn't stating that this was the only reason I joined, I am a massive Indy fan.
But this is called "Open discussion" for a reason.

And I don't like the Disney message boards, You always have little annoying brats contradicting everything you say.

I haven't yet found one suitable for 14 year olds...only little kids.

Iacovos

Message Board

I agree with Xandamel about the whole disney channel crap thing but resident alien you are acting really rude. Why are you talking to people like this.

The reason we use the messaging board is to say how we feel about certain subjects that do and sometimes dont involve Indiana Jones. But I think you have crossed a line with treating people like the gum on your shoe. Now please dont speak to people like that.

XanaduEli

Iacovos said:
I agree with Xandamel about the whole disney channel crap thing but resident alien you are acting really rude. Why are you talking to people like this. The reason we use the messaging board is to say how we feel about certain subjects that do and sometimes dont involve indiana jones. But I think you have crossed a line with treating people like the gum on your shoe. Now please dont speak to people like that.

Nice one James, I was actually about to say that. (y)

Iacovos said:
I agree with Xandamel about the whole disney channel crap thing but resident alien you are acting really rude. Why are you talking to people like this. The reason we use the messaging board is to say how we feel about certain subjects that do and sometimes dont involve indiana jones. But I think you have crossed a line with treating people like the gum on your shoe. Now please dont speak to people like that.

Yes, daddy!

Oh wait, no... screw off!

Maybe if Redeemed Child would post something other than Religious Propaganda and press releases for the Disney Channel and Nintendo every now and again, myself and others wouldn't loathe him as much as we do.

So bugger off, newb.

XanaduEli

Do NOT speak to my best friend like that!

He is only stating an opinion.

And I don't care if you do not like RedeemedChild, It still is not a reason to be nasty to him.

XanaduMel said:
Do NOT speak to my best friend like that!

Go pick on someone your own size.

Awwwww.

Hehe. Internet muscle flexing. This is why there's an age limit on these boards, you see.

We get children like you and your friend here who spout out mindless pap like that. And then we get people like Redeemed who are children in all but years and think everyone wants to read about their children obsessions rather than Indiana Jones.

Iacovos

Thanks for sticking up for me Mel but Residentalien where do you think you get off talking to people like that. You sound so immature. I mean come on picking on children. You are a rediculous sad sad man.

Last edited:
Iacovos said:
Thanks for sticking up for me mel but Residentalien where do you think you get off talking to people like that. You sound so imature. I mean come on picking on children. You are a rediculase sad sad man.

At least I'm educated enough to spell *ridiculous.*

I can't be arsed to bother with you children anymore.

I'll leave you to making yourselves look like asses. Enjoy.

RedeemedChild

XanaduMel said:
Ugh, I personally cannot stand the Disney channel now.

I used to watch it all the time, when all the old shows from the 90s and 80s were on, but ever since High school musical and Hannah Montana and all of those other shows waltzed onto our screens, I have refused to watch it again.

It is just pure Garbage. :mad:

I really miss Lloyd in Space, House of Mouse, Duck Tales, Chip and Dale and of course the more recent American Dragon: Jake Long.

Iacovos

RedeemedChild said:
I really miss Lloyd in Space, House of Mouse, Duck Tales, Chip and Dale and of course the more recent American Dragon: Jake Long.

I agree when I was younger I loved those shows.

Iacovos

Aww yeh I use to watch that every day to. I really miss it. I really liked that talking book guy. I would so want him in my schools library !!!

RedeemedChild

XanaduMel said:
Same here, And I miss Recess.

Yep, Recess was the icing on the cake. Then there was DarkWing Duck and The Lion King show. I also miss the Tarzan television show Disney had.

Another good one that is no longer was the Buzz Lightyear of Star Command show which was a Toy Story spin-off.

It's simply sad. The spirit of Disney is lost and I miss it badly.

The current live action sitcoms aren't the spirit of Disney, all save for Wizards of Waverly Place which contains a nice drizzle of the pixie dust and the "magic of Disney" within. However, Disney is still on the slide and that cannot be denied in any fashion. Disney Channel needs to return to the "magic" of Disney's heritage and I think that the executives of Disney are beginning to realize that and Phineas and Ferb, Avalon High and Fish Hooks are steps back toward the real Disney of yesteryear and not this fake, smiley, teenage dating, sentimental and musical wanna be a pop star soap opera-esque syndrome of an entrapment that the Disney Channel has fallen into right now.

Disney is already losing ground to DreamWorks Animation and Disney seriously needs to take more than couple of steps back from all of this pig slop Camp Rock stuff and move back toward sincere quality entertainment. Disney has so much at their disposal that they are not utilizing right now. They could create a wonderful television series out of Spectrobes and most importantly Kingdom Hearts could and should be gleamed for both a movie trilogy and an anime television series. I'd sit down and watch a Kingdom Hearts movie or TV show in a heartbeat. Disney Channel cannot survive off of live action immature girly sitcoms and not only that but it's unfair to Disney fans. Animation is a key element in Disney's history and there should be more quality animated programming as part of the Disney Channel airing roster. Uncle Walt is rolling in his grave at the very thought of his television channel being a immature girly television House of Miley Cyrus channel instead of the House of Mouse Disney Channel.
Disney Channel should also get a Epic Mickey tie-in television series. That would be a good way of helping to introducing Mickey Mouse to those children who THINK that Miley Cyrus and Nick Jonas are the Disney mascots. If only Disney would get their heads out of the sands of doom that Miley and the Jonas Brothers have smoothed the executives in and restore the Magic Kingdom from being the House of Miley and Rockers to being the "House of Mouse"! Until Disney restore the Disney Channel to being the House of Mouse the poor Disney Channel will continue to be a bedroom for immature girls.