Just a thought...

StarKiller

Okay, I know it would have been just horrible, but wouldn't it make much more sense for Indy 4 to take place sometime in the 21st century? You know, to go along with Harrison Ford's aging. I mean, Indy did drink from from the Holy Grail in LC which gave him eternal life right? So what gives? Maybe I'm just missing something here. But I'd rather not see an Indy film that takes place in the now, but you have to admit, it would make much more sense I suppose.

Sorry if this is a repost.:whip:

Finn

Staff member
StarKiller said:
You know, to go along with Harrison Ford's aging. I mean, Indy did drink from from the Holy Grail in LC which gave him eternal life right?
Well, this has been discussed multiple times around here and every time the conclusion's been the same: no, Indy is not immortal... and I'll let somebody else to explain it.

Finn

Staff member
Okay, I'll do it myself.

First, the Grail Knight said something along the line that for every day he didn't dare to drink from the cup, he aged. Which alone proves that one sip from the Grail won't grant immortality. And second, even more subtle hint came in line "You can't pass the great seal... that is the price of immortality", simply saying that you leave the temple, you can kiss eternal life goodbye, as you can't take the cup with you.

Of course, it is possible that the Grail proved Indy and Henry more vitality and somewhat slightly extended life, but no, in time they will pass on like every other man.

Last edited:

phatr32

actually he said, "thats the PRICE of immortality"

as in, thats the price you pay to live for ever.

steve

Finn

Staff member
Hmm... it's possible that it was only in McGregor's novelization. A clear implication however that one sip from the cup doesn't grant immortality.

Slagar

Basically, he could "live forever" if he stayed where the grail was kept. And he clearly left that place *cough*. ;)

Finn

Staff member
Or more like didn't dare, I reckon. Dunno why.

<small>Basically, a discussion like this should be someplace else than this section, but ah, what the heck...</small>

Chris Jones

Even if he got immortality, i wouldn't want a present looking film with Indy in it. It is better for it to be back then, because if it was present, he wouldn't need the whip and he'd probably go all weapon crazy like the rest of the world has today.

phatr32

very true! i like all the old stuff anyways.

CMNeir said:
Even if he got immortality, i wouldn't want a present looking film with Indy in it. It is better for it to be back then, because if it was present, he wouldn't need the whip and he'd probably go all weapon crazy like the rest of the world has today.