Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Films
User Name
Password

Old 01-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #26
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
That's how I feel about Indy V. But for Star Wars, get ready for the mental deficients, (Jar Jar) scraping the seedy parts of the galaxy off the sole of their...what, feet?

Jar Jar looks like a dopey, floppy-eared dog. Maybe he'll drag his arse all over the carpet of the universe that George built. That'll be dirty for sure.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #27
oki9Sedo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Scout 117
lol actually i read it on facebook

Just read about it there. He's retiring from blockbuster film-making, but will make small experimental films. He's been talking about doing this for years, saying he's jealous of Francis Ford Coppola etc, so I'm glad to see he's finally getting to do it.
oki9Sedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:05 AM   #28
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oki9Sedo
Just read about it there. He's retiring from blockbuster film-making, but will make small experimental films. He's been talking about doing this for years, saying he's jealous of Francis Ford Coppola etc, so I'm glad to see he's finally getting to do it.

If only this were true, then Harrison could sleep easily at night without dreaming of the horrors Lucas has in store for him.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #29
Moedred
Administrator

McCallum interview:
Quote:
I think he would do what he did on Young Indy. You hire the best directors, you create the best story you possibly can and then do everything you can to support them in the editorial process. Again, if George wanted to be known as one thing it would always be as an editor. Thats his dream and thats the part he loves the most. I think Ive said this before, but writing is so painful for him and he certainly knows there are a lot of you who dont like his writing (laughs). But theyre his stories and thats the way he does it, but its hard for him.

And directing isnt the main focus of his life. He wants to gather all the material, but hed really rather just go into the editing room and do that. The best thing about Young Indy was that it was like mail-order film making for him. Hed be editing and hed call me up and I was always nine or ten hours ahead of him and say: I just need a wider shot of when he walks out in Shanghai. But we were in France now (laughs). Wed finish in a location and then move straight on. So we did composite film making, where wed do a hallway in Paris, the stairs in Prague, a ballroom in Moscow etc.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 02:59 AM   #30
Moedred
Administrator

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/72539
Coming to Netflix?
Old 11-13-2017, 01:36 PM   #31
Moedred
Administrator

Netflix, pfft.
Quote:
We're leveraging BAMTech to launch a Disney-branded DTC service in the latter part of 2019, streaming the latest Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars feature films in the first pay window. Our studio will also produce four or five future films a year exclusively for this service. We're also planning to produce a number of original series for the new service, and we're already developing a Star Wars live action series.