Can Jason Bourne kick Indiana Jones' ass?

oki9Sedo

Attila the Professor said:
I think it's acceptable, if not interesting to me personally, to take the characters and extrapolate them beyond the confines of their sources. It ought to be possible with a character both well-written and well-portrayed.

But those characters are partially defined by the confines of their sources. So placing Indiana Jones in the "real world" of Jason Bourne wouldn't fit.

Its not a fair question anyway. You might say Indy would lose because he does wide punches (haymakers) and kicks you could see coming a mile away, but thats because he stems from a B-movie action adventure world. Jason Bourne is fast and furious because he stems from our world.

Inbanana

ClintonHammond said:
The only correct answer is whatever they were WRITTEN to do... They're fictional characters who cannot act outside what their writers make them do...

Questions like this make this forum sound like it's for 8 year olds....
Sure, its just a silly question... but I also wanted to point to the article (credit should should go to Steven over at spielbergfilms.com for finding it, new news has been hard to find lately...), which also gives us a little insight into the stunts in Indy 4 and what kind of shape Ford is in. I don't think its so much that the stunt coordinator is actually saying that "Bourne could destroy Indy", but more how the L.A. Times is spinning the story, anyway...

Also, nothing wrong with a little Superman vs. Mighty Mouse debate, to me, I never saw these "films" as "high art"... more as a tribute to the B-movie serials that Lucas and Spielberg grew up with.

deckard24

"Questions like this make this forum sound like it's for 8 year olds..."

Personally I don't think this question is any more juvenile than the majority of topics discussed here like toys and collectibles, movies about Batman, Pirates of the Caribbean, Zombie films, dressing up in clothing that a fictional character wore ie. fedoras, leather jackets, and gas mask bags, video games, homemade cartoons, etc... I think this forum, this site, and the love of a certain fictional character and all his adventures appeals to the 8 year old in all of us!

Niteshade007

I'm really surprised at the number of people who really believe that Indy could beat Bourne. Or that Harrison Ford could beat Matt Damon, a guy who is about half Ford's age.

Vendetta08

Niteshade007 said:
I'm really surprised at the number of people who really believe that Indy could beat Bourne. Or that Harrison Ford could beat Matt Damon, a guy who is about half Ford's age.

They're Indy fans....lol

Kingsley

Indiana Jones is an archaeologist and a teacher in his everyday. Bourne is a secret agent trained to kill, and the best among them. They are not in the same category.

But in Indys world everything is possible...

Johan

Wow....lots of delusional Indy fans. You know you can still be a HUGE Indy fan and still admit that Bourne would kill him in a matter of a few minutes at the most.

sarah navarro

Johan said:
Wow....lots of delusional Indy fans. You know you can still be a HUGE Indy fan and still admit that Bourne would kill him in a matter of a few minutes at the most.
I think not , I have evidence
bruceindy.jpg

Bruce Lee cross kick to the face!

loganbush

Ford would destroy Damon. Did you hear about that story in the fight scene during Firewall? I don't know where to find it if anyones knows.

Short Round

I can't believe people are saying Bourne would beat Jones if Indy didn't have a gun. That's the way his character is written. It's like saying Indy would defeat Bourne if Bourne didn't have any fighting skills. The fact is that Indy DOES have a gun, therefore meaning he would win.

No Ticket

Short Round said:
I can't believe people are saying Bourne would beat Jones if Indy didn't have a gun. That's the way his character is written. It's like saying Indy would defeat Bourne if Bourne didn't have any fighting skills. The fact is that Indy DOES have a gun, therefore meaning he would win.

Lots of people have guns and Bourne still manages to kill them. He is trained to handle those situations and in close combat, the kind of maneuvers he would use on Indy would be much more complicated than Indy's simple "bar-room brawl" type of fighting. Indy is no superman, he runs into guys bigger than him that probably could beat him but he gets... LUCKY.

The guard in TOD who gets caught and squashed, the mechanic in Raiders... he probably would've lost those fights if not for the lucky fact that those guys got killed on accident.

Bourne would TEAR Indy apart in a matter of seconds unless a propeller happened to swing around and chop him into pieces right in the nick of time. lol.

That being said. This question is stupid.

Short Round

No Ticket said:
Lots of people have guns and Bourne still manages to kill them. He is trained to handle those situations and in close combat, the kind of maneuvers he would use on Indy would be much more complicated than Indy's simple "bar-room brawl" type of fighting. Indy is no superman, he runs into guys bigger than him that probably could beat him but he gets... LUCKY.

The guard in TOD who gets caught and squashed, the mechanic in Raiders... he probably would've lost those fights if not for the lucky fact that those guys got killed on accident.

Bourne would TEAR Indy apart in a matter of seconds unless a propeller happened to swing around and chop him into pieces right in the nick of time. lol.

That being said. This question is stupid.

Yeah. But, those people don't also have whips and they are not as lucky as Indy.