Indy 5 news 2012

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
The purpose of this thread is to salvage news from opinion. Compare and contrast quotes, fact-check rumors. Share your feelings elsewhere on the Indy 5 forum, even though that means
if I tell you that, we'll have nothing else to talk about the next time, will we?

Stoo

Good luck, Moedred!:hat: This topic will probably dilapidate & rot into the usual discussion of opinions (including those of Indy 4).:rolleyes:

The REAL news is that THERE IS NO NEWS!:( (Stagnancy is where it's at!:p)

Forbidden Eye

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/12/george-lucas-indiana-jones-5-macguffin.html

Whenever Steven Spielberg is asked about the status of a fifth Indiana Jones film, he usually passes the buck to his producing partner George Lucas, whom he entrusts to come up with the plot-propelling MacGuffin for each movie (whether it's the ark of the covenant or an extraterrestrial crystal skull). Recently, Spielberg told EW, "We have already agreed on the genre of the fifth movie, we already have a concept in mind," but when Vulture caught up with Lucas last night at the premiere of The Adventures of Tintin, Lucas admitted that the concept wasn't quite fleshed out. "Actually, I told him I didn't have it yet," Lucas said. "I told him about the story, but I really haven't found the MacGuffin yet. I mean, I know what it's about, but I just have to find a MacGuffin that fits into the arena we're working in." Will Indiana's considerably extended family factor into the movie? Lucas just laughed. "Yeah, we'll see!"

Well, I think I've given up. I don't think we'll see an Indiana Jones 5 with Harrison Ford in the lead.

Indy's brother

Another useless quip, but it's new and about Indy 5. The video of the brief interview here.

Interviewer:"You've worked on an action film with "The Adventures of Tin Tin", did it make you want to make another Indiana Jones?"

Spielberg:"I've always wanted to do another Indiana Jones, one doesn't necessarily inspire the other. They're two different kinds of animals. And uh, if George ever comes up with another story that he wants to tell, I'm his guy to tell it."

Texas

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...framed-roger-rabbit-sequel-is-stalled-for-now

Despite all the talk recently of "Indiana Jones 5" and "Jurassic Park 4," Kennedy cautioned that the big blockbuster films are far down the road.

"We're not writing 'Indiana Jones' right now, and we don't have a writer on 'Jurassic' yet," she said. "We're talking about those, but we don't have writers on those. These projects, we've been talking about them for years and years and years, and something that stands the test of time, that speaks to you, you go, 'Okay. If we keep coming back to this, there must be something there that's worth making.' "

Kernunnos

Texas said:
http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...framed-roger-rabbit-sequel-is-stalled-for-now

Despite all the talk recently of "Indiana Jones 5" and "Jurassic Park 4," Kennedy cautioned that the big blockbuster films are far down the road.

"We're not writing 'Indiana Jones' right now, and we don't have a writer on 'Jurassic' yet," she said. "We're talking about those, but we don't have writers on those. These projects, we've been talking about them for years and years and years, and something that stands the test of time, that speaks to you, you go, 'Okay. If we keep coming back to this, there must be something there that's worth making.' "

Not so long ago, Kathleen Kennedy said Indiana Jones was over, and that Tin-Tin was the new Indiana Jones.

I don't think she knows what she's talking about.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
More Spielberg:

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainme...ielbergs-double-feature-war-horse-tintin.html
As for another Indiana Jones adventure, he says, ?Another Indy movie is up to George Lucas. If George writes a story that Harrison Ford and I love then we?ll be in. George is always in control of the concept, script and story with Indiana Jones. And he hasn?t quite come up with a story. When he does, we?re there with him.?
http://www.azcentral.com/thingstodo...gs-interview-goodykoontz-tintin-warhorse.html
"It's a constant surprise," said Spielberg, calling on his way to a New York airport. "The only time I have a good hunch the audience is going to be there is when I make the sequel to 'Jurassic Park' or I make another Indiana Jones movie. I know I've got a good shot at getting an audience on opening night. Everything else that is striking out into new territory is a crap shoot."
http://www.petside.com/article/steven-spielberg-speaks-his-new-movie-adventures-tintin-and-more
Oh, I don?t know. You?ll have to ask George Lucas. He?s over there. [Points]

Ska

I wonder if Steven is as sick of saying the same thing over and over as we are reading it.

Dr. Gonzo

Ska said:
I wonder if Steven is as sick of saying the same thing over and over as we are reading it.
Well really what can he say? He gets asked probably every other day. If he says nothing it gives hope. He's just saying what he knows. I'm sure he is tired of it though.

Ska

Dr. Gonzo said:
Well really what can he say? He gets asked probably every other day. If he says nothing it gives hope. He's just saying what he knows. I'm sure he is tired of it though.

Oh I agree. I don't envy him at the moment.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Very Very Telling

Pay Attention Forum:

Steven said:
?If there?s an ?Indy V,? I?m not sure when or if there will be, but if there is an ?Indy V,? Harrison has to be the age that he is when we make the picture,? said Spielberg. ?He?s going to have to play that age, and we?ll write that into the script.?

Read more: HERE

And the date of this report. 12-21-2011. As in Today...as in...THERE'S NO INDY V, folks.

Dr. Gonzo

Pale Horse said:
Pay Attention Forum:

And the date of this report. 12-21-2011. As in Today...as in...THERE'S NO INDY V, folks.

So when was that funeral some of us Raveners wanted to have supposed to have been? Reschedule for Today at 7pm Pacific Standard Time?

Indy's brother

Pale Horse said:
Pay Attention Forum:

Begging your pardon, but while you may be right, how does this blurb in particular definitively put Indy 5 to rest? Maybe it kills the Indy 5 that you might want....

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Indy's brother said:
Begging your pardon, but while you may be right, how does this blurb in particular definitively put Indy 5 to rest? Maybe it kills the Indy 5 that you might want....

Agreed.

I wonder what brings Spielberg to that conclusion, anyhow. It's not as though it's been the case for any of the films save for the first, and particularly not the last.

Kernunnos

Spielberg is absolutely right. If Harrison Ford is old, so is Indiana Jones, and they shouldn't be apologetic about that. Just write it into the script appropriately, but don't make a big thing of it.

I'm not one of these who thinks such a character has to be a young man. I think age actually builds something on the character, especially as we've known him since the age he was in Raiders.

Col. Detritch

I agree wholeheartedly. And I don't think this interview is enough to write off Indy V just yet. Sure, Spielberg is being less optimistic than usual, "I?m not sure when or if there will be" but that's not enough in my books to dismiss the possibility, especially when there have been rumblings about it from many different camps in the past few weeks. Maybe I'm just naive in this way, who knows, but time will tell. Plus to be honest I already expected this from Indy V, to acknowledged and play to Harrison's age and the refusal to 'youngify' his appearance. Same thing happened with KotCS. So basically Spielberg has told me nothing once more. Same-old same-old.

:hat: