Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other...

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Never seen em, all I've seen is the Cartoon

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

00Kevin

Indyfan
I think We all Agree that Peter Sellers is a Genius. Personally I think the PP series is the best comedy series of them all. My favorite film is "The Pink Panther Strikes again" The sceen when he's trying to get into the castle...PURE GENIUS

I'm really looking forward to the Steve Martin Movie coming this Fall, even though it probubly won't be as good as the others

http://www.mgm.com/pinkpantherthemovie/

what do you guys think about these films?

IAdventurer01

I have to admit that I have not seen all of the movies, but I agree that "Strikes Again" is the best I've seen to date.

I'm a little worried about the new one. They have so many opportunities to mess up a great series.

00Kevin

Indyfan
IAdventurer01 said:
I have to admit that I have not seen all of the movies, but I agree that "Strikes Again" is the best I've seen to date.

I'm a little worried about the new one. They have so many opportunities to mess up a great series.

every day you act more like me

00Kevin

Indyfan
I agree with you, Return is a very funny film, tons of fun gags, but it's #2 for me
strikes again all the way.

a shot in the dark is also very funny, considered the best of the series (and 50th or so all time comedies - afi)

the origonal is also a good one, the others (that I have seen) are a bit week. Revenge is good, but not up to par with the rest of the series, curse is sloppily thrown together deleted scenes, that's all I've seen

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Shot in the Dark was, in my mind, perhaps the highlight of all of the Pink Panther films.

westford

I've never watched them, but my boyfriend is a big Peter Sellars fan. He nearly turned into the Incredible Hulk the other day when we saw a poster for the new version, despite him being a Steve Martin fan too...

00Kevin

Indyfan
westford said:
I've never watched them, but my boyfriend is a big Peter Sellars fan. He nearly turned into the Incredible Hulk the other day when we saw a poster for the new version, despite him being a Steve Martin fan too...

I think you really have to dismiss that by now, seeing as steve Martin is the 4th person to play Clouseau (Sellers, Alan Arkin, Roger Moore), not to mention Ted Wass and Roberto Benigni playing similar characters in other installments of the series

still, no one came close to touching Seller's Magic. But I think Steve Martin will do better then the other non-sellers

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
However, only the Sellers films are accepted by the general public as the Pink Panther films.

roundshort

but this is Steve Martin, the only person who has a chance to live up to the legend, hell I like Sellers as a Chinamen personally

roundshort

After watching the series again, I really think Steve martin has a chance to pull it off. Really, the movie is much more physical humor and sight gags than I remembered. Should be a good movie.

Supernatural

I couldn't vote because I get the titles mixed up. :p
Which is the one where he has an arguement about the monkey needing a permit?

I saw the trailer during Sith. It looked weak. Sorry If you're all big Martin fans.
A young John Cleese seems to be a good casting choice. It just came to me. But obviously we can't have that.

roundshort

BEst sight gag

What do you think is the best continued gag of hte series, is it Kato, the car driving away with out Sellers, etc . . .

"That is Not my Dog!"

Supernatural

Pink Panther is SO BAD

It was announced today Pink Panther is SO BAD it's been yanked by the studio.
Possibly will be released sometime next year.
Probably during studio spring cleaning, when there's no competition.

Pink Panther Strikes Again is by far the funniest but I prefer Revenge Of The Pink Panther which, in my opinion, is a better made film. It's nicer to look at. Strikes Again has a washed out and hurried look to it. I also think Sellers' performance in Revenge is superior.