Star Wars: The Force Awakens

kongisking

jsarino said:
*shakes head* j/k :p I'll get into another discussion about Cruise for another day, but it's more a like/hate thing for me. :)

I should clarify: I'm a big fan of Tom Cruise The Actor, not Tom Cruise The Messed Up Human Being.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
More rumors. Road trip movie!
Han Solo's role in the script is being diminished and Oscar Isaac's yet-unknown character will be picking up the slack. I had heard that Solo is the star of this Star Wars and that the old smuggler would be taking the new kids on a journey across the galaxy to find an old friend who had gone missing.

jsarino

^^^Would that old friend be Chewie? Or, that'd be cool if it were Lando! Billy Dee Williams could be a surprise cameo. I know, that's a stretch. :p

Dr. Gonzo

jsarino said:
^^^Would that old friend be Chewie? Or, that'd be cool if it were Lando! Billy Dee Williams could be a surprise cameo. I know, that's a stretch. :p

Its been floating around that Luke is the one who has "gone missing" for awhile in rumor land.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Dr. Gonzo said:
Its been floating around that Luke is the one who has "gone missing" for awhile in rumor land.

Old Jedi's don't die. Like a Yoda hermit in a forrest they go dancing, Hmmmm?

Luke Skywalker said:
Well, I don't know anyone named Obi-Wan, but old Ben lives out beyond the dune sea. He's kind of a strange old hermit.

Looks like they stole the plot from Dumb and Dumber To.

Harrison Ford to star in live action remake of "Up"
10351592_10154337594315187_5038394413326993185_n.jpg

Montana Smith

Looks like he aged another ten years since his accident.

The New Republic will be relieving him of his light freighter flying license soon. :(

kongisking

featofstrength said:
Harrison Ford to star in live action remake of "Up"
10351592_10154337594315187_5038394413326993185_n.jpg

This is actually really sad to see, such a mega-badass in that state. Get well soon, Harry...or "I will f***ing destroy you!" (uses Ford Finger)

S. Dakota Jones

I still don't know whether to be sad or excited about the OT characters being in these...

I do enjoy me some OT though and it is STAR WARS, so I know I'll go see them in the theater...I'm just more cautious this go round.

kongisking said:
Good Lord...if Kevin Smith, the undisputed Star Wars Fanatic Extraordinaire, is gushing his brains out over VII, then I'm even more excited...

Plinkett: And someone even said it was the bestest movie ever because it had lava in it.

kongisking

featofstrength said:
Plinkett: And someone even said it was the bestest movie ever because it had lava in it.

Wasn't aware he loved the prequels before they came out too. Oh well. Still...actually having enthusiasm and faith in a movie is a nice quality to have.

Grizzlor

kongisking said:
Wasn't aware he loved the prequels before they came out too. Oh well. Still...actually having enthusiasm and faith in a movie is a nice quality to have.

Many people did, they even made a movie about it (Fanboys). He he he. As a filmmaker though, I don't think Smith will go out of his way to bash someone else's.

http://www.people.com/article/harrison-ford-uses-special-crutch-after-breaking-leg

The iWalk Crutch is what Harrison is using. A director for the company that sells it said Ford will only be "out of commission for about a month."

kongisking said:
Still...actually having enthusiasm and faith in a movie is a nice quality to have.

Yeah...that movie is called "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes." Just another entry in a little-heard-of, long-running sci-fi series...that's getting great early reviews.;)