The best place on Earth

IndyBuff

Oklahoma is still my favorite place and the area that I truely call "home" on this planet. I was born there and lived there for about fourteen and a half years. I've had the pleasure to live in a few different states but nothing can top Oklahoma for me.:)

annu

I really love Finland, this is absolutely fabolous country to live. Although summers could be longer but I actually love winters more..

Tennessee R

Indy said:
I'm perfectly happy right here in America, although many countries have both good and bad places to live. I guess it depends where you're located.

(Isn't it strange how KDuncan and I posted at exactly the same time and we both used the phrase "perfectly happy"?) Weird.;)

I'm perfectly happy ;) with where you and I are, Indy. ;)
Rolling hills, warm weather, paradise....
Well, it is pertty nice....

IndyBuff

Tennessee R said:
I'm perfectly happy ;) with where you and I are, Indy. ;)
Rolling hills, warm weather, paradise....
Well, it is pertty nice....

Tennessee is a great place to live too, although the weather here is crazy. One day it'll be 40 degrees and raining and then the next day will be 70 degrees and sunny.;)

Tennessee R

indifan101 said:
Yeah your right but when your only 16 it's not that these easy to see the world! Iv'e got a passport, a job and car so I guess this summer I could do some travling!:D

You wanna go to Israel? ;)
We're taking an archaeological trip this summer.
It helps if you know how to dig. ;)

Tennessee R

Indy said:
Tennessee is a great place to live too, although the weather here is crazy. One day it'll be 40 degrees and raining and then the next day will be 70 degrees and sunny.;)

Oh, I know. Yesterday, it was probably close to freezing. Today, I' walking around with a short-sleeve shirt on.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
indifan101 said:
OHIO:D

ahhhh yes...ohio! so much full of bull s-h-i-t and rednecks!:D Come on down!

Sounds like my little corner of the world.... except I would add BORING!!!!

Tennessee R

Indy said:
Count me in too!;)

Alright then. It's top secret, and I can't give you any details, but give me your passports, $20,000.00 and you will be met with a man in a black suit at your door who will take you to a location blindfolded, where you will be interrogated, and put into a private jet, where you will be whisked over....... ;)

Okay, okay,

Well, sure enough, if you are interested, keep a look out on this board (I'll start a thread on it, as we get closer) and on www.wyattmuseum.com as the months go by, and you will likely see some news on this. Meanwhile, the frontpage of the site above has some information on the last dig.

Found some Roman ruins last time, while in a tight cave, underground 30 feet, in Jerusalem, and will be excavating them. May find all sorts of artifacts, but anyway, this is an official government-overseen archaeological excavation, and you don't have to be an official archaeologist, or even have experience to be one of the excavation members. Just have to be willing to work, and be prepared for the adventure of a lifetime. ;)

It usually costs a couple thousand dollars to get the flight, hotel, transportation, meals, etc. all lined up, but for several weeks to a month of adventure, working in thousands of years old ruins, many might think it's worth the price. ;)

qwerty

I do not know about the rest of you but I almost wish this was real and I you were serious.
Imagine that, you go to Israel to look for a tousands year old artifact.
There ougtha be a movie about this.

indifan101

Dude what kind of a job do you have? Except archaeology?
Are you a member of an expedition team?

It usually costs a couple thousand dollars to get the flight, hotel, transportation, meals, etc. all lined up, but for several weeks to a month of adventure,:eek:

IAdventurer01

The best places are where you're happy. And since Disney World is the "Happiest Place on Earth", it must be the best. After all, check their claim. :rolleyes:

IndyBuff

Tennessee R said:
Alright then. It's top secret, and I can't give you any details, but give me your passports, $20,000.00 and you will be met with a man in a black suit at your door who will take you to a location blindfolded, where you will be interrogated, and put into a private jet, where you will be whisked over....... ;)

Okay, okay,

Well, sure enough, if you are interested, keep a look out on this board (I'll start a thread on it, as we get closer) and on www.wyattmuseum.com as the months go by, and you will likely see some news on this. Meanwhile, the frontpage of the site above has some information on the last dig.

Found some Roman ruins last time, while in a tight cave, underground 30 feet, in Jerusalem, and will be excavating them. May find all sorts of artifacts, but anyway, this is an official government-overseen archaeological excavation, and you don't have to be an official archaeologist, or even have experience to be one of the excavation members. Just have to be willing to work, and be prepared for the adventure of a lifetime. ;)

It usually costs a couple thousand dollars to get the flight, hotel, transportation, meals, etc. all lined up, but for several weeks to a month of adventure, working in thousands of years old ruins, many might think it's worth the price. ;)

I'd love to go, although I'll have to figure out how I'm going to pay for it.;)

I've always wanted to participate in a dig and if I have the money this might be a good chance (that's a big IF, of course).;)

Tennessee R

indifan101 said:
Dude what kind of a job do you have? Except archaeology?
Are you a member of an expedition team?
Well, other than Archaeology, I work with Wyatt Archaeological Research, (WAR) doing:
Video editing, producing, etc.
Web Design, ( www.wyattmuseum.com ) and some others
Part-time curator of Wyatt Museum
One of the two shippers for W.A.R.
Overseas, I'm group coordinator, PR, middle-man, problem-solver, and
I run Sub-Surface Radar, where you can see up to 30 feet underground by dragging an antenna over the surface, collecting it into a special computer, transferring it into a laptop, post-processing, etc.

But other than archaeology?

Not much ;)

Last edited:

Tennessee R

Indy said:
I'd love to go, although I'll have to figure out how I'm going to pay for it.;)

I've always wanted to participate in a dig and if I have the money this might be a good chance (that's a big IF, of course).;)

Don't know if any of ya'll listen to George Noory's Coast to Coast late night radio, but it is possible that we'll be on it tonight around 10 to 11 PT PM.

Well, you have till maybe August to raise it. There's no telling what may be found.

In fact, this excavation is directly over an Ark of the Covenant excavation 15 years old.

Tennessee R

qwerty said:
I do not know about the rest of you but I almost wish this was real and I you were serious.
Imagine that, you go to Israel to look for a tousands year old artifact.
There ougtha be a movie about this.

qwerty, uhhh, I am dead serious. except for the:
It's top secret, and I can't give you any details, but give me your passports, $20,000.00 and you will be met with a man in a black suit at your door who will take you to a location blindfolded, where you will be interrogated, and put into a private jet, where you will be whisked over.......
part.

We are not only looking for a thousand year old artifact, but we have already found some of these artifacts on our previous dig, in Aug of '05.

But this will be major. You will actually get to see the shape of these Roman buildings, as well as their extent. It is possible that they continue even outside of the excavation, as we have no idea the total extent, only seeing parts of the ruins by way of caverns.

monkey

Singapore

Best Place on Earth?

Well, I've been around the planet quite a bit.

From my experience............best place on earth??? ......Gotta go with Singapore.

Most beautiful women on earth (and quite a variety of all shades and colors) .......lovely, tropical weather.......low crime....... unhurried lifestyle.....fantastic shopping........great public transportation.......... a truly "Western", modern, technologically advanced nation in the heart of Asia.

Wish I was on Orchard Street right now.

moondrifter

Ok seriously....there's this tiny little village in india where some of my family live...it's by a river and loads of marshes with buffalo grazing. I also went on a motorbike through the sugar cane fields:)

I can't decide between that and the best place ever apart from it....it's in canada. Some random rich guy who's related or friend someone in my family...A beautiful huge bungalow by a lake completely surrounded by forest. It's amazing! So pretty and really remote. We saw bears and everything!