Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=105599
Never say never! Same goes for Indy. :)

jurassicpark2015small.jpg

Last edited:

kongisking

A list of recent updates on the development of this that have yet to be discussed here:

1. The film has been confirmed to be titled "Jurassic World", to be released June 12, 2015, and this is the official logo (sorry for the huge pic):

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sites/default/files/2013/09/jurassic_world_logo_a_l.jpg

Source

2. May have Bryce Dallas Howard in a starring role.

Source

3. Confirmed casting of the kid from Iron Man 3, Ty Simpkins.

Source

4. Josh Brolin in talks for a lead role :cool:

Source

5. Idris Elba (of both Thor and Pacific Rim fame) to star as well.

Source

I'm not going to lie, I am very pleased and excited to see this film finally picking up some steam. But I still demand: The Goldblum Must Return.

Last edited by a moderator:

kongisking

Henry Jones VII said:
Josh Brolin and Idris Elba in a "Jurassic" movie? I say , now I'm interested a LOT!

And the title is cool I think.

It certainly implies a movie on a much bigger scale than the previous films. Maybe someone was able to successfully remake the park and now there are a bunch of them around the globe. Of course, something happens to make them all go to hell, and now a badass team of mercenaries joined by a few dinosaur experts have to go into them one-by-one and rescue the trapped tourists.

Henry Jones VII

kongisking said:
It certainly implies a movie on a much bigger scale than the previous films. Maybe someone was able to successfully remake the park and now there are a bunch of them around the globe. Of course, something happens to make them all go to hell, and now a badass team of mercenaries joined by a few dinosaur experts have to go into them one-by-one and rescue the trapped tourists.

I approve! well done mate :hat: :hat:

kongisking

A new interview with the director of Jurassic World reveals a surprising reprisal from the first film:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/18/exclusive-interview-with-the-director-of-jurassic-world

Not so much big for casual fans, but for the hardcore Parkphiles like myself, this is actually pretty cool. Anyone who's read the novel knows this character has more potential to him than a one-scene exposition moment.

Said interview also sheds a teensy bit of light on Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard's roles in the narrative, but again, very teensy.

Raiders90

Why can't they just let this series rest in peace? The original was a classic, the Lost World was fun, it didn't need anything else.

Dr. Gonzo

Raiders112390 said:
Why can't they just let this series rest in peace? The original was a classic, the Lost World was fun, it didn't need anything else.

Same could be said of Indiana Jones... but as always it comes down to the immortal words of Jim Morrison...

"Money beats soul, every god damn time."

kongisking

TheFedora said:
Colin Trevorrow reveals that he has Jurassic World sequels planned!

To be honest, this news is very exciting. I have been waiting for this movie a very long time, and now that it's filming, I keep getting more excited with every tidbit of news that comes along lately.

They have sequels planned? Why, what a shocking development! ;)

I too am dying to see World. Jurassic Park is, I'm fairly sure, my first Spielberg movie AND my first film I saw as a kid that really left a strong impression on me. Indy may be my ultimate crush...but Jurassic Park is what started my love for movies in the first place. And if this one is great...then hell, bring on more dinosaur carnage, by all means.

kongisking

TheFedora said:
Actually...Entertainment Weekly today released 3 official set pictures from Jurassic World.

Note how one of them actually appears to be a still from the film, while the second is most likely a close up of a prop car. And the third is a crew chair with the official logo on it.

Wouldn't it be great if Dallas Howard and Pratt were playing grown-up Lex and Tim respectively, with Lex now having become a scientist in charge of the park (possibly her way of conquering her demons and nightmares about the original park by 'controlling' these new dinos) and Tim a roguish paleontologist? I can see him visiting the park one day, to try and see his sister who he's estranged from, and that's when the crap hits the fan, and now they must work together to save the tourists from the rampaging beasties.

Well, at least, that's the story I'D write...