The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones

harvey

Dan Reed Original Art - An IndyCast EXCLUSIVE!

Raiders:
http://i49.tinypic.com/fbbwyb.jpg

Temple:
2uhtmiq.jpg

Last Crusade:
ap91t5.jpg

Dan's take on the cover for issue #9 (original pencils and inks):
35iy5hd.jpg

Dan's final cover. Almost 30 years later, his quest is complete:
2lkfsc1.jpg

So, Junior...do you want your money back? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Junior Jones

BrodyIsDead said:
Thanks EddyW! Replied to you now. (y)

Just listened to IndyCast 152 and the Dan Reed interview on The Further Adventures segment. Great interview but I was really interested when he mentioned that his recent issue of National Geographic held info about the Indy Adventure of Archaeology exhibition...

Does anyone know which issue this actually is? Month? And is it just a page ad or is it an actual feature?! :confused:

It's the October 2012 issue. And the ad is just a postcard-sized insert. It was cool to see, but nothing to get really excited about.

BrodyIsDead

printed adventures

Junior Jones said:
It's the October 2012 issue. And the ad is just a postcard-sized insert. It was cool to see, but nothing to get really excited about.

Thanks, Junior Jones - I'm a bit of a collector of all Indy literature so was on the trail as soon as I heard the snippet in the interview... Don't go in for the toys or any other Indy collecting but printed Indy stuff is like catnip to me! :hat:

harvey

JuniorJones said:
That's super cool. Is it commisioned art?

During our interview with Dan, he mentioned that he was jealous of Chaykin for getting to do the covers. Keith e-mailed and said if he'd like to take a crack, we'd post 'em. He did...and we did.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
harvey said:
During our interview with Dan, he mentioned that he was jealous of Chaykin for getting to do the covers. Keith e-mailed and said if he'd like to take a crack, we'd post 'em. He did...and we did.

The man is a superstar.(y)

DoomTown

JuniorJones said:
Well, if you both pull off what I think you're trying to pull off...then yes!:p

Sit tight, Junior. Sit tight....;)

BTW, had NO idea my Back Issue #55 e-mail made it to print! Pretty cool, thanks for the scan. One other question: Which issue did it appear? Just curious.....Thanks again(y)

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
DoomTown said:
Sit tight, Junior. Sit tight....;)

Interesting? Feel free to tell me elsewhere...

DT said:
BTW, had NO idea my Back Issue #55 e-mail made it to print! Pretty cool, thanks for the scan. One other question: Which issue did it appear? Just curious.....Thanks again(y)

Issue 56. With the George Perez cover. You can buy it directly from Twomorrows website or you could try and blah a copy.

Well, they printed your work, didn't they...and you will be more than happy to promote their product, won't you?!

Jackson

Now that Disney owns both the rights for Indiana Jones and Marvel. Perhaps they can make some of those further adventures of Indiana Jones comics into a animated series or a movie.. I would like to see the following issues made into movies.

TFAOIJ
Issues
4-18

That would make me happy(y) (y) (y) (y)

Stoo

Jackson said:
Now that Disney owns both the rights for Indiana Jones and Marvel. Perhaps they can make some of those further adventures of Indiana Jones comics into a animated series or a movie.
I doubt it. Correct me if this is wrong, guys, but Marvel doesn't own the rights to the "Further Adventures" material anymore. Dark Horse does.

harvey

Stoo said:
I doubt it. Correct me if this is wrong, guys, but Marvel doesn't own the rights to the "Further Adventures" material anymore. Dark Horse does.

Correct. Dark Horse holds the license for Indy comics. Check out Mitch's interview with Dark Horse's Mike Richardson on the latest IndyCast. What I got from it is that they're in a holding pattern on Indy comics until the dust settles from the Disney deal.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
This is part of an overview of IJ collecting (with some nice pics of the Marvel UK issues, especially the rare Spidey issues) from someone clearly knows nothing about the subject. Still, it's more informative that what some self-proclaimed "experts" have offered. :eek: :eek:

Can you spot an obvious error?

collectoe.jpg

Last edited: